IGNORED

World Snooker Championship 2022

jocky king

8 hours ago, jocky king said:

Ding nerves got the better of him , should have won the match . That’s snooker for you . My brother can’t watch Kyren playing , saying his face impressions put him off .. 555 . Thai player Un Nooh  , great player but made silly choices cost him few frames loss to Higgins , a very talent player , I think he need a new coach . Other Thai player ( Saengkham ) doing well against Brecil 6-3 finishing tmw . 

I think Kyren Wilson has what it takes to be World Champion , and sadly Ding will never be .

As for face impressions , there are some good ones out there .  Ronnie's Gurning is a sight to behold ! 

Mikeyboy 

13 minutes ago, mikeyboy said:

I think Kyren Wilson has what it takes to be World Champion , and sadly Ding will never be .

As for face impressions , there are some good ones out there .  Ronnie's Gurning is a sight to behold ! 

Mikeyboy 

your probably  right , ding just does not have the mental toughness

such a pity as he is a great player

Wilson certainly does

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

Mark Williams is showing a snooker masterclass to Jackson Paige...

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Red-Devil said:

Mark Williams is showing a snooker masterclass to Jackson Paige...

Yes , he and Ronnie are lethal when around the black spot , screws , cannons , etc. they hardly ever run out of position..

Ronnie 6-2 up on Mark Allen 

Mikeyboy 

potential massive quarter final Higgins v Robertson if the seeds get through !

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Mark Williams an irresistible force , crushes Jackson Page 13-3 to move to Quarters . 

Ronnie V zhao xintong   1/4 final  with winner to face Robertson or Higgins in semi

epic:Clap8:, will it play out?

image.png.ab0cf1312a1a6431c187157fb401e6db.png

Top half,

my bet is Williams V Wilson semi

image.png.902521da8d8e00fc13854b42b83b1798.png

• Like 2

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

Ronnie was awesome against Allen 12-4 needing only a frame tomorrow afternoon  . Allen said yesterday, he will try to get under Ronnie skin .. It was other way round 555 .. 

Edited by jocky king

Bewitching stuff from "The Rocket " last night.

Jimmy White and Alan McManus totally in awe sat in the Eurosport studio.

"Doing things other players simply cannot do"

• Like 2

On 19/04/2022 at 18:52, mikeyboy said:

I think John Higgins was born old ...  

that weight-loss has taken years off him…. No more square sausages for breakfast!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Maguire and The Rocket both cruising in their games. I caught bits of the O’SulIivan Show yesterday, just sub-lime snooker. Maguire seemingly gonna thrash Xintong was a surprise . But he does have the game , if not the temperament and patience. Cant see him getting past Rocket in the Q/F.

Higgins playing another Thai, should get through. It looks like its moving inevitably towards the top seedlings making it to the business end.I hope Bingtao takes out Selby as he could be the last ‘wildcard’ in the draw, makes it interesting 

Edited by Somchai1

Plenty of support in the UK for Yan Bingtao, not surprisingly due to the fact that he's up against "The Jester"

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Eric Le Roi said:

Plenty of support in the UK for Yan Bingtao, not surprisingly due to the fact that he's up against "The Jester"

Iv'e always enjoyed watching the  "Jester from Leicester"  but i seem to be in a minority .  ☹️

Yan Bingtao i suspect may well be the first Chinese world Champion , but probably not this year ..

Mikeyboy  

Never seen Neil Robertson as jittery as he is tonight .  10 - 7 down to Jack Lisowski

Mikeyboy

43 minutes ago, mikeyboy said:

Never seen Neil Robertson as jittery as he is tonight .  10 - 7 down to Jack Lisowski

Mikeyboy

And just like that , Neil knocks in a 147 !!

Funny old game

Brilliant jack won the deciding frame to Robertson , I thought jack was gone with nerves at 10-10 .. delighted for him . 147 for Robertson , Bingham & Noppon nearly got a 147 today .. pocket must be little big ???  
 Yan vs Williams 

Trump Vs Bingham 

Jack Vs Higgins 

Ronnie Vs Maguire . 

We are in for a Big treat … 

8 hours ago, jocky king said:

Brilliant jack won the deciding frame to Robertson , I thought jack was gone with nerves at 10-10 .. delighted for him . 147 for Robertson , Bingham & Noppon nearly got a 147 today .. pocket must be little big ???  
 Yan vs Williams 

Trump Vs Bingham 

Jack Vs Higgins 

Ronnie Vs Maguire . 

We are in for a Big treat … 

Yes , Neil Robertson was playing the best snooker of all coming into this years Worlds , but now seems to disappoint each time . 

Some really good matchups in the quarters , 

The jaws of the corner pockets look huge and very forgiving , despite the rubbish that John Virgo and others talk about them being tight . 

Mikeyboy   

• Like 2

Jack never won a ranking tournament since he became a professional even though he lost 6 ranking finals . Maybe this is his year ,  to win the world championship he gotta beat the best . He did that to Robertson . That will motivate him to go better .  Remember Joe Johnson , his world championship trophy was his only ranking tournament of his professional career .   Jack is 14/1 at the moment ( Paddy Power ) fantastic bet . 

2 hours ago, mikeyboy said:

Yes , Neil Robertson was playing the best snooker of all coming into this years Worlds , but now seems to disappoint each time . 

Some really good matchups in the quarters , 

The jaws of the corner pockets look huge and very forgiving , despite the rubbish that John Virgo and others talk about them being tight . 

Mikeyboy   

John Virgo and Dennis Taylor have for years harped on about these tournament tables being tighter than club tables, anyone who has played and reached a half decent club standard will most likely agree this is total BS.

Most of us have watched balls on these TV tournament tables somehow magically being thrown across to the opposite jaw and then potted after the first contact was right on the outer edge of the jaw, that would never happen on 90% of the club tables I've played on that's for sure, not taking it away from todays players they are truly very gifted players but why John (where's the white ball going X2) Virgo feels the need to tell us the tables are tight is comical.           

• Like 2

Both The Class of 92 goes into a 6-2 lead at first session . Ronnie might be a little disappointed with a last frame loss with a ball on his hand with colors on the table . Maguire is very relieved to go only 4 frames behind instead of six .. Haven't seen  the other table , Williams winning 6-2 to Yan despite Yan 130 + break .  Higgins , trump Bingham and Jack coming up .. Can’t wait .. :ThumbUp6:

7 hours ago, castledrive said:

John Virgo and Dennis Taylor have for years harped on about these tournament tables being tighter than club tables, anyone who has played and reached a half decent club standard will most likely agree this is total BS.

Most of us have watched balls on these TV tournament tables somehow magically being thrown across to the opposite jaw and then potted after the first contact was right on the outer edge of the jaw, that would never happen on 90% of the club tables I've played on that's for sure, not taking it away from todays players they are truly very gifted players but why John (where's the white ball going X2) Virgo feels the need to tell us the tables are tight is comical.           

Couldn't agree more  ,  total BS from guys who should know better . 

One thing i am in total awe of , is the cue ball control of these guys that make a very difficult skill at times look ridiculously easy , and a good safety battle is very entertaining . 

Mikeyboy 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, mikeyboy said:

One thing i am in total awe of , is the cue ball control of these guys that make a very difficult skill at times look ridiculously easy

It's beyond belief. Trying snooker the first time, I was surprised at how small the balls are (...) Makes it a lot more difficult to add, say, some back spin or side. And, of course, I was aware the table is big. But damn! That table is fucking big :)

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Stuart Bingham turning round a 5-3 deficit into an 8-5 lead 

Judd has been quite poor so far today , but has time to pull it back 

Mikeyboy

45 minutes ago, mikeyboy said:

Stuart Bingham turning round a 5-3 deficit into an 8-5 lead 

Judd has been quite poor so far today , but has time to pull it back 

Mikeyboy

its 8-8 now,, it  will go to the wire

have to faver Ronnie now that Robertson is gone