IGNORED

2021 World Snooker Championship

PR1977

Past snooker players have always had a love affair with Pattaya......... either of the finalists ever enjoyed Pattayas’ finest??

3 hours ago, Somchai1 said:

Not a big fan of Murphy either after that incident a few years ago when he got Maguire docked a frame for forgetting his chalk during a match

I dont like him either but he may have been unfairly blamed for the incident 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro.co.uk/2021/02/19/shaun-murphy-gives-his-side-of-chalk-incident-with-stephen-maguire-17-years-on-14109516/amp/

19 minutes ago, shonkyimp said:

Possible, I suppose, their is still a feud between the two and if that was me I would have done my upmost to get both the ref and the tournament director to confirm to Maguire i had no part in the frame docking and it was an official decision. If Murphy has said to the ref, knowingly, ”what’s the rules regarding this delay?” prompting an issue then he is as guilty as asking directly for him to be docked. Let’s hope Selby forgets his chalk this afternoon :D

Edited by Somchai1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pinoydave said:

Past snooker players have always had a love affair with Pattaya......... either of the finalists ever enjoyed Pattayas’ finest??

I played against David Gray in pool competition,  he was found stripped naked on the street , then went to hospital , rumours was some ladyboys spiked his drink and stole his money . He went on the British newspaper to deny that rumours .. lol . I also played against Stuart Pettman and Jimmy  White , I also met Michael Georgiou ( winner of ( 2018 snooker shootout ) . 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, BigLicks said:

1st frame to Murphy.....only 17 more to go!!!  C'mon Sean!

2-1 To Murphy , good start to the match .

Interesting listening to Steve Davis , i sense he sees a lot of himself in Mark Selby and can easily relate to the " i don't give a toss what people think " mentality , i just want to win .   

In most sports that is a great attribute to have , but because Snooker is so up close and personal with camera's up the players noses , they must feel like stressed goldfish at times . 

now 2-2 .  

Mikeyboy

• Like 2

Impressed with Murphy , shows no fear .. Having Chris Hendry as coach works wonder for him . Alan  said , he was Mr Too nice for years , completely changed for the better . Nice to see his kids on photo at home watching their dad playing . 

Selby grew stronger as number of frames goes by .. Everytime that Murphy make a  breaks of 40/50s , Selby cleared it up .Noticed that at second session ( after interval) ,Shaun is drawn into Selby game , he should go back to play his own game tomorrow . 9-7 down Is not bad for Shaun . He will be up for it tomorrow.  Could be close .

Thought it was the last frame . One more to go , Murphy badly need a 17th frame to go 8-9 . 

Edited by jocky king

Let’s hope Shaun will give us his big show at 1pm.., So that we will all have a big night viewing at 7pm ... Hopefully 18-17 ..

13-11 with one frame in this session to go. I'm hoping Murphy pulls the next one as it will guarrantee an epic final session tonight.

sexy-naughty.png.764576a2887de17787b7331889800d21.png

14-11 ... Selby looked as if he already won the match when he looked up at his wife & friends with fist pump . Not over yet , Shaun is only need 7 frames to win the championship with Selby 4 . Not over yet by the long chalk . 

5 minutes ago, jocky king said:

14-11 ... Selby looked as if he already won the match when he looked up at his wife & friends with fist pump . Not over yet , Shaun is only need 7 frames to win the championship with Selby 4 . Not over yet by the long chalk . 

For sure its not over , but if you asked me who had the most bottle to close out a match before the Tournament started i would have said Mark Selby .

Shaun has played really well over the past two weeks , but needs to get on a roll to win from here .  It's still possible but not likely .

Top snooker this afternoon as both players made a few mistakes which adds to the drama .

Mikeyboy

• Like 2

Selby is disaster to watch,

Murphy much better..

People dont want to watch Selby..

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

1 hour ago, fostraswift said:

Selby is disaster to watch,

Murphy much better..

People dont want to watch Selby..

i love to watch Selby! Fucking machine.

Edited by petehoax
  • Like 3

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

42 minutes ago, petehoax said:

i love to watch Selby! Fucking machine.

Selby is a great player but sooo slow... Murphy is much more offensive so more fun to watch but unfortunately offensive doesn't mean better at this stage

4 minutes ago, Abracadabra said:

Selby is a great player but sooo slow... Murphy is much more offensive so more fun to watch but unfortunately offensive doesn't mean better at this stage

Beautifully said ..  

• Like 1

I backed McGill €10 to beat Ronnie for €85 when he was 4-1 down . Then put all on Selby to win world snooker championships for €510 .  I still want Murphy to win if not I will get €510 better off ... Happy days !!! :Finger5: 

D4B67AED-7B6D-459A-9544-B5A5F6928C7F.png

• Like 2

Brilliant exciting match from both players ... Awesome . Credit to Murphy for battling back .. Went for pink instead of blue was a key ... 16-13 .. 

Edited by jocky king

Two great clearances from Murphy after Selby twice breaks down...Selby showing a few nerves and a bit of momentum with Murphy now.

Murphy potting everything - all he needs is 3 more chances. Wonder if Selby will go into total spoiler mode now.

Sweaky bum time .. 17-15 Murphy was awesome in the last two frames .. 

Why did Murphy went for the last red , should have made it safe , I can’t believe it  .. I’m gutted for Murphy .. Selby a true champion . ( Thank you for €510 ) 

A big thank you to PR1977 for starting this thread , and to all who are involved in discussions. 

Edited by jocky king
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, jocky king said:

Why did Murphy went for the last red , should have made it safe , I can’t believe it  .. I’m gutted for Murphy .. Selby a true champion . ( Thank you for €510 ) 

Yes , got caught in two minds and proved fatal .

Excellent final , really enjoyed it .   Live crowd made it an occasion it deserved , well done World Snooker .

• Like 3

Selby won an he is the rightful champion. Not the fans favourite and he will never be but he was the best player in this tournament. 

Edited by Abracadabra
  • Like 3

• 9 months later...

Well, 2022 now but what the hell...

Apologies if this has a prior post, but I found myself glad for Ming and her efforts over the years...  Hope she goes on with it...

https://aseannow.com/topic/1250346-thai-woman-wins-world-snooker-championship-now-mink-gets-crack-at-the-men-on-the-main-tour/

Cheers...and kill the 5th day 2guns