IGNORED

2021 World Snooker Championship

PR1977

31 minutes ago, mikeyboy said:

Bingham  Selby  19th frame  63 minutes of tension .   10 - 9 Stuart .

Couldn't see this coming , but Stuart Bingham sure is giving us some entertainment .    Still fancy Mark Selby to get through though .

Mikeyboy

He looked rattled , everyone always had a bad session , his turn now ?? 

Mark escape safety on red on 14 th frame , awesome. That him helps to win that frame . 

11 hours ago, jocky king said:

He looked rattled , everyone always had a bad session , his turn now ?? 

Almost impossible for Mark Selby to keep his standard so high , but Stuart Bingham really did play well . 

great entertainment .

Mikeyboy

• Like 2

Last nights' session between Selby v Bingham,  personally I would say must be the best snooker I have ever seen, it included every aspect of the game played at the very highest standard, well done both players....one thing spoiled it just a little though, was Selbys' lack of acknowledgement and sportsmanship  when Binghams 147 bid broke down, but again typical of the miserable guy he is!!!   C'mon Bingham!!!:Clap:

• Like 2

At least with Selby you get your money’s worth, although playing on in the last frame needing 5 snookers was a bit much.

Be interesting to see how long this afternoon’s session goes on for and if the Wilson Murphy evening session then has to be pushed back.

What a pot on the black from Shaun Murphy to win the session 3-1 and trail 9-11.

Wilson looks like he might be feeling it a bit, not as decisive and positive as he was yesterday, one particular shot he played using the extended spider crossways was a bit peculiar to say the least. 

• Like 2

I’m  now a great fan of Shaun Murphy .. A brilliant fighter . I think he is now a people champion .. 11-9 down .  Shaun break offs is giving frames to Wilson . He has to tighten it up . 

Edited by jocky king

Murphy, Brilliant fight back to level 12-12 .. Awesome cueing . He will feel a lot better now . I think if goes on without stopping now , he will win . Session over might be a right time for Wilson to regroup himself together for tonight .. What a feast for us snooker fan . Selby vs Bingham at 14.30 and Murphy Vs Wilson at 19.00 . Selby match might be a late finish . 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PR1977 said:

What a pot on the black from Shaun Murphy to win the session 3-1 and trail 9-11.

Wilson looks like he might be feeling it a bit, not as decisive and positive as he was yesterday, one particular shot he played using the extended spider crossways was a bit peculiar to say the least. 

Never seen Shaun Murphy as animated as this .  Good on him to graft it out , something he has not always done in the past .   That Black was majestic !

Mikeyboy

• Like 2

Rerack after 31 minute of 26 th frame .never saw that before . Both are very too safely minded . 

A 40 minute re-rack in frame 26 of Bingham v Selby :Laugh1:

Could be another 8 frames in this and could go on for hours...I wonder would they be pulled off if not finished to let Wilson Murphy play their final session or would they play on? Either way, strong possibility of snooker well after midnight and at least one finalist having a very late night....

Meanwhile Selby flukes one and shows a bit of emotion for the first time just about in the whole tourney...wry smile from Bingham

Bingham wins to go 15-16 and this will be suspended until after Wilson Murphy

Incredible stuff.

And you thought last year's semi's were dramatic?!

Edited by PR1977
  • Like 2

Incredible from Shaun Murphy, he's now won 11 of the last 13, doesn't look like missing, the man who won in 2005 is back!

1 minute ago, PR1977 said:

Incredible from Shaun Murphy, he's now won 11 of the last 13, doesn't look like missing, the man who won in 2005 is back!

Murphy is on fire, don't know if Wilson is able to stop him now...Wilson just missed a red Murphy in again, looks like its going to be 16-12 to Murphy....In the other match, I fear for Bingham now, but still rooting for him...not over until the fat lady sings, as they say!!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BigLicks said:

Murphy is on fire, don't know if Wilson is able to stop him now...Wilson just missed a red Murphy in again, looks like its going to be 16-12 to Murphy....In the other match, I fear for Bingham now, but still rooting for him...not over until the fat lady sings, as they say!!

Murphy 99% pot success in that session!!!

Shaun :Clap:

From 4-10 to win 17-12. Is there anything better than seeing someone written off, past his best, washed up, to come back and reclaim glory days?

That was incredible.

• Like 2

And Selby does what Selby does...

Unbelievable match ( both ) , Shaun was flawless, 100% on long shot on fourth session . Play like this in the final tomorrow and Monday , he will win . Selby , made snookered , Bingham couldn’t make it and lost the match . Selby probably the best tactical snooker player ever . Wilson saying , Murphy pump fist was silly   Murphy saying , every sportsmen pump fist if scoring or winning , so snooker is no different.  Selby & Murphy has the same coach , Chris Hendry , wonder who will he support .. lol . Should be a good final , Selby have to play quicker this time . 

• Like 3

This years tournament so far has been incredibly high in  standard with the century breaks record already gone. I do lose a bit of interest in it if Ronnie gets KO’d but that’s just my personal taste. Once he was out I was hoping and thought Robertson looked in good shape for it but he seems to flatter to deceive in this tournament.

Ive really tried to find something to like about Selby, but am failing miserably. If he’s considered a ‘Jester’ in Leicester the stand-up scene must be dire in the East Midlands. He surely is the Dick Dastardly of the green baize.

Incredibly mean-spirited , definitely slow-plays as a strategy to wind other players up. None of the pundits on the BBC or Eurosport have the balls to call him out about it. He seems to enjoy getting under the skin of his opponent as much as winning a frame.

He pulled faces in his chair last night when he thought Bingham was getting the run of the balls then got so lucky with covering the baulk colours from safety shots, where Bingham surely would have made it 16-16. He gets plenty of his fair share of luck.

Not a big fan of Murphy either after that incident a few years ago when he got Maguire docked a frame for forgetting his chalk during a match, so sadly, while i will get to see some of it over the next two days, I wont be all over the final as normal.

Edited by Somchai1

11 minutes ago, Somchai1 said:

This years tournament so far has been incredibly high in  standard with the century breaks record already gone. I do lose a bit of interest in it if Ronnie gets KO’d but that’s just my personal taste. Once he was out I was hoping and thought Robertson looked in good shape for it but he seems to flatter to deceive in this tournament.

Ive really tried to find something to like about Selby, but am failing miserably. If he’s considered a ‘Jester’ in Leicester the stand-up scene must be dire in the East Midlands. He surely is the Dick Dastardly of the green baize.

Incredibly mean-spirited , definitely slow-plays as a strategy to wind other players up. None of the pundits on the BBC or Eurosport have the balls to call him out about it. He seems to enjoy getting under the skin of his opponent as much as winning a frame.

He pulled faces in his chair last night when he thought Bingham was getting the run of the balls then got so lucky with covering the baulk colours from safety shots, where Bingham surely would have made it 16-16. He gets plenty of his fair share of luck.

Not a big fan of Murphy either after that incident a few years ago when he got Maguire docked a frame for forgetting his chalk during a match, so sadly, while i will get to see some of it over the next two days, I wont be all over the final as normal.

Excellent reporting mate .... 

Murphy Vs Selby at 13.00 .... Should be a great final . One a attacking player with other tactical wizard . 

Edited by jocky king
  • Like 2

Duplicate post .. remove that post please . 

Edited by jocky king

9 hours ago, jocky king said:

Selby have to play quicker this time . 

i don't really understand the criticism to be honest. His AST was lower than binghams over the full match. 
i think some of it is just bias because you don't like him. 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

9 minutes ago, petehoax said:

i don't really understand the criticism to be honest. His AST was lower than binghams over the full match. 
i think some of it is just bias because you don't like him. 

Not really , maybe 50/50  , that what the commentators said about his three minute delay .. He is playing so good . Murphy was brilliant yesterday. On his form , he can beat anyone . Hard to keep the same form on the next day .   

2 hours ago, Somchai1 said:

Couldn't agree with you more, my thoughts entirely ....:Clap: