IGNORED

2021 World Snooker Championship

PR1977

On 26/04/2021 at 21:03, BigLicks said:

It's got to the point as much as I love snooker I cannot get myself to watch Selby(comma button fckd) I  take nothing from his ability but he's as entertaining as watching paint dry....  ,,,,,,,,sorted!

I understand what you are saying , when a player looks as if he is not going to miss it becomes a little " here we go again "  but the same was said of Steve Davis and Stephen Hendrey , who both played granite snooker to dominate for so long . 

I think the game has dumbed down to several degrees the last few years with pockets becoming very generous ( hence the fear factor when breaking off ) , and with positional play so good that when in , many players go on to win frames in one visit .  

The young Chinese players coming through all have exactly the same game which is also a worry , flair is not natural to them .    The Thai player  Thepchaya On Nooh  has more flair than all of them put together . 

Tactical battles between Terry Griffiths and Eddie Charlton from yesteryear was not great viewing either . 

Mark Selby is playing far better than anyone at the moment , but that could change .

Just my thoughts 

Mikeyboy

• Like 2

Hopefully Neil Robertson can find his A game and a bit of fluency this morning, thought he got dragged into a dogfight by Wilson at times yesterday which really doesn’t suit him.

Will be hard for Mark Williams to overturn that deficit v Selby, Selby has been more positive in this tournament but could probably go back to his defensive mode if required.

2 hours ago, PR1977 said:

Hopefully Neil Robertson can find his A game and a bit of fluency this morning, thought he got dragged into a dogfight by Wilson at times yesterday which really doesn’t suit him.

Will be hard for Mark Williams to overturn that deficit v Selby, Selby has been more positive in this tournament but could probably go back to his defensive mode if required.

Robertson had a horror morning ever , losing 5 frames on the trot to Wilson . Wilson looked very fresh , his best performance of the three session .  4 players using a Williams break off are out ( Williams possibly , Robertson, Allen and O Sullivan ) Shows that negative snooker break offs  will not work .. I hope the World professional snooker association put a stop to that . At 15 th frame vs Selby , Williams made a new break off , 4 cushions break off .. :) Agree with Mike , Selby looked too strong and ruthless on every department . Big tip for Big Licks , if you hate a great boring player  , back him bookie online , it will keep you interested. 

4 hours ago, mikeyboy said:

I understand what you are saying , when a player looks as if he is not going to miss it becomes a little " here we go again "  but the same was said of Steve Davis and Stephen Hendrey , who both played granite snooker to dominate for so long . 

I think the game has dumbed down to several degrees the last few years with pockets becoming very generous ( hence the fear factor when breaking off ) , and with positional play so good that when in , many players go on to win frames in one visit .  

The young Chinese players coming through all have exactly the same game which is also a worry , flair is not natural to them .    The Thai player  Thepchaya On Nooh  has more flair than all of them put together . 

Tactical battles between Terry Griffiths and Eddie Charlton from yesteryear was not great viewing either . 

Mark Selby is playing far better than anyone at the moment , but that could change .

Just my thoughts 

Mikeyboy

I hear what your saying and mostly agree with you, but I just can't look at him since he showed the sour grapes when he lost to Ronnie last year, his facial expressions or lack of them I should say just grates on me, I will agree though, he certainly looks the best at the moment....he's just beaten Williams 13-3

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BigLicks said:

I hear what your saying and mostly agree with you, but I just can't look at him since he showed the sour grapes when he lost to Ronnie last year, his facial expressions or lack of them I should say just grates on me, I will agree though, he certainly looks the best at the moment....he's just beaten Williams 13-3

I am exactly the same as you with Selby , he only smiled when he is winning a long  distance  . Last year semi final with O Sullivan was gold , At end of second session , he fist pumped on his way back to dressing room .. then calling O Sullivan disrespectful after the match was out of order on public TV .. There’s no law against any player to smashed the ball if snookered .. Sour grapes yeah . I had to back him to win the world championship last week when I saw his best against Kurt ... Now I begin to like him only for my money . Lol . I backed him to win 2017 world championship... Williams just said on tv , forget about Wilson or Trump or anybody to win this year , Selby he said ... 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, jocky king said:

I am exactly the same as you with Selby , he only smiled when he is winning a long  distance  . Last year semi final with O Sullivan was gold , At end of second session , he fist pumped on his way back to dressing room .. then calling O Sullivan disrespectful after the match was out of order on public TV .. There’s no law against any player to smashed the ball if snookered .. Sour grapes yeah . I had to back him to win the world championship last week when I saw his best against Kurt ... Now I begin to like him only for my money . Lol . I backed him to win 2017 world championship... Williams just said on tv , forget about Wilson or Trump or anybody to win this year , Selby he said ... 

When Mark Selby plays like this , nobody can get near him , i think that's what gets to Ronnie .

Most of the really top players have a little bit of "edge" to them , We can only guess at the mental turmoil they must go through when all they can do is sit there and watch .  

Mikeyboy

• Like 2

What do your fellas think of Jack Lisowski working for BBC commentary. I thought he was very good and refreshing . Haven’t seen much of Steve Davis & Denis Taylor now ... 

25 minutes ago, jocky king said:

What do your fellas think of Jack Lisowski working for BBC commentary. I thought he was very good and refreshing . Haven’t seen much of Steve Davis & Denis Taylor now ... 

Good to hear from younger players , although i still like the two Steve's  .   Alan McManus is always interesting .

To be really honest ,  i have been tired of the repetitive Taylor and Virgo for some time now .

Also miss Willie Thorne's analysis of break building , playing the correct shot and why .  

I only watch Eurosport - don’t bother with the BBC. Agree though that Alan McManus is about the best summariser around, also like Neal Foulds.

What a drama at Bingham/ McGill match ..  Bingham thought he had lost after McGill heroically came back from 10-12 to 12/12 ... but Bingham rattled a 125 break decider ... Unbelievable man . Both were superb. Bingham will definitely give Selby a tough match . Feeling sorry for McGill , he didn’t deserve going out .. 

Edited by jocky king
  • Like 2

Robinson out... My money would be on Trump but he is in trouble also. 10-6 down to Murphy .

sexy-naughty.png.764576a2887de17787b7331889800d21.png

Trump changed his strategy , less safety, more attacking ..  Works for him 3-1 at first interval ... 11-9 now to Murphy .. Expecting this go to the wire . 

Trump made an unbelievable miss in frame 21... Big opportunity for Murphy to get on matchpoint

Ok, delete that previous post, Murphy also missed an easy one

Unbelievable match tonight .. Shaun got a big scare , Trump coming storming back with many crazy pots to make 11-11 , then Murphy had to stand up and fight his way back in to win last two frames .. He was so relieved and happy . Credit to both players for a great entertainment. Exhausting day for me , watching the whole excitement today .  Three former world champions and a last year beaten finalist in the semi final .. We are in for a big treat for next 5 days .. 

• Like 2

Great start from Bingham, would love to see him and Murphy in the final from an entertainment point of view...

Really can’t take to Kyren Wilson, don’t know about you guys, his style of play and demeanour is just a bit too drab for me. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, PR1977 said:

Great start from Bingham, would love to see him and Murphy in the final from an entertainment point of view...

Really can’t take to Kyren Wilson, don’t know about you guys, his style of play and demeanour is just a bit too drab for me. 

My brother can’t stand Kyren , he said,  he has a sleazy eyes .  I don’t like his preparation for a shot ... Seems he had the same shoes for years ... 555 I hope Shaun will beat him . His wife and kids are living in Ireland . Maybe that’s why I go for him .  Selby Vs Bingham , Both are not happy with the table , Bingham asked the ref to change the cue ball after the interval. I noticed the cushion don’t bounce much and the baize is bit slow . Maybe ok tomorrow??  Both are happy with a 4-4 draw , I think , Bingham are more happier ... 

43 minutes ago, jocky king said:

My brother can’t stand Kyren , he said,  he has a sleazy eyes .  I don’t like his preparation for a shot ... Seems he had the same shoes for years ... 555 I hope Shaun will beat him . His wife and kids are living in Ireland . Maybe that’s why I go for him .  Selby Vs Bingham , Both are not happy with the table , Bingham asked the ref to change the cue ball after the interval. I noticed the cushion don’t bounce much and the baize is bit slow . Maybe ok tomorrow??  Both are happy with a 4-4 draw , I think , Bingham are more happier ... 

I'm warming up to kyren . Last year final and again going strong . It's not he has an easy time

I'm watching the snooker from Australia , and it's the first time Iv'e seen the BBC presenter Seema Jaswal, absolutely gorgeous. Reminds me of when I went to India 20 years ago , and I saw some of the most beautiful women that I'd ever seen in the world. 

Edited by Syco
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, Syco said:

I'm watching the snooker from Australia , and it's the first time Iv'e seen the BBC presenter Seema Jaswal, absolutely gorgeous. Reminds me of when I went to India 20 years ago , and I saw some of the most beautiful women that I'd ever seen in the world. 

Really , I never noticed . Maybe I’m too hooked on the snooker table .. lol .. Selby vs Bingham now 9-7 .. Both now happy with the table , Bingham was unlucky with the last red he need pot with few colours to level at 16 th frame . 

• Like 2

Murphy all over the shop at times with his long pot attempts...Wilson just mopping up. I applaud Murphy's attacking style but if he doesn't either improve or reign it in this could be over with a session to spare.

I love the way Murphy giving a fist punch to the air for the crowd after making amazing recovering to 6-10 ... 4 frames behind is better than 8 frames behind .. 

Bingham  Selby  19th frame  63 minutes of tension .   10 - 9 Stuart .

Couldn't see this coming , but Stuart Bingham sure is giving us some entertainment .    Still fancy Mark Selby to get through though .

Mikeyboy

• Like 2