IGNORED

Hotels With 18+ Age Policy

Coffee215pm

On 10/07/2019 at 05:20, RRosenberg said:

Just a heads up, I was recently told by a 19yo that she was denied access to VT6 by the night security. 

Just curious, how old are you OP? I noticed you mentioned that you are younger than most in LOS. I myself am also quite young so most of the girls I got attention from where around that age bracket. I did spend one night at the Hilton where I managed to take a 19yo back to the room (even though she warned me prior and I knew the hotel policy). However, I think I "got away" with it due to my age i.e. we were both young so they took an exception. I may be wrong and maybe I was just lucky, but if you are young yourself, you may be able to get around this rule by using your own age to your advantage, but again I may have just gotten lucky so keep that in mind.

I do not think its a hotel rule that the girls must be 20+, I think it is a law.  I was told by the guys at VT-6 that police checked their log on random nights.  I thought it was bullshit.  However I walked in very late one night while the police were reviewing the log.  At least, that is what I understood them to be doing.  I dont speak Thai that well and had no interest in drawing additional police attention by asking a bunch of questions. 

There are ways to sneak a girl in... of course.  However, there are risks there too.  If you wanted to rob a customer would it not make sense to get the customer to help you bypass security?  Of course the girl you chose is way too sweet and nice to do anything bad....  and you are way too smart to fall for a scam like that.  I know... I know.  :)

Edited by Jeffone

Took a 19 yr old back from Soi 6 a couple of months back LT. When we got to the hotel she told me she conveniently ‘forgot’ her ID which was enough of a hint for me.

Just took her to the pool bar for a beer then slipped straight into the hotel elevator after. Not sure if it was the right strategy but the staff didn’t care if they noticed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i got confirmation via email. @blackhat is correct: Page 10 does indeed have a 20+ joiner policy. 
"
We would like to inform you that the joiner age have to over 20 years old."

• Like 1

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

3 minutes ago, petehoax said:

i got confirmation via email. @blackhat is correct: Page 10 does indeed have a 20+ joiner policy. 
"
We would like to inform you that the joiner age have to over 20 years old."

Similar to me, I had brought a 19yo back to my hotel and she was rejected at reception. Only time it has ever happened though.

I just tried phoning many of the mid-range Beach/Second Road hotels on the list...

Sandy Spring hotel & AYA Boutique hotel both confirmed they allow 18 year olds.

Which do you think is better?  I'm sad that I need to pick a new hotel (again!)...

Did these hotels give an explanation for this policy?

Fear of "scandal"? Maybe "well-meaning" tourists report underage girls to the police when the girls are actually 18? And hotels don't want that kind of trouble with the police?

A mysterious Thai law which would contradict the law which authorizes the relations with girls of 18 years?

The law that prohibits people under the age of 20 from drinking alcohol in public places?

I still do not understand why we would not have the right to take an 18 or 19 year old girl to the hotel since it is legal to sleep with an 18 year old girl in Thailand.

If it's legal ... it should be allowed, right?

my understanding (and too lazy to look it up to be sure it's correct): in thailand, you're still a minor under 20. you're allowed to work, but you're not allowed in clubs for example. 
nearly all hotels follow the policy that minors are not allowed in the hotel as a guest unless they're with their parents. 
yes, sex with 18+ is legal. but she's also not allowed to join you in ibar, even though she can work in a gogo. 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

My understanding is that the "rule" for all hotels is 20 to go to your room, and I think there was a recent push to enforce it.

I had 19 year olds come with me a number of times while staying at the Hilton, but was bounced last year at the security desk (much to my chagrin....and I regretfully did not react well).  one of the reasons I (unfortunately) lost my shit was that they gave no notice of this change in policy, and when I asked why I wasn't informed of it, I was told that they did not have to tell me their policy.  Eh....TiT!  5555

I am back there again in 3 weeks, and will make sure there are no issues before going to the desk.  If she happens to be 19, I will hope that it is before 11 pm, and I can/will enter via the mall elevators!  If not, I will head to the ST hotel that confirmed for me on that trip last year that 19 is okay to use their rooms.  5555

My suggestion is to be prepared to get bounced at reception if the girl is 18 or 19.  You may NOT have any issues, but better to be aware that it may happen & have "a plan" than to be hit with it and have no idea what to do (as I was).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, petehoax said:

yes, sex with 18+ is legal. but she's also not allowed to join you in ibar, even though she can work in a gogo. 

Thank you for your explanation that
Thais are still minors if they are under 20 years old.

For the gogos: I have been told several times by managers and by girls that it is illegal for a girl under 20 to work in a gogo because it is a place where alcohol is sold. Is this law still applied ... :)

Edited by Denis903

1 hour ago, Denis903 said:

Did these hotels give an explanation for this policy?

Fear of "scandal"? Maybe "well-meaning" tourists report underage girls to the police when the girls are actually 18? And hotels don't want that kind of trouble with the police?

A mysterious Thai law which would contradict the law which authorizes the relations with girls of 18 years?

The law that prohibits people under the age of 20 from drinking alcohol in public places?

I still do not understand why we would not have the right to take an 18 or 19 year old girl to the hotel since it is legal to sleep with an 18 year old girl in Thailand.

If it's legal ... it should be allowed, right?

I've given my understanding of the law that is not mysterious at all and stand to be corrected if I'm wrong.

On 11/11/2019 at 15:15, barmatt said:

I stay at LK Metropole on my monthly stays and have been doing so for 10yrs, I'm currently here now. If I know a girl is 18 or 19 coming to visit me I will meet her out front and walk her in bypassing reception. I've never had an issue or been pulled up by security or reception by doing this.

If you stay here why not bring her in through the basement car park up the elevator?

I also do this if I am having a threesome so not to be slugged with the 500 baht joiners fee for the second girl.

If you stay here why not bring her in through the basement car park up the elevator?
I also do this if I am having a threesome so not to be slugged with the 500 baht joiners fee for the second girl.

Yeah good idea, I do this at LK Royal Wing too [emoji106]

24 minutes ago, Memurtle said:

Yeah good idea, I do this at LK Royal Wing too emoji106.png

At LK Metropole I bring the girls in through from Soi LK Metro down the small alleyway to the hotel. Hang a left to the car park entrance where the laundry is. Down the ramp and up the elevators.

The girls leave the same way.

At LK Metropole I bring the girls in through from Soi LK Metro down the small alleyway to the hotel. Hang a left to the car park entrance where the laundry is. Down the ramp and up the elevators.

The girls leave the same way.

Ya you already said that! [emoji4]

5 minutes ago, Memurtle said:

Ya you already said that! emoji4.png

I was just clarifying the way to do it for others. If you try to go down to the car park in the front of the hotel next to the main entrance the guards will not let you in. 

6 hours ago, thumper64 said:

Yep, have done that as well.

Booked D hotel for March thought I'd better check about their age policy. This is their reply

Dear Customer 

Yes, women must be 18 years of age or older sir.

Bast Regard 

D hotel 

There's a whole thread on the Age of Consent here.

There was a push a few years ago to enforce/strengthen the law, and another big push recently... but, some bars, with friends in higher places, still allow 18-19 girls.  I'm guessing it's the same for the hotels.

Fortunately, the girls will know nearby ST hotels that will let them in.

Interesting that this applies in Pattaya, but BKK is a different world.

4 hours ago, tobeornottobe said:

can someone answer this question?

just send them an email and ask them. it's the only reliable information anyway. 

Stayed at Hilton in Nov end, while checking in receptionist told me only ‘guests’ 20+ will be allowed upstairs. I asked the reasoning and was told since many ladies pad their age by 1-2 years, most reputable hotels set this limit to 20+ for customers’ and hotel’s safety.

You can use mall entry (without checking your guest in) till 11pm but I’ve always felt depositing ID at reception reduces chances of stealing or worse.

*Update*

Both Sandy Spring & Aya Boutique now say joiners need to be 20+.

I phoned Sandy Spring to triple-check just before making a reservation (since they hadn't responded to email).

Aya Boutique confirmed by email ("For Joiner 20 Years old" ... and, as expected, that they only allow 2-per-room without an extra 1000 baht charge).

I think I might need to give up on this...

On 20/01/2020 at 03:49, mirage said:

Stayed at Hilton in Nov end, while checking in receptionist told me only ‘guests’ 20+ will be allowed upstairs. I asked the reasoning and was told since many ladies pad their age by 1-2 years, most reputable hotels set this limit to 20+ for customers’ and hotel’s safety.

You can use mall entry (without checking your guest in) till 11pm but I’ve always felt depositing ID at reception reduces chances of stealing or worse.

So the girls are using fake ID's?

1 hour ago, barmatt said:

So the girls are using fake ID's?

Yup... Many do use fake IDs.  I sometimes need to wait while a lady retrieves her ID from a friend...

Anyway, I think it's more of a high-level governmental push that can change, depending on how they think Thailand's image is being viewed.

The law is vague, and the interpretation can change, depending on who's in power and which friends the bar/hotel owner has.

FWIW, other examples of this are:
-bar closing times (different in Pattaya, Soi Cowboy & Nana)
-Patpong's ability to stay open on no-alcohol days
-immigration law (like the recent TM30, TM28 pains)
-walking street sign laws (read this...)
https://www.pattayamail.com/news/walking-street-signs-disappear-182964
...etc

• Like 2