Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Indian search ongoing

Like many of us I do enjoy a good old Ruby Murray, my current fave in town is the Tarka House at the top end of 13/4, this was a delicious Chicken Bhuna, I don't eat rice with a curry as I enjoy an Aloo Paratha more. Great grub and reasonably priced. A lot of things aren't on the menu but if you ask they will do them for you at your preferred strength. 

IMG_7985.jpeg

IMG_7984.jpeg

Edited by Petesie

You're here now where you should have been all along.  :wink:

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

As an afterthought to my review of Rasol Indian Restaurant; there were 6 of them behind the counter, all yakking & doing different chores (or not) so it's easy to see where confusion lay, service was served with a grimace & the cheap well worn tin cutlery was a disgrace. 2 or 3 competent employees would have done the work of 10 gangly lads who are probably on a company employee visa with their mindset on other things.

The concept is reasonable & I believe they also have an outlet in Pratumak. Their one saving grace was the sauce; it was wonderful, rich & full of flavour, ruined by poor quality undercooked meat. The quest continues...

image.png

On 21/04/2019 at 09:11, chris2004 said:

There seems to be an explosion of Indian restaurants around town. Coming into Walking Street last night (just after the bend from Jomtien) i counted 5 Indian restaurants in about 50 yards. No wonder ther have no customers. Their prices put me off as well. Why should an Indian curry meal be double the price of a Thai spicy meal. And rice 100 + baht.

Exactly. I used to cook Indian. I think the cost price of butter chicken was about 50 thb. And these places are charging 250 - 300 thb. Stupid

Mark (Always Bar4)

46 minutes ago, Bar4 said:

Exactly. I used to cook Indian. I think the cost price of butter chicken was about 50 thb. And these places are charging 250 - 300 thb. Stupid

Rents are high especially around that particular area.

They are also targeting the western tourist who is used to paying 10 quid for a curry in their country. The up market ones like Indian by Nature & Masala Twist  I can understand but your average single unit outlet has no excuse; their simply cashing in on the customer with a few beers on him.

The ones that do well have gathered a reputational customer base based on quality, consistency & service...long they may that continue. 😉

For the more thrifty amongst us Fon's on Soi 5/1 Thepprasit serves take away curries for 80b & 20b for Pillau rice. It's halfway down coming from Sukhumvit. Best to park just before it & walk down the wee Soi, she has a wee yappy dug that may lick ye to death. 😉

image.png

image.png

1 hour ago, Petesie said:

Rents are high especially around that particular area.

They are also targeting the western tourist who is used to paying 10 quid for a curry in their country. The up market ones like Indian by Nature & Masala Twist  I can understand but your average single unit outlet has no excuse; their simply cashing in on the customer with a few beers on him.

The ones that do well have gathered a reputational customer base based on quality, consistency & service...long they may that continue. 😉

Thx for the reviews here as it seems like “Tarka the Otter house” Pattaya & Masala Twist Jomtiengrad seem the fave Indian restaurants to try when back there. Indian by Nature looks flashy but read mixed reviews about it as sposed be more upmarket….guess for a date night?? 

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

I note Masala Twist had a mixed review on this thread but one of our regulars was telling me his friend ate there & was delighted so I shall investigate in due course...🤔

• Like 1

Following last evenings fiasco we tried Zaika opposite Royal Garden Plaza on 2nd Road, nice place & the food was reasonable & freshly cooked; she had Chicken Tikka & I opted for Chicken Tikka Tawa Masala, great rich sauce though hardly any chicken! Worth a visit! 

IMG_8002.jpeg

IMG_7997.jpeg

IMG_7999.jpeg

IMG_7998.jpeg

IMG_8001.jpeg

On 11/02/2024 at 16:43, Petesie said:

I note Masala Twist had a mixed review on this thread but one of our regulars was telling me his friend ate there & was delighted so I shall investigate in due course...🤔

My only complaint about MT is the chicken, on more than one occasion, has been tough.

Excellent meal was enjoyed yesterday afternoon at the Fisherman by Lake Mabprachan...very good quality & reasonably priced, no service charge!

Chicken Sheesh Kebab, Chicken Tikka, Chicken Tikka Masala, Aloo Paratha, Butter Naan & 2 rice dishes, 2 beers & a water, 1200b. 😉

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I've been to Tarka once, Indian by Nature a few times as well as Fisherman....Masala Twist which isn't far from my place in Jomtien is my favorite. I eat there once or twice a month, as do a couple friends.

Never had tough chicken in my dishes! :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well...my gast has just been well & truly flabbered...🤔

I'd avoided the Indian place Chutney in Terminal 21as my Jockinese bones reckoned it was affy dear, granted the 17% ++ didn't help but...I'll gie it a go. 

This has to be about the best Indian meal I've ever had in Patts. I had the Chicken Tikka Masala & Doris had the Chicken Biriyani...both delicious & the perfect combo as I could steal some of her rice & she some of my sauce...decor was impressive & service good, food came quite soon after ordering. I must've garnered some Indian instinct as while shopping later I haggled over a fixed price pair of Adidas Trainers for some discount...👹

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Everest Soi 10...

Doris was sorting out the bar wi-fi so in the interim a peckish & solo Petesie escaped a few Soi's away for an Indian feed. 

I'd heard good things about Everest though had not yet ventured there; it's to be found up Soi 10 on 2nd Road just past Hemingways. They had the daily specials on the board but I opted for the main menu.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Starter was a Chicken Chaat which was nice but nothing like a Chaat & really was just sliced Tandoori pieces...

image.jpeg

Main course was Chicken Malai Tikka which was surprised me as it was sauceless...probably right but a portion of Masala 'gravy' was in order, served with Aloo Onion Paratha...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The 'Bin' was spot on with no service charge nor tax...

image.jpeg

The service was good & it was a friendly atmosphere...would I rush back...probably not, too many others to try first! Top 2 are still Tarka & Chutney😎

Edited by Petesie

• 1 month later...

Where I'm from Indian food isn't much of a thing, but I did an 18 month assignment in KSA and the company provided housing for us included an Indian houseboy who maintained the place while we were at work.  He would sometimes bring us Indian food from places in the local souk.

I quite liked it, I just don't know the names of anything, so I'm enjoying this thread.

Reading this thread from the start is interesting. In the UK, "Indian" food is not Indian. It's mostly Bengali with some gravy slopped onto it. The majority of meals are made from 2 big  pots of gravy sauce, one coconut based and the other onion and tomato, with other bits and pieces added to it to make each dish a little different. The places in Pattaya are typically Indian food which is not the same. For a western palate, Fishermans on the dark side is good. Rang Mahal in Bangkok (soi 20 Sukhumvit) is very very good, and if you go to the small shop Spice R Us by the Rembrandt Suites you can buy their meals frozen for home cooking. Very good. Seem to recall a place on Soi Post Office in pats as well being not too bad. 

Chutney is also a favorite of my family , We  usually go to Alibaba  but this time in  March we were very happy with  Chutney at Terminal 21 . Tasty and Delicious Indian meals . little bit on the expensive side  but worth it .