IGNORED

Indian search ongoing

A few nights ago, went to New India in Jomtien, its just up from Tinnies the pie place. Looks like its recently changed hands, as all new staff and what looked like new owner, and name changed from Real India. I have used this place regularly over the years, never disappointed but this was first time under new name. Nothing changed décor wise. 

Food was good, apart from buttered Nan, way too hard/tough. 

However, total tourist rip off joint now. Just check out the prices for a similar meal in last post at Fisherman's. These prices are on par with India by Nature. Wont return and wont recommend. 

Ind ia  humbnail_IMG_0031.jpg

india thumbnail_IMG_0072.jpg

A few weeks ago, went to India By Nature, next to Airport bus station in Jomtien. Lovely place, good service and a notch above other Indian places in town. 

All food was very good, drinks expensive at 165B a SML, as you note from bill they add 10% tax.

I would recommend this place, nice ambiance. 

I did note that they offer a 20% discount at lunch time, think it is from 12 till 3pm.

ibn thumbnail_IMG_9918.jpg

On 19/02/2019 at 02:24, PR1977 said:

Everest at the back entrance to Retox Game On is my go Indian place in Patts...it's small and understated but food is very good.

I went to Everest.....They put a good effort into serving a good meal but my meal chicken I forget the name was just ok....But the deal killer here was the greasy Nan bread.....The greasy Nan bread pushed a almost ok meal into the DO NOT REPEAT zone.....

I guess I will be sticking with the Tikki Center on Soi Bukow like I have for years....If it is not broke why change....

On 22/01/2020 at 18:25, jimboh said:

A few nights ago, went to New India in Jomtien, its just up from Tinnies the pie place. Looks like its recently changed hands, as all new staff and what looked like new owner, and name changed from Real India. I have used this place regularly over the years, never disappointed but this was first time under new name. Nothing changed décor wise. 

Food was good, apart from buttered Nan, way too hard/tough. 

However, total tourist rip off joint now. Just check out the prices for a similar meal in last post at Fisherman's. These prices are on par with India by Nature. Wont return and wont recommend. 

Ind ia  humbnail_IMG_0031.jpg

india thumbnail_IMG_0072.jpg

I would have walked out before ordering...

• Like 2

19 hours ago, fforest said:

I went to Everest.....They put a good effort into serving a good meal but my meal chicken I forget the name was just ok....But the deal killer here was the greasy Nan bread.....The greasy Nan bread pushed a almost ok meal into the DO NOT REPEAT zone.....

I guess I will be sticking with the Tikki Center on Soi Bukow like I have for years....If it is not broke why change....

Went to Everest a few weeks ago, not impressed.

• Like 1

I'm not the sure the name, but last trip I went to an Indian restaurant located in that little arcade next to Kiss Seafood on second road (across from Mike's mall). It's on the same side as Patrick's and might even be located next to it.

Maybe it's Little India, but when I look at pictures of it on the internet, the exterior doesn't seem like the same one. Is there another Indian restaurant there?

Anyways, it was the best Indian food I've had in Pattaya. They told me they could adjust the spice level and I asked for no spicy but it was still spicy. Other than that I had naan and a few daal dishes I think. Taste was good and very filling. A bit pricey maybe around 400-500 baht but very good meal.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

That's good to know and I will check it out soon and report back. There are 2 Indian restaurants in that arcade.

Little India is located at the very end of the arcade, same side as Patrick's, opposite Papagayo's. And it was OK last time I was in, and that was 2 years ago.

There is another one, which I am sure was the one you went, it is located I think between Longhorn and Patrick's.

I passed through this arcade Saturday night, around 8 and there was hardly a free table at any restaurant. 

On 27/01/2020 at 09:41, QuotaMan said:

I'm not the sure the name, but last trip I went to an Indian restaurant located in that little arcade next to Kiss Seafood on second road (across from Mike's mall). It's on the same side as Patrick's and might even be located next to it.

Maybe it's Little India, but when I look at pictures of it on the internet, the exterior doesn't seem like the same one. Is there another Indian restaurant there?

Anyways, it was the best Indian food I've had in Pattaya. They told me they could adjust the spice level and I asked for no spicy but it was still spicy. Other than that I had naan and a few daal dishes I think. Taste was good and very filling. A bit pricey maybe around 400-500 baht but very good meal.

This is a HUGE problem with just about all Indian food in Pattaya....( Its to EXPENSIVE) for what you get.....This is a big reason farangs mostly dont eat Indian food in Pattaya....Or any one else for that matter except Indians...

I have no vested interest for beating the drum for the  Tikki Center on Soi Bukow  but like I said above I am done with trying new Indian restaurants ( so far with no success) and the Tikki Center restaurant has been there so long because they do at least try to keep prices down and the quality up....

1 hour ago, fforest said:

I have no vested interest for beating the drum for the  Tikki Center on Soi Bukow  but like I said above I am done with trying new Indian restaurants ( so far with no success) and the Tikki Center restaurant has been there so long because they do at least try to keep prices down and the quality up....

I don't know if it's been posted before but here is the Google Map link to it with some marginal photos of the outside location but some good photos of the food. It needs someone to take some photos of the menu and upload them to Google Maps. :-) https://goo.gl/maps/jRyxfwisSiysyE1F9

Oh, and you kept throwing me on Bukow. 555 Soi Buakhao, Bua - Lotus, Khao - White, so Soi White Lotus though no one is going to know what you're talking about if you call it that. :-)

By the way, thank you. I know next to nothing about Indian food but I'd like to try it a bit more often. The easy vegetarian part really appeals to me. I expect to be in town again in late March so I'll be sure to put it on my food tour list. :-)

Edited by Garzan

12 hours ago, Garzan said:

I don't know if it's been posted before but here is the Google Map link to it with some marginal photos of the outside location but some good photos of the food. It needs someone to take some photos of the menu and upload them to Google Maps. :-) https://goo.gl/maps/jRyxfwisSiysyE1F9

Oh, and you kept throwing me on Bukow. 555 Soi Buakhao, Bua - Lotus, Khao - White, so Soi White Lotus though no one is going to know what you're talking about if you call it that. :-)

By the way, thank you. I know next to nothing about Indian food but I'd like to try it a bit more often. The easy vegetarian part really appeals to me. I expect to be in town again in late March so I'll be sure to put it on my food tour list. :-)

It sounds like your vegetarian...But in case your not try the mutton curry with Nan bread....Its so good that its all I ever order..

Mutton curry 200 baht  Nan bread 30 baht  water 30 baht plus tip .....Trust me for Pattaya this is a modest price compared to most $$$ Indian restaurants here...

Indian by nature is the best curry house similar to UK in terms of taste and portion size.

Everest is pretty good and the family is Nepalese hence the name. Very good onion banji. Problem is the set 199 baht meals dont fill me but nice people.

I will try little india as it is owned by Bangladeshis. They own the majority of UK curry houses.

I am amazed and a little shocked at the prices of some of the meals shown on the receipts to be honest. Also, 150 baht for a San Miguel Light is very much over the top. Strictly Thai curries for me, number one because I enjoy them, and secondly they appear to about 60% of the price. 

• Like 4

Actually, that SML works out at 165B a bottle, when you add on the 10% service charge, GoGo prices, hell of a rip off.

The issue with Indian food being overpriced is valid. A Thai chicken curry will always be more than half the price of an Indian curry, more or less same (cheap) ingredients-Chicken, veg some herbs and curry powder.

Right now, my 2 favorite Indian restaurants are Fisherman's by the lake and Masala Twist in Jomtien. I will return to India By Nature but will be on coke zero.

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

Have had a few visits to Masala Twist recently, in Jomtien Second Rd. 

Possibly the best of the Indians I have visited in the past few years. And now busy too.

Here is the bill from last night, 4 of were impressed with food, price and service. I suspect they will expand to cover the outdoor area soon.

The Trianga and Lamb were very good, vindaloo lacked a bit of body, a tad watery. Bread good, rice OK.

139017848_mtthumbnail_IMG_0294.jpg.0f00d920e71e839a0b521a08204132dd.jpg

On 29/01/2020 at 20:03, fforest said:

This is a HUGE problem with just about all Indian food in Pattaya....( Its to EXPENSIVE) for what you get.....This is a big reason farangs mostly dont eat Indian food in Pattaya....Or any one else for that matter except Indians...

Consistency is a good reason to keep supporting it. I will give it a try for sure.

image.png

45 minutes ago, MrJ200 said:

I visited Ali Baba last month and it was pretty good. 

Dined there on my last trip. Waiter's outfits were amusing and food tasted good but they gave me food poisoning. Not a pleasant experience.

• Like 1

On 29/01/2020 at 13:03, fforest said:

Ive been going there for 10 years and the quality of the food has stayed consistent every year! .. mostly the same staff also, apart from the fat waiter who went home to get married.  Table mats have not changed in 10 years haha, but the food is still great and good value.   My favourite is chicken madras w/plain boiled rice + paratha bread!

O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

The Tikka Centre is ok but could do with a spring clean. 

Chicken Tikka seems to be fresh and the fried dal is good. Nan/Roti is a bit to thin and crisp.

Try the onion banjis if your hungry. The size of 4 cricket balls from memory.

Indian is not cheap in Pattaya but travelling out to Jomtein is not on the menu.

On 20/02/2020 at 21:23, jaykao said:

Dined there on my last trip. Waiter's outfits were amusing and food tasted good but they gave me food poisoning. Not a pleasant experience.

Have had similar experience there years ago

There is a food cart beside Tree town, opposite Endless. Run by Mr Bau and his Chicken Tikka is outstanding, its spicy and cost 50B for 3 large chunks. 

• 1 month later...
On 23/02/2020 at 08:02, jimboh said:

There is a food cart beside Tree town, opposite Endless. Run by Mr Bau and his Chicken Tikka is outstanding, its spicy and cost 50B for 3 large chunks. 

Also does another type of chicken and is own made sausages from memory.

Kungs hot dogs are not to far away as well.  Home made sausages and nice lady. Hope to see them all soon.

15 hours ago, Withnail said:

Also does another type of chicken and is own made sausages from memory.

Kungs hot dogs are not to far away as well.  Home made sausages and nice lady. Hope to see them all soon.

Mr Bau does several different types of chicken and also pork, but having tasted all, its his chicken tikka that I consider outstanding.

He is not setting up till end of restrictions, hopefully at the end of the month but he does come most days on his motorbike with food that people have ordered by phone.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Yesterday, went to Retox Game on, had their daily special, chicken tikka masala, outstanding meal and great value at 199B.

As good a curry as I have had at any Indian restaurant around Pattaya.

Highly recommended.

Retox curry thumbnail_IMG_1421.jpg

• Like 4

^^^  nice to see chips and rice, instead of just one-or-the-other, it's these little things that bring customers back IMO. :)