Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Premier League 2018/19

davidge

4 minutes ago, davidge said:

Well, over two-thirds of the way through the season so time to check my predictions.

Champions? Yep, still Man City.

Second? Liverpool, so I’ll claim that one.

Man Utd & Spurs to complete the top 4, so close enough :)

At the bottom, very disappointing that Cardiff are doing better than expected. Huddersfield & Fulham to go down so guess I can claim that as well. One from 6 to join them. I called Cardiff, Brighton & Newcastle but Bournemouth & Watford better than I expected. Southampton, Burnley and Palace in the mix as well. I’ve still got to hope that Cardiff are the ones to go down.

I wouldn’t speak to soon as i still believe a few more twists and turns to come.    :GrinNod1:

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sarri cooking breakfast in preparation for a difficult day at Chelsea:

E7143DA5-CB6C-422A-B969-464578F121E7.jpeg

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

• 2 weeks later...

Chelsea have been banned from signing players in the next two transfer windows for breaching rules in relation to youth players, Fifa has announced.

The ban, until the end of January 2020, does not prevent the release of players and will not apply to their women's and futsal teams.

The Premier League club have been given three days to appeal.

They have also been fined £460,000, while the Football Association (FA) has been fined £390,000.

It comes following a Fifa investigation into Chelsea's signing of foreign under-18 players, including former striker Bertrand Traore.

The world governing body says it found breaches of its rules in 29 cases.

The FA has been told it must address its rules regarding the international transfer and registration of minors.

How did this come about?

Based on documents from Football Leaks, French website Mediapart claimed in November that 19 Chelsea signings had been looked atin a three year-long investigation.

Mediapart alleged that 14 of those signings were under the age of 18.

It was first reported in September 2017 that Chelsea were being investigated. 

Burkino Faso international Traore - who now plays for Ligue 1 club Lyon - signed his first professional contract at Chelsea in 2013 at the age of 18 but was not registered until January 2014.

Mediapart claimed Fifa found evidence that Chelsea had misled them over the dates, while Traore was found to have made 25 appearances for the Blues (under-16, under-18 and first team) despite not being registered by the FA.

Chelsea admitted they paid his mother £155,000, as well as a further £13,000 to the club she chaired - AJE Bobo-Dioulasso - in April 2011 to allow them first refusal over his signature.

That deal, it is alleged, was for four and a half years, despite the limit for under-18s being three years.

In addition, it is also claimed Chelsea paid for Traore to attend the £20,000-a-year Whitgift School in Surrey.

In a statement in November, Chelsea said it had "fully co-operated with Fifa". The club also said it had "provided comprehensive evidence demonstrating its compliance with the applicable Fifa regulations".

Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid both received bans for breaching rules over the signing of minors in early 2016, while fellow Spanish club Barcelona were given a 14-month ban after breaking rules for signing international under-18s in 2014.

What are Fifa's rules?

Fifa bans the transfer of under-18s to different countries unless they meet strict criteria. It brought in the rules to help protect children from exploitation and trafficking.

Under-18s can only be transferred abroad if:

• The player's parents move to the country in which the new club is located for non-footballing reasons.
  • Both clubs are in the European Union or European Economic Area and the player is aged between 16 and 18. Even then, the buying club must meet more criteria relating to education, training, living conditions and support.
  • They live within 100km of the club.

(BBC)

I’m guessing they’ll appeal so likely to be delay before any punishment is implemented.

Leicester have sacked Puel this morning.

I wonder who they’ll go for next?

Fulham have sacked Ranieri.

They go through even more managers than Leicester!

Premier League Predictions: Week 29 | Everton vs Liverpool | Tottenham vs Arsenal

Safe Standing Explained

• 4 weeks later...

I can still name every one of these:

4EC01C94-6106-416E-B7F0-507B180D6E80.jpeg

How about you @Captain Dave?

5 hours ago, davidge said:

Ok

David Harvey (goalie ) Terry Yorath , Gordon McQueen , Mick Bates  , Allan Clarke , Billy Bremner , Paul Reaney , Norman Hunter ( if he plays nowadays , he get more red card 555 ) , Duncan McKenzie ( surprised that he wasn’t in the list of Leeds players in Wikipedia) , Peter Lormier ( scored a great disallowed goal to BMunich in final ) David Stewart  (goalie , not a mention in list of Leeds players on Wikipedia  )  Eddie & Frank Gray ( Both on the back on photo ) Paul Madeley , only one I’m not sure if it’s Trevor Cherry ( standing between McQueen & Hunter ) , Bryon Stevenson .  

19 hours ago, jocky king said:

David Harvey (goalie ) Terry Yorath , Gordon McQueen , Mick Bates  , Allan Clarke , Billy Bremner , Paul Reaney , Norman Hunter ( if he plays nowadays , he get more red card 555 ) , Duncan McKenzie ( surprised that he wasn’t in the list of Leeds players in Wikipedia) , Peter Lormier ( scored a great disallowed goal to BMunich in final ) David Stewart  (goalie , not a mention in list of Leeds players on Wikipedia  )  Eddie & Frank Gray ( Both on the back on photo ) Paul Madeley , only one I’m not sure if it’s Trevor Cherry ( standing between McQueen & Hunter ) , Bryon Stevenson .  

Davidge ..... Did I get them all right ? :rolleyes:

55 minutes ago, jocky king said:

Well, you have 16 names but there are only 15 players in the photo :Dunno:

First confirmed outcome of the season as Huddersfield are relegated with 6 games to go - equalling the Premier League record set by Derby. 

Commiserations to all Huddersfield fans.

Fulham certain to join them and I’m still hopeful that Cardiff will be the third team relegated - though there are a few still in the mix.

Honestly not sure how Huddersfield will do in the Championship next season. Utterly unconvinced about the new manager, though not really fair to judge him at the moment.

It could depend on how many players look to move on - though don’t imagine too many of the current squad will attract much interest from other PL clubs.

1 hour ago, davidge said:

First confirmed outcome of the season as Huddersfield are relegated with 6 games to go - equalling the premier league record set by Derby. 

Commiserations to all Huddersfield fans.

Fulham certain to join them and I’m still hopeful that Cardiff will be the third team relegated - though there are a few still in the mix.

Honestly not sure how Huddersfield will do in the Championship next season. Utterly unconvinced about the new manager, though not really fair to judge him at the moment.

It could depend on how many players look to move on - though don’t imagine too many of the current squad will attract much interest from other PL clubs.

Yeah the last few weeks have been grim, been like on death row waiting for the inevitable, the last rites were administered today although most teams have been hammering a nail into our coffin on a weekly basis.

Next season will go one of three ways.

1. Struggle to adapt to championship life and flirt with relegation (or worse)

2. Get back on an even keel and halt any potential slide and potter about mid-table (a bit like Swansea this season but without the boardroom problems)

3. Keep a few of our bettter players and add to the squad and maybe flirt with the play-offs (or better still actually get in them)

To be honest our squad apart from maybe 2-3  players are largely championship quality, there will be some comings and goings in the close season thats for sure.As for the new manager the jury is still out, we`ll see how he does on a more level playing field next season.

Still got a visit to spurs new ground to look forward to in a couple of weeks, and a visit to Anfield on the horizon, would be great if we could put a spanner in the works of either of these two but its unlikely.

Up the terriers.

On 29/03/2019 at 20:24, jocky king said:

David Harvey (goalie )
Terry Yorath
Gordon McQueen ,
, Billy Bremner ,
Paul Reaney ,
Norman Hunter ,
Duncan McKenzie ,
Peter Lormier 
David Stewart  
Eddie & Frank Gray
Paul Madeley
Trevor Cherry
Bryon Stevenson
Allan Clarke
Mick Bates  ( Possibly him as one too many  , he looked like Peter Lormier ) 
AM I right ??? 

@jocky kingI thought it was Bates not Stevenson in the photo. Happy to be corrected though.

4 minutes ago, davidge said:

@jocky kingI thought it was Bates not Stevenson in the photo. Happy to be corrected though.

You could be right ... I’m not half sure about Bates/Stevenson/Lormier  . Hopefully a Leeds  United fan will help us here sometime . 

Sorry to see Huddersfield going down

Back in the 1920's they became the first team to win the league in 3 consecutive seasons 1923/24, 1924/25 & 1925/26 and then the following 2 season's they were runners up

5 hours ago, blue1878 said:

Sorry to see Huddersfield going down

Back in the 1920's they became the first team to win the league in 3 consecutive seasons 1923/24, 1924/25 & 1925/26 and then the following 2 season's they were runners up

In fact in 1927/28 they nearly became the 3rd team to won the League and FA Cup double.  They were runners up to my team Everton in the league and runners up to Blackburn rovers in the FA Cup

On 28/03/2019 at 19:13, davidge said:

4EC01C94-6106-416E-B7F0-507B180D6E80.jpeg

Sadly Leeds United could be back in the top flight next season

As expected, Fulham become the second side to be relegated. Difficult to see them adjusting quickly as things are so unsettled there. Owner seems rather erratic. 12 new players this season, 3 managers, no obvious shape to the team. Pretty clear a lot of the players will be looking to leave and I’ll be surprised if Parker is still manager at the start of next season.

Archived