Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Premier League 2018/19

davidge

The new season is underway.

Predictions?

For me, Man City champions. Man Utd & Liverpool battling it out for second.

Chelsea, Spurs & Arsenal competing for 4th.

Everyone else starts out just hoping to stay up.

I really, really, really hope that Cardiff will finish bottom - and I expect them to do so.

Huddersfield, Brighton, Watford, Fulham, Bournemouth, Newcastle favourites to be in the relegation fight with them.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 points to start with, can't complain with a semi-fit squad.

Pains me to say:

1. Liverpool

2. Man City

3. Man Utd

4. Chelsea

Relegated: Cardiff, Huddersfield, Brighton

................................................................................................................

1. Man City

2. Man Utd

3. Tottenham

4. Liverpool

Relegated: Cardiff, Huddersfield, Newcastle

On 8/10/2018 at 20:56, davidge said:

Predictions?

I really, really, really hope that Cardiff will finish bottom - and I expect them to do so.

Huddersfield, Brighton, Watford, Fulham, Bournemouth, Newcastle favourites to be in the relegation fight with them.

On 8/10/2018 at 22:22, Mick Pattaya said:

3 points to start with, can't complain with a semi-fit squad.

Pains me to say:

1. Liverpool

2. Man City

3. Man Utd

4. Chelsea

Relegated: Cardiff, Huddersfield, Brighton

On 8/10/2018 at 22:37, Dazza118 said:

1. Man City

2. Man Utd

3. Tottenham

4. Liverpool

Relegated: Cardiff, Huddersfield, Newcastle

:sad:.Seriously i realise we`re gonna be hot favourites for the drop, its understandable.All i can hold onto is the fact we confounded the `experts`last season and we`ll hopefully do it again, yesterdays loss v chelsea was expected, games like this are a free hit, get something and its a bonus same against man city next week, its games against cardiff the week after and others which will define our season!

1 hour ago, vimto66 said:

:sad:.Seriously i realise we`re gonna be hot favourites for the drop, its understandable.All i can hold onto is the fact we confounded the `experts`last season and we`ll hopefully do it again, yesterdays loss v chelsea was expected, games like this are a free hit, get something and its a bonus same against man city next week, its games against cardiff the week after and others which will define our season!

Your main problem is the same as last year - not enough goals in the team.

You survived last season because of that really good run early on, plus being organised and working hard for the rest of the season. 

Just don’t see you winning enough games this time around. I hope I’m wrong as there’s other teams I’d prefer to go down.

20 minutes ago, davidge said:

Your main problem is the same as last year - not enough goals in the team.

You survived last season because of that really good run early on, plus being organised and working hard for the rest of the season. 

Just don’t see you winning enough games this time around. I hope I’m wrong as there’s other teams I’d prefer to go down.

Cant argue with that, goals were at a premium all season although we did have a couple of 4 goal hauls out of the blue, its such an hard league!

On 10/08/2018 at 20:56, davidge said:

Predictions?

What a very strange statement to make :wacko:

I think City have to start massive favourites. After that who knows? Liverpool look really good and their best football is scintillating but the question marks about draws against well disciplined teams still remain. United just get the job done but the possibility of implosion is very real. They aren't a happy bunch at seasons start but may grow into things. Mourinho is undoubtedly a good tactician. 

Arsenal, Spurs, Leicester and especially Chelsea are dark horses for me. Chelsea have recruited well and i think they might just jump out of the ground. 

Everton, West Ham, maybe even big spending Wolves and some other clubs to fill the void behind that. 

• 5 months later...

I really thought they had a bit more class than that. Shame he’s gone. It won’t save them.

4 minutes ago, davidge said:

I really thought they had a bit more class than that. Shame he’s gone. It won’t save them.

I agree with you as he came across as a really nice bloke with no funds or a striker.

It came as a surprise but not as a surprise if that makes sense, he`d obviously had enough and decided to walk....i stress `by mutual consent`, he wasnt sacked.

Got us promoted....against all the odds, kept us up.....against all the odds, in fact last season the two points we needed (at the time) to keep us up were gained away at champions Man city and Chelsea, i`ll never forget that night at Chelsea, it took a year off my life i can tell you.:laugh:

Genuinely a nice bloke who was well liked by everyone, given us at least two seasons with the elite which is something i never thought i`d witness, people talk about it being better in the championship cos its more competitive and you win more games etc, bollocks i say, you exist to play at the highest level, its pointless existing if you dont aspire to be among the best, the prems the place to be even if lifes a struggle.

Thanks for everything David Wagner.

‘By mutual consent’ means the club told him he was going to be sacked but gave him the chance to agree to go instead.

Huddersfield just blew their chance of promotion next season.

34 minutes ago, davidge said:

‘By mutual consent’ means the club told him he was going to be sacked but gave him the chance to agree to go instead.

Huddersfield just blew their chance of promotion next season.

Mutual consent is often byword for a manager being sacked, but in this case it genuinely isnt the case, you`re wrong on the circumstances of his departure Davidge, Dean Hoyle our chairman has said he would never sack David Wagner even in the event of relegation, it truly was a joint decision, he`d had enough, i live local, i`ve seen local news reports on the subject and comments from Dean Hoyle.He was not about to be sacked.

Jan siewart (pronounced see-vert) to be announced tomorrow 22nd as our new boss, obviously going with what they know in the fact hes from Borrussia Dortmund same as Wagner, and like Wagner a relitive unknown, only 36 makes him he youngest manager in the premier league.

Only a miracle will keep us up, and while we have to keep going reality says next season will likely be in the championship.We will either stabalise and get back on an even keel,  struggle to come to terms with the championship and find life difficult, or go for it and have a tilt at promotion.Many teams come down with aspirations of going straight back up but its a hard and competitive division,  some of those teams with aspirations of promotion are still there years later.

Footballing life goes on, next up Everton on the 29th, be afraid Blue 1878,be very afraid.......... then again maybe not.:unsure:

I really think it’s planning for next season in the Championship now. No team has survived from this far below safety at this time in the PL season.

Things looking bleak for Fulham as well but their new front 3 could certainly get goals. They need to tighten up at the back.

News this morning that Cardiff’s new striker, and record signing, may have been on a light plane that disappeared over the Channel last night. Hope he’s ok.

15 minutes ago, davidge said:

I really think it’s planning for next season in the Championship now. No team has survived from this far below safety at this time in the PL season.

Things looking bleak for Fulham as well but their new front 3 could certainly get goals. They need to tighten up at the back.

News this morning that Cardiff’s new striker, and record signing, may have been on a light plane that disappeared over the Channel last night. Hope he’s ok.

It has been confirmed he was on the flight. Admittedly it is the Daily Mail https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6617307/Air-sea-search-launched-light-aircraft-two-board-goes-missing-Channel-Islands.html

Hope for the best but doesn't look promising.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

There is "no hope" of finding missing Cardiff City footballer Emiliano Sala and a pilot alive, a rescuer has said.

The striker and the pilot, understood to be David Ibbotson, were in the plane that vanished from radar on Monday.

Channel Islands Air Search chief officer John Fitzgerald said "even the most fit person" would only last a few hours in the water.

Guernsey Police said the search to find the Argentine striker, 28, and Mr Ibbotson was ongoing.

Sala reportedly sent a WhatsApp voice message to family. Sounding conversational and jokey, he said he was "so scared".

Media in Argentina reported he said: "I'm on a plane that looks like it's going to fall apart."

Guernsey Police said there were three planes and one helicopter in the air as they searched for traces of the Piper Malibu plane.

The force said: "There is as yet no trace today of the missing aircraft. The search is ongoing and a decision whether to continue will be taken later today."

Officers are also "reviewing satellite imagery and mobile phone data to see if they can be of any assistance in the search".

(BBC)

• 2 weeks later...

Well they found the wreckage, no sign of bodies apparently. I guess they got out, but froze/drowned? He must have landed on the surface if they got out..hard to believe? Brutal. Here is the position of the wreckage, the geo ocean III is currently over the wreckage.

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:-2.7/centery:49.8/zoom:11

Another win for Spurs, City v Chelsea coming up City to go back to the top of The English Premier League

Sarri.....come & gone, most likely.

................................................................................................................

On 10/08/2018 at 20:56, davidge said:

Predictions?

Well, over two-thirds of the way through the season so time to check my predictions.

Champions? Yep, still Man City.

Second? Liverpool, so I’ll claim that one.

Man Utd & Spurs to complete the top 4, so close enough :)

At the bottom, very disappointing that Cardiff are doing better than expected. Huddersfield & Fulham to go down so guess I can claim that as well. One from 6 to join them. I called Cardiff, Brighton & Newcastle but Bournemouth & Watford better than I expected. Southampton, Burnley and Palace in the mix as well. I’ve still got to hope that Cardiff are the ones to go down.

Archived