Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Thanksgiving Dinner

Don't know anything specific but Tigglebitties may be serving a Thanksgiving spread as they are Amerian themed. 

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

Smokin' Joe's BBQ will offer a 'Thanksgiving Buffet' on Thursday 22nd November 2018 from '12 noon til gone'. Booking at the restaurant is advisable, we plan on making enough for 50 servings, this year it will be a help yourself buffet rather then plated last year (so we increased the price a little & included roast Ham). We will be using whole Norbest Turkeys, home-made stuffing, home-made Turkey & Sage Gravy, Roast and Mash etc.  

Thanks Giving 2018.jpg

Smokin' Joe's BBQ Facebook 2.jpg

30 minutes ago, steak&co said:

Smokin' Joe's BBQ will offer a 'Thanksgiving Buffet' on Thursday 22nd November 2018 from '12 noon til gone'. Booking at the restaurant is advisable, we plan on making enough for 50 servings, this year it will be a help yourself buffet rather then plated last year (so we increased the price a little & included roast Ham). We will be using whole Norbest Turkeys, home-made stuffing, home-made Turkey & Sage Gravy, Roast and Mash etc. 

I am THERE!

5 minutes ago, Luv2Phuket said:

I am THERE!

It looks like a good deal.

thumbnail?appId=YMailNorrin&downloadWhenThumbnailFails=true&pid=1.2

…and they accept eatigo on this day...which is usually 50%...not too shabby...plus a TON of choices 

56 minutes ago, The Danimal said:

thumbnail?appId=YMailNorrin&downloadWhenThumbnailFails=true&pid=1.2

…and they accept eatigo on this day...which is usually 50%...not too shabby...plus a TON of choices 

Which restaurant are you referring to here?

Just now, SirL said:

Which restaurant are you referring to here?

both are great if you apply eatigo...but even w/o it Dicey's  puts out a massive spread

2 hours ago, The Danimal said:

both are great if you apply eatigo...but even w/o it Dicey's  puts out a massive spread

OK, so it seems you're referring to two restaurants, one of which is Dicey's.  Which is the other?  Your jpg doesn't seem to work properly.

Without knowing specifically what you're referring to, if you're on a Thankgiving meal at Dicey's, that might well count as a "special", but Eatigo reductions AIUI only apply to regular menu items and not drinks.  So maybe the Eatigo discount wouldn't apply to the Thanksgiving at Dicey's.

5 hours ago, SirL said:

OK, so it seems you're referring to two restaurants, one of which is Dicey's.  Which is the other?  Your jpg doesn't seem to work properly.

Without knowing specifically what you're referring to, if you're on a Thankgiving meal at Dicey's, that might well count as a "special", but Eatigo reductions AIUI only apply to regular menu items and not drinks.  So maybe the Eatigo discount wouldn't apply to the Thanksgiving at Dicey's.

in all the pics I see both Benihana and Dicey's?...Maybe it is cutting off for you guys for some reason.  The lady I talked to said I could use eatigo that day...but I will double check before I go just to be safe...wouldn't be the first time  SirL that I was told something that turned out to be incorrect!

The Thanksgiving buffet at Chik n Coop bar is excellent in terms of taste and value for money.  

Coops.jpg.a6f09ebf0a7ef2cc7fd7a3db19230d7a.jpg

Coop's Thanksgiving Feast is sold out every year, so you need to decide about going by the 15th or so.   The dinner begins at 6 p.m. and it's wise to get there as close to the starting time as possible.  That's true for any restaurant that will be serving Thanksgiving dinner,  whether fixed plate or buffet.

Evil

• Like 2

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

15 hours ago, steak&co said:

Just ordered in my Butternut Squash, whole Turkey's & Cranberry sauce. :Party1: 

45501814_282948655683772_8705390335188008960_n.jpg

PLEASE do NOT show that photo to my LLLT!  I'll be dumped for produce....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If the Eatigo discount does apply at Dicey's for the Thanksgiving buffet, that would be a good deal.  Of course, they could limit the 50% discount to late hours, which isn't good for buffet customers.  You want to be among the first, not last.

Dicey.jpg.eef615c056faed72aec875abaa27a2bc.jpg

The menu looks good at the Sportsman:

sportsman.JPG.1173e91d4c3e4059eeb257be33fe2ecb.JPG

A complimentary glass of eggnog might tempt me!

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil

On 06/11/2018 at 23:38, likeaking said:

Don't know anything specific but Tigglebitties may be serving a Thanksgiving spread as they are Amerian themed. 

They have had a Thanksgiving dinner every year for a long time, but I can't see anything about it on social media this year.  It could be that they are always sold out through regular customers, so no need to advertise.

Evil

17 hours ago, SirL said:

Yes, Eatigo only works on menu items at Dicey Reilly (and indeed at most if not all other outlets on Eatigo). It doesnt apply to the Sunday carvery there, for example.

I have been scrolling through here looking for a good American Thanksgiving Diner/Bufet that also serves Thai/Asian food. My partner in crime says that Turkey smells bad. :)

I saw Evil's post over in the Xmas thread. I am thinking that the Hard Rock Cafe's Starz Diner might do this, but did not see anything on their web site to that effect. Anybody know?

Also, this year the day after American Thanksgiving is Loy Krathong. I plan on having Thai food that day and making it over to Jomtien Beach to see the Krathongs being launched. Might get one for myself as well.

5 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

I have been scrolling through here looking for a good American Thanksgiving Diner/Bufet that also serves Thai/Asian food. My partner in crime says that Turkey smells bad. :)

I saw Evil's post over in the Xmas thread. I am thinking that the Hard Rock Cafe's Starz Diner might do this, but did not see anything on their web site to that effect. Anybody know?

Also, this year the day after American Thanksgiving is Loy Krathong. I plan on having Thai food that day and making it over to Jomtien Beach to see the Krathongs being launched. Might get one for myself as well.

You could pop into Hemingway’s and ask if they’ll do Thai food as well as Turkey.

Western food there is a bit hit & miss but Thai food is ok there. Convenient location for you.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

18 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

My guess is that most restaurants that typically serve Thai food will have those offerings, as well. 

For example, I think if you go to Sportsman for the Sunday Carvery, your little friend can order off of their Thai menu (but I have no idea, as I usually strap on the Sunday Carvery feedbag alone, so I can truly eat like a pig!  5555)

Not to stray too far from the topic, but I LOVE when Loy Krathong lines up with my annual Thanksgiving trip! 

I assume Beach Road would be closed to traffic on Loy Krathong and they would have a big festival going outside of the Hilton/Central Festival (which they did the last time I was there for Loy Krathong).  I even strongly considered moving to the Hilton for a few days, but opted to stay where I am.

25 minutes ago, davidge said:

You could pop into Hemingway’s and ask if they’ll do Thai food as well as Turkey.

Western food there is a bit hit & miss but Thai food is ok there. Convenient location for you.

Thanks - but I am fussy about my turkey. When in the States, I would spend 2 weeks prepping my own. Most of the lead time is needed to make the stocks for the brine. The actual turkey operation is about 3 days. Yes, I am a fuss bottom. :unsure: I doubt Hemingway's turkey would be moist enough to make me happy. 

41 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

Thanks - but I am fussy about my turkey. When in the States, I would spend 2 weeks prepping my own. Most of the lead time is needed to make the stocks for the brine. The actual turkey operation is about 3 days. Yes, I am a fuss bottom. :unsure: I doubt Hemingway's turkey would be moist enough to make me happy. 

How moist do you like it?

244E8177-5DEC-414C-A4B9-0BDA1E6F41F7.thumb.jpeg.a17113fff3814e93ab2f901f577680a3.jpeg

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

13 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

I doubt you'll find any restaurant in Pattaya that goes to such lengths with its turkey.  In fact,  you'll be lucky if a frozen turkey has been defrosted and roasted properly. Except at Christmas, turkeys don't see the inside of ovens that often in Pattaya.

Your best chance of getting moist turkey is to hit the restaurant as soon as it starts serving Thanksgiving dinner.  Whether it's fixed-plate or buffet, turkey and the trimmings don't do well in in chafing dishes or under warming lamps.

I remember my mom's tips for moist turkey:

1. Use fresh turkey whenever possible.  The freezing and thawing process damages the cells of the meat and causes them to lose more moisture;
  2. The weight on the label of all frozen turkeys and many fresh includes the neck and giblets, which add up to 1 lb to  the weight.  Cooking time has to be adjusted to exclude this extra weight.
  3. Get as small a bird as possible (8-10 lbs) as small turkeys roast more evenly;
  4. Place pats of butter under the skin of the breast.
  5. Roast the bird breast-side down and tented in aluminum foil for the first two hours, then breast-side up and uncovered for the remainder of the time. 
  6. Baste twice during roasting.
  7.  Don't overcook- that's the biggest single cause of dry turkey. 
  8. Allow the bird to rest 20-30 minutes covered with aluminum foil before carving.

Pilgrim Penevil

pilgrims_4_text.gif.2a514ad3e9e5454b0472e2f3f8195928.gif

Thanks. I am starting to think that Thanksgiving may be a good day for Pad Thai. :)

My turkey method is the one from Alton Brown's "Good Eats" show.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/good-eats-roast-turkey-recipe-1950271

It uses a 14 lb frozen turkey and a key item is the brine process. I made this several years in a row and the crowd was wow'd.

Only problem with it is that during the initial high heat process, the canola oil rub starts to throw smoke. You need to have a window open. Probably having a fan near by as well, is a good idea. The high heat process only lasts 20 minutes.

With this little bit bigger bird you need a one hour rest and you definitely need to use a thermometer inserted into the bird. Place the legs toward the back as that is the hotter part of the oven and dark meat needs to be brought to a higher temperature than the white meat.

Other than that there are a number of similarities to your mom's recipe.

Least expensive so far for an air-conditioned restaurant:

robin.JPG.a7e8640730f92a43dba2277aa664e9e6.JPG

17 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

I doubt you'll find any restaurant in Pattaya that goes to such lengths with its turkey.  In fact,  you'll be lucky if a frozen turkey has been defrosted and roasted properly. Except at Christmas, turkeys don't see the inside of ovens that often in Pattaya.

Your best chance of getting moist turkey is to hit the restaurant as soon as it starts serving Thanksgiving dinner.  Whether it's fixed-plate or buffet, turkey and the trimmings don't do well in in chafing dishes or under warming lamps.

I remember my mom's tips for moist turkey:

1. Use fresh turkey whenever possible.  The freezing and thawing process damages the cells of the meat and causes them to lose more moisture;
  2. The weight on the label of all frozen turkeys and many fresh includes the neck and giblets, which add up to 1 LB to  the weight.  Cooking time has to be adjusted to exclude this extra weight.
  3. Get as small a bird as possible (8-10 lbs) as small turkeys roast more evenly;
  4. Place pats of butter under the skin of the breast.
  5. Roast the bird breast-side down and tented in aluminum foil for the first two hours, then breast-side up and uncovered for the remainder of the time. 
  6. Baste twice during roasting.
  7.  Don't overcook- that's the biggest single cause of dry turkey. 
  8. Allow the bird to rest 20-30 minutes covered with aluminum foil before carving.

Pilgrim Penevil

pilgrims_4_text.gif.2a514ad3e9e5454b0472e2f3f8195928.gif

My first wife (Filipina) used to roast the turkey in a cooking bag, and it came out very moist every time. My mother also cooked the way your mom describes and it was hit and miss. Not saying our mom's were wrong, but maybe the cooking bag was invented after they learned how to cook.