IGNORED

Thanksgiving Dinner

Any recommendations for a good Thanksgiving Day dinner in Pattaya, American style?

Edited by bertik

Quite a few here talk about the spread put on at Coop's bar. Coops is located in the small bar complex on Second road about 50 - 100 metres south of Soi Diana.

dicey used to be good but hasn't been in a long time.  rich man poor man in jomtein, but make your reservations now

35 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

Quite a few here talk about the spread put on at Coop's bar. Coops is located in the small bar complex on Second road about 50 - 100 metres south of Soi Diana.

Thanks Mr. grogmonster. Coops is running a strong  1st so far.

3 minutes ago, just hanging said:

dicey used to be good but hasn't been in a long time.  rich man poor man in jomtein, but make your reservations now

Thank-you JH  Won't be in town until Mon. nite but will keep RMPM  in mind.  As mentioned above, Coops is another strong possibility and is closer to where I stay than Jomtien.

RMPM is soi 9 jomtien, you can make a reservation on the internet I will guess.  A 100% american restaurant, but I am sure coops will be fine

i went to TR last year. it wasnt worth it.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Smokin' Joe's BBQ in Soi Lengkee (not available at Steak & Co).  Roasted Turkey, Turkey Gravy, Green Bean, Pig's in Blankets, Mash, Roast Potatoes, Stuffing, Roasted Pumpkin, running from 12 noon til stock run's out. 

Thanks Giving 2.0.jpg

Edited by steak&co

Tigglebitties is having one, 795 baht. Soi Regional Land off Third Road.

My girl is "different". A different one everyday.

We are having our 17th annual All American traditional Thanksgiving at Tequila Reef one giant plate for 625 Baht

Tequila-Reef-Thanksgiving-Plate-New.png

Thanksgiving-2017-Pattaya-web.jpg

Please join our Facebook for reservations here - https://www.facebook.com/events/154662601809742/

Tequila Reef Cantina Bar and Restaurant
Established 2001
Soi 7 Pattaya Beach Road
Tel:(038) 414-035

Pattaya: Tequila Reef Pattaya Restaurant

tequilareef_banner_300.jpg

FACEBOOK - TWITTER - YOUTUBE

1_1_Philippines-Addicts-Logo-May-2012.jp

Join Philippines Addicts the World's largest Philippines Sex Travel and expat forum with over 62,000 members today! Be advanced immediately ONLY if you are advanced on Pattaya Addicts with over 150 posts. PM me on PIA!

33 minutes ago, tequilareef said:

We are having our 17th annual All American traditional Thanksgiving at Tequila Reef one giant plate for 625 Baht

Tequila-Reef-Thanksgiving-Plate-New.png

Thanksgiving-2017-Pattaya-web.jpg

Please join our Facebook for reservations here - https://www.facebook.com/events/154662601809742/

I've just got to ask you why you dont include the 7% value added tax in your prices ?

It seems deceptive not to because most other places do.

Maybe you feel saying 690 baht will dissuade people ? or maybe its some accounting thing but if that's the case its your accounting thing not your customers or the potential ones you want to attract.

Advertise what customers really pay without having to use a calculator to find the real price.

Like I say it seems a deceptive way to artificially lower your advertised prices because its not the TRUE price that will appear on the bill..

Give it some serious thought friend because Im damn sure people often query the bill when it arrives and you you do want happy customers who don't feel they've been stiffed even if you warn in advance stuff is going to cost more than the headline prices.

Just include the value added tax !

Edited by CuppaTea
  • Like 4

All of the above suggestions will give you the menu you want, however.... Personally , if I can't observe Thanksgiving with family/friends, the plate of turkey and carbs is not very important to me.

Perhaps sharing a foot long turkey Subway sandwich with a lovely Thai girl and eating cranberry relish out of her ass .  Up to you.

I am not ting tong...my mother had me tested.

day after thanksgiving, RMPM........ chicken Parmesan with stuffing on the side........great   my friends all got the turkey dinner the next day too

IMG_6689.jpg

On 11/19/2017 at 13:26, just hanging said:

I went to Dicey on Thanksgiving and thought everything except the stuffing was very good, especially the pecan pie. I believe they are owned by the Avani hotel chain, so everything was first class. I might go back for Christmas. 555

22 hours ago, WhiteThai said:

I went to Dicey on Thanksgiving and thought everything except the stuffing was very good, especially the pecan pie. I believe they are owned by the Avani hotel chain, so everything was first class. I might go back for Christmas. 555

then they changed chefs.  2 years in a row, was all dry, real dry, cold and they were real slow filling up the trays and they stopped the ham which was my favorite.  Out of the 10 of us, none thought it was anymore than okay

meat loaf and left over stuffing again today, love stuffing.   RMPM

we gotta pick a place this years xmas, but I do worry about them

IMG_6721.jpg

• 11 months later...

Bumping this thread, as we are less than 3 weeks out from Thanksgiving 2018 (November 22)

Any thoughts/suggestions?

1 hour ago, Luv2Phuket said:

Bumping this thread, as we are less than 3 weeks out from Thanksgiving 2018 (November 22)

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Avani always puts on a nice spread...and usually has a discount via eatigo

Good to remobilise this thread.

If guys only want a little bit of Thanksgiving, maybe the Thanksgiving party at Heaven Above gogo Nov 22 evening might suit them?

I've long thought that Pattaya restaurants charge well over what prices "ought" to be for special days, so I'm tempted to eat at Rich Man Poor Man the day after as described above instead.  Anyone want to meet for that?

Edited by SirL

Contacted RMPM via their Facebook account, and they said menu will be available shortly.

I will report back if/when I see it.

Here's the RMPM Thanksgiving menu, from FB.  IMO it's far too expensive to be of any interest on the day, but perhaps might be worth going the day after as noted above last year.

RMPM.png.c24a78576a8c297304924897cccc84fb.png

Here's the RMPM Thanksgiving menu, from FB.  IMO it's far too expensive to be of any interest on the day, but perhaps might be worth going the day after as noted above last year.

RMPM.png.c24a78576a8c297304924897cccc84fb.png

May be worth keeping an eye out for what the Hard Rock cafe on Beach Rd is doing for Thanksgiving.  They often do this kind of event OK.

I ate Thanksgiving dinner at Tequilla Reef the couple times I was in Pattaya in November. The buffet had everything you'd expect of a Thanksgiving dinner. All you can eat except the pie--one slice from the wiatress when you're ready. Drinks extra.

As I recall, it was cheaper if you paid a few days in advance. That also got you a seat with your name on it in case they were full, so no waiting.