Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

THAI FOOD: Your favorite places to eat on a budget

stacksreg123

6 hours ago, Taa_Saparot said:

Again so vague.

Which dishes are good quality ?

Well, you didn't ask me, but I've become addicted to Number 10 at the Suki stall. But it's not Suki, it's stir fried thin rice noodles with seafood and some crunchy greens. 52 baht.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Scuba+ said:

Its a general comment, everyones taste is different, lots of choice so people should go and find dishes they like.

Thread is "your favourite PLACES to eat on a budget"

It says "THAI FOOD" "your favourite PLACES to eat on a budget"

12 hours ago, Tarl said:

Yeah agree. If they have a lot of choices and have good meals is what I am interested in.  Doubtful many members eat the isan spiced food I prefer anyway.

But surely a member can remember what dishes he had, and what he would recommend over others.

That is the point of Forums, and threads like this IMO.

8 minutes ago, Taa_Saparot said:

But surely a member can remember what dishes he had, and what he would recommend over others.

That is the point of Forums, and threads like this IMO.

Yeah could be useful for some members although I just look for places that have a wide range and good quality in that range.

I am hopeless remebering names of dishes so am a bloke who points to what he wants or needs a photo on the menu or board.

Edited by Tarl

Terminal 21 food court is full of thai food strangely enough
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Scuba+ said:
49 minutes ago, Taa_Saparot said:

Terminal 21 food court is full of thai food strangely enough

And from past experiences with food courts, I guess the majority is crap, hence why always on the look out for specific recommendations from those in the know.

And from past experiences with food courts, I guess the majority is crap, hence why always on the look out for specific recommendations from those in the know.
I agree to a point, Big C Extra food court, nothing i like now, and the thought of it makes me feel sick. Just for you I'll take a picture of my favourite dish currently at T21

3 hours ago, Taa_Saparot said:

Do you think these BM's are your personal food travel scouts. Have you even been to the food court in terminal 21. 99% of it looks good. But I guess you want to know what the 1% of bad ones are so you dont wast your 40 baht

12 Pints in Know it all

Terminal 21 food court in BKK is pretty good. They've toned down the spice though, the place is hugely popular with Mainland Chinese tourists who are not big fans of spicy food. 

I am a big fan of So's Place on Soi 15 behind The Avenue shopping Centre. Mainly Thai food and reasonably priced.

• Like 3

image.png

1 hour ago, Mr Wombat said:

Do you think these BM's are your personal food travel scouts. Have you even been to the food court in terminal 21. 99% of it looks good. But I guess you want to know what the 1% of bad ones are so you dont wast your 40 baht

Harsh.

I agree to a point, Big C Extra food court, nothing i like now, and the thought of it makes me feel sick. Just for you I'll take a picture of my favourite dish currently at T21
My current favourite dish from T21. Pork spaghetti in a light spicy sauce. Also minced pork, chicken, liver and prawns available. 40 baht from stand no.31acae4b24e8b2d6a5f15aec353b9cd64.jpg

Tried it a few weeks ago tasty but as with many dishes here was a little too sweet for my taste..........:Oops1:

Tried it a few weeks ago tasty but as with many dishes here was a little too sweet for my taste..........default_Oops1.gif

Doesn't taste overly sweet to me. Just ask for no sugar

2 hours ago, Scuba+ said:

Doesn't taste overly sweet to me. Just ask for no sugar

Trouble is the sugar in the sauce. I struggle with these dishes as well. Lot of people like them though.

Trouble is the sugar in the sauce. I struggle with these dishes as well. Lot of people like them though.
The guy seems to make the sauce up, you know, bit of this bit of that bit of sugar. Not a lot of sauce at all, i think it would be ok for most people

• 1 month later...
On 08/02/2019 at 06:08, Jebb said:

I am a big fan of So's Place on Soi 15 behind The Avenue shopping Centre. Mainly Thai food and reasonably priced.

As I spent a week in Centara residence I ate quite often there. Food very good, I especially loved the spring rolls and pad Thai Gung. 

Also the female cook with the big tattoo on her back is up for fun. She has a good body with big boobs. 

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

• 7 months later...

ครัวจ่าต๋อย
372/26 หมู่ที่ 10 ถนน สํานักงานที่ดิน 8 Bang Lamung District, Chon Buri 20150, Thailand
+66 81 863 7824
https://maps.app.goo.gl/gUiPdDNwRvNNCVHc8

Theres a nice little gem, I've been there only 2 times because whenever I'm in that area I usually go to Tigglebitties.

Dishes around 100-200 baht, My Thai ex wife loved the place. They use shitloads of chili so I recommend ordering mai phet.

Screenshot_20191123-144239.jpg