IGNORED

THAI FOOD: Your favorite places to eat on a budget

stacksreg123

+1 for The Avenue night market. Lots of reasonably priced Thai food and has not been too busy so I have been able to get a seat no problem. Last night pork an basil stir fry, water and mango roti all for 120 Baht.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Scuba+ said:
9 hours ago, stacksreg123 said:
I really enjoyed on the market on Klang. The fish is really good on the first stall when you walk in on the left side. 

Where is that? Klang has a few good food places

Pattaya Klang Market水果
Pattaya, Amphoe Bang Lamung, Chon Buri 20150

https://goo.gl/maps/eVSmh2M5RcC2

Here is the map. 

It's really good and the only place I go to on Klang. What other places do you recommend there? 

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Pattaya Klang Market水果
Pattaya, Amphoe Bang Lamung, Chon Buri 20150
https://goo.gl/maps/eVSmh2M5RcC2
Here is the map. 
It's really good and the only place I go to on Klang. What other places do you recommend there? 
I've walked past that market a million times but not gone in, I'll have a look.

This place is good and popular with Thais.

Fly Vegetable Restaurant
383/9-12 Thanon Pattayasaisong, ตำบล หนองปรือ Amphoe Bang Lamung, Chang Wat Chon Buri 20260
038 411 966

https://goo.gl/maps/WaPMFHjkwEv

Is usually eat street food but if I'm short on options i go to the flying vegetable restaurant, i think it opens from 5pm
  • Like 1

On 18/08/2017 at 11:04, Tunyawan said:

I have noticed this place whilst walking between Soi "Bumpy" and Soi Lenkee.  I have never given it a try myself because I am not keen on dining alone. But as you say, it always seems busy with a mixed clientele, who seem to be enjoying  their meals.

Im staying at sutus court in december so ill give the place a bash! Work an appetite up at one of the massage shops on the way down hehe

Two of us are at Tuk Thai restaurant last night.

Located at the end of Soi Excite ,about 30 Meters before third road junction.

Four dishes off the menu ordered 1 water ,1 coke and 1 beer  410 baht.

Good portions served up and fresh ingredients .

Closes at 9 o'clock most nights.

Easy to spot ,sign and menu board out front .would go again.

See that noodle soup been mentioned before,   From a budget standpoint those 40b bowls are as good as it gets and it available all over Thailand.  When you been around awhile you get used to certain soup wagons and do think there a bit of difference.  Most of it is in how you mix your sauce, but my favorite in Pattaya is one that permanently set up in front of 7-11 on beach side of 2nd road, north of Central Festival around some of those tailor places.  Likely has more to do with location I am walking by at time of day when feel like a soup.  In Hua Hin there a couple of mobile soup wagons that seem to time their route around Bin Baht area at different times in aftnn, but pretty much same schedule/route everyday.  One of these I like better than other, but hard to explain difference.  I always prefer the pork in it, but there usually is chicken or beef as option as well.  

• Like 2

See that noodle soup been mentioned before,   From a budget standpoint those 40b bowls are as good as it gets and it available all over Thailand.  When you been around awhile you get used to certain soup wagons and do think there a bit of difference.  Most of it is in how you mix your sauce, but my favorite in Pattaya is one that permanently set up in front of 7-11 on beach side of 2nd road, north of Central Festival around some of those tailor places.  Likely has more to do with location I am walking by at time of day when feel like a soup.  In Hua Hin there a couple of mobile soup wagons that seem to time their route around Bin Baht area at different times in aftnn, but pretty much same schedule/route everyday.  One of these I like better than other, but hard to explain difference.  I always prefer the pork in it, but there usually is chicken or beef as option as well.  
You have an exact location of the 2nd road one?
I think i used to go there but i didnt like how they served, i.e don't acknowledge you and some time later when its maybe your turn they ask what you want. The best noodle soup I've found and ive posted further up the thread is Soi 13/238caff3b61c6f0efee7c8c1f2683d971.jpg

I usually am walking from Soi 6/massage places further north of this when feel like soup so coming from other way - it pretty much right in middle between center road and central festival on Beach side of 2nd road right in front of a 7-11.   What I like about it is that they do have tables around to sit at and they do serve it in the plastic bowls like your picture  displays - rather than those styrofoam bowls that more common with mobile guys.  

This thread is a goldmine and will definitely be used frequently when I'm back in October. Many thanks to all contributers. 

• Like 2

I came, I saw, I mongered!

• 3 weeks later...

Recommended for noodle soup by some Thais I know is this cart outside Jomtien Plaza Condo, opposite Country Road bar:

52E3752D-AD16-4217-AF70-27E289304F25.jpeg.5e0984d4a118f0ed135c69a3233c1d6c.jpeg

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

1 hour ago, davidge said:

Recommended for noodle soup by some Thais I know is this cart outside Jomtien Plaza Condo, opposite Country Road bar:

I have no idea where this is. Do you think you could provide a Google map link?

Jomtien Plaza Condo is a pretty big building :) but I appreciate many aren’t familiar with Jomtien. 

440B89C3-96E4-431B-A7DF-19DA477D9D64.thumb.jpeg.9b252d5ce80fff5c59548ab0405fa772.jpeg

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

21 minutes ago, davidge said:

Jomtien Plaza Condo is a pretty big building :) but I appreciate many aren’t familiar with Jomtien

Not bad. I have eaten there. What I like better is the fried chicken lady close to the turn into VT2A. Right next to the Neapolitian Pizza place (Pizza Art). Like the pizza too.

Prajanban at Pattaya klang have very nice food. A must go eat place. On the right side if coming from beach close to foodland and Harbor. Popular place for thai people. I not remember price but have very big menu and cheap prices

Prajanban at Pattaya klang have very nice food. A must go eat place. On the right side if coming from beach close to foodland and Harbor. Popular place for thai people. I not remember price but have very big menu and cheap prices
Prajanban Restaurant
513/9 Central Pattaya Rd, Muang Pattaya, Amphoe Bang Lamung, Chang Wat Chon Buri 20150
081 736 3122

https://goo.gl/maps/ZvmGjAzaxw22

Emily Restaurant on Soi 7, Jomtien has become a regular eatery for me. It's closer to the beach end of the Soi on the south side You can't miss the large "Emily" sign. Most of of the tables are on the open, shaded, elevated terrace which has plenty of fans to keep the air moving. The food is solid, varied and sometimes surprisingly creative along with many standard fare. Standards like gai and noodle come with plenty of chicken and vegetables. For breakfast the scrambled eggs with back bacon on a fresh roll is a refreshing change and delicious. The menu has large selections of farang and Thai dishes. Prices start at 80 Baht and are reasonable considering the quality and quantitly of the food. Their fruit smoothies are refreshing and tasty and run 60-80 baht. Their hours are around 9:00 am. to 9:00 p.m. or there abouts. 

Edited by likeaking

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

19 minutes ago, jimboh said:

Any Thai places sell brown rice?

7-11 has pre-cooked brown rice 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 03/07/2018 at 10:58, stubby said:

Or Ah Harn Thai on second rd https://www.facebook.com/pages/Or-Ah-Harn-Thai/126134760848412, excellent food and aircond upstairs,mid priced and expats i know have been going for years and  rave about it, try the fried yellow curry fish. 

It's on pattaya tai just before soi buakhao not on 2nd rd.

Terminal 21 food court on 3rd floor is my current favourite food place, i might be bored of it in a few weeks but for now I'm enjoying the wide choice, good quality and decent price

1 hour ago, Scuba+ said:

Terminal 21 food court on 3rd floor is my current favourite food place, i might be bored of it in a few weeks but for now I'm enjoying the wide choice, good quality and decent price

Again so vague.

Which dishes are good quality ?

Again so vague.

Which dishes are good quality ?

Its a general comment, everyones taste is different, lots of choice so people should go and find dishes they like.

Thread is "your favourite PLACES to eat on a budget"

13 minutes ago, Scuba+ said:

Its a general comment, everyones taste is different, lots of choice so people should go and find dishes they like.

Thread is "your favourite PLACES to eat on a budget"

Yeah agree. If they have a lot of choices and have good meals is what I am interested in.  Doubtful many members eat the isan spiced food I prefer anyway.

On ‎03‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 08:13, rioman said:

I usually am walking from Soi 6/massage places further north of this when feel like soup so coming from other way - it pretty much right in middle between center road and central festival on Beach side of 2nd road right in front of a 7-11.   What I like about it is that they do have tables around to sit at and they do serve it in the plastic bowls like your picture  displays - rather than those styrofoam bowls that more common with mobile guys.  

Just an update on noodle soup place as note that there actually 2 soup stations in front of 7-11 between middle road and central festival.  They both the same price, look very similar, but it is the one that is closer to central festival(further sorth) that is the best - very close to kings tailor.  What makes it better is they give you more sprouts and lots of mint(do not think the one further n gives u any mint) and you also can get the dark, thick soya sauce which a favorite topping for me.  

Other advantage is you closer to central festival such that if you happen to make your bowl too spicy and/or like it so much that you try 2 bowls and you get a shart attack it is very easy to get into the central festival restrooms.  You could take your chances and try to duck across traffic on 2nd road and go to the ceasar palace, but danger in ducking across 2nd road and becoming a shit spot on road is greater due to needing to get to restroom quicker.  

As Evil Peeevil would say 40b and excellent.