Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

THAI FOOD: Your favorite places to eat on a budget

stacksreg123

Hi guys,

I really like the under 300 Baht western food thread, as it just has tons of great information.

As I'm sure there are more people like me, who really enjoy original thai food, I would love to get a thread going where everyone can post uptodate info on good and cheap thai food.

A post should include the name of the restaurant and its location, the dish you had and it's price, and your review.

Looking forward to finding the best spots for thai food!

D

• Like 4

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

The Rompho Market on Second Road opposite Soi 5 has many carts from 16:00 to 23:00 and all have open air tables and chairs. Many types of delicious Thai food, BBQ fish or Thai table BBQ among them. All for much less than 300 baht. Not the format the the OP wants but I'm not a formal reviewer.

Edited by likeaking

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

7 minutes ago, QuotaMan said:

He posted in that thread and was told to go start his own thread as that one was for farang food! 

• Like 2

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

This is a great idea!

I did walk past Rompho Market and it smelled and looked good, will give it a go next time.

i found that the food court in central festival mall was ok, average price per dish 80 baht. I was staying next door, so very convenient.

The small sois between Walking Street and 2nd road are good for reasonably cheap (they used to be 40 baht but now 60 baht per dish). 

I usually go to the same one but next time will experiment and try some different ones. 

Just avoid the big establishments and go for the small mom and pop run places on the road 

The food court near the small  market soi buakhow .

40 baht for rice with 2 of many side dishes available.. add a water on top.. barely 50 baht for a good meal.

• Like 2

There's a food court which sell thai food at cheap price at Pattaya Klang Soi 16, just beside the mango sticky rice. 

• Like 2

I eat at the corner of third road and chayapoun regularly. And bring many friends there. Very good service by a group of Myanmar gals who have been there for years. Food is out in minutes and is quite good. It is usually quite busy with a good mix of falang and Thais.

my go to there is panang talay, cow pad talay or guy,  and hoi lai pad prik pow.

reasonable prices. And a huge menu.

14 hours ago, Garbage said:

There's a food court which sell thai food at cheap price at Pattaya Klang Soi 16, just beside the mango sticky rice. 

Good shout. Decent variety among the 15-20 stalls at good prices and always fresh. I eat here quite a lot and if the stall you're sitting at doesn't have everything you want then they'll go to one that has the missing item and bring the food sort the bill out for you etc

My go to place in there is the furthest at the back and on the right which compliments the good quality Thai food with a great range of fruit base drinks and smoothies

unnamed (10).jpg

Edited by PR1977

Just further to post above, some of the fare on offer from stall furthest back at right in the indoor food market at Pattaya Klang 16...

Panang Gei

unnamed (12).jpg

Spicy Beef Salad

unnamed (13).jpg

Deep fried fish cakes

unnamed (14).jpg

Spring Rolls..sourced from one of the other stalls

unnamed (17).jpg

Ice tea

unnamed (16).jpg

Relatively inexpensive...the simple Thai dishes are under 100 baht

Edited by PR1977
  • Like 3

That food looks *fab* - making me feel hungry in fact!

How far down Pattaya Klang 16 is it? Only really been down to Big C around there and don't know the area very well.

Will definitely try it when I am next in Pattaya.

18 minutes ago, article22 said:

That food looks *fab* - making me feel hungry in fact!

How far down Pattaya Klang 16 is it? Only really been down to Big C around there and don't know the area very well.

Will definitely try it when I am next in Pattaya.

Coming from 2nd Road its just about 100m or so down Pattaya Klang heading towards Buakhao on the left hand side...just in behind the August Suites in fact

Edited by PR1977
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, PR1977 said:

Coming from 2nd Road its just about 100m or so down Pattaya Klang heading towards Buakhao on the left hand side...just in behind the August Suites in fact

Thanks for that.

Think I found it on Google, you had to zoom right in?

https://goo.gl/maps/2ko8tJzDZZt

Though August Suites looks on the same map to be in the middle of nowhere!

Buakhow market food court next to Tony's gym on soi Buakhao. Can't be beaten for cheap authentic Thai dishes. Dishes all range from 40-90 baht and they're fucking lovely. I used to eat here up to 3 times a day, not because I was trying to save money but because it was actually brilliant food. I'd pay double the price, no bother. They also have a fried chicken stand just outside the seating area too that could easily rival KFC chicken. 15 baht a piece if I remember correctly. 

The food complex on central road close to August Suites is also good but most of their food seems to be aimed at seafood eaters and I don't really like it. Had a good chicken red curry from there once though.

1 hour ago, QUIM_SLAYER said:

Buakhow market food court next to Tony's gym on soi Buakhao. Can't be beaten for cheap authentic Thai dishes. Dishes all range from 40-90 baht and they're fucking lovely. I used to eat here up to 3 times a day, not because I was trying to save money but because it was actually brilliant food. I'd pay double the price, no bother. They also have a fried chicken stand just outside the seating area too that could easily rival KFC chicken. 15 baht a piece if I remember correctly. 

The food complex on central road close to August Suites is also good but most of their food seems to be aimed at seafood eaters and I don't really like it. Had a good chicken red curry from there once though.

Yep...thats just what i said some post above..

Cant beat the price/quality

• Like 2

On 8/16/2017 at 07:35, Garbage said:

If I'm understanding which food court you're talking about right, here's some video of when Geoff Carter went to it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOA9RpJ-kPw

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have definitely got to check out that food court. I often eat at Diana Dragon, on Soi Diana opposite at a slight angle the 7/11 on the Soi Burkhao end of the road,  as it is generally near the hotels I stay at, foods good from the Thai Kitchen, not as cheap as street food, or the food market no doubt, but you can chill out have a good meal under 300 baht, good spot for people watching. As someone who goes for 2 weeks max, I like to enjoy the Thai food, it's not a long enough break for me to be get fed up of it and want Farang food. That said you can get Farang food from there to.  

On 16/08/2017 at 6:25 PM, weblo said:

I eat at the corner of third road and chayapoun regularly. And bring many friends there. Very good service by a group of Myanmar gals who have been there for years. Food is out in minutes and is quite good. It is usually quite busy with a good mix of falang and Thais.

my go to there is panang talay, cow pad talay or guy,  and hoi lai pad prik pow.

reasonable prices. And a huge menu.

I have noticed this place whilst walking between Soi "Bumpy" and Soi Lenkee.  I have never given it a try myself because I am not keen on dining alone. But as you say, it always seems busy with a mixed clientele, who seem to be enjoying  their meals.

• Thanks 1

On August 18, 2017 at 6:04 AM, Tunyawan said:

I have noticed this place whilst walking between Soi "Bumpy" and Soi Lenkee.  I have never given it a try myself because I am not keen on dining alone. But as you say, it always seems busy with a mixed clientele, who seem to be enjoying  their meals.

I have dined with many friends there and they have all made it a regular stop.

many many thai families there also.

• 3 months later...

There is a little hole in the wall Thai restaurant on Soi Honey right off of second rd. Little places like these are all over Pattaya and I love stopping at those places for a bite. I am always searching for the best krapow gai.

I prefer Indoor Food Courts like at Big C and Lotus.  Price is about the same as street meals but you don't sit on rickety seats with dogs, traffic and spilled food at your feet. 

Air conditioned and usually more sanitary.  Really gets me thinking when I see the roadside workers squatting while washing dishes in the same dirty soap water next to the street gutters.

• Like 2