Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

THAI FOOD: Your favorite places to eat on a budget

stacksreg123

Big C food court. Chicken with rice and soup. Fuckin delicious for 60baht.

Ddaef9a4fa2bb64fb0f5f6fc375d11ab4.jpg

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

On soi bukhao opposite of D Apartments is a little market. Noodle soup with meat and fresh green and sprouts. Delicious and healthy as fuck for 50baht.

D9ea4080e940179efbacc35e87c81961a.jpg

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

MaeSriRuen.

Beach Rd. Just past Central Festival. 

Great Thai food, excellent service, good prices, indoor with air con. 

Why go anywhere else?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jiz said:

MaeSriRuen.

Beach Rd. Just past Central Festival. 

Great Thai food, excellent service, good prices, indoor with air con. 

Why go anywhere else?

I found the food there was dry and very franchised shop tasting, nothing like the hole in the wall type traditional style. 

I like to eat in marine seafood.  great food, prices reasonable, and get to watch all the girls going to work

two of my favorite dishes there are panang chicken and cashew chicken.  I like my panang spicy but this time it was over the top..still tasty but my eyes were watering so I combined the two dishes and it was fantastic.  Will do that again

IMG_6900.jpg

• Like 3

I like to eat in marine seafood.  great food, prices reasonable, and get to watch all the girls going to work
two of my favorite dishes there are panang chicken and cashew chicken.  I like my panang spicy but this time it was over the top..still tasty but my eyes were watering so I combined the two dishes and it was fantastic.  Will do that again

IMG_6900.jpg.954bcaa6a567c96158dd519a3ecf2f8b.jpg
Chicken & Cashews is my favourite Thai dish too

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

On 12/10/2017 at 10:24, DavidSkin said:

Chicken & Cashews is my favourite Thai dish too

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

mixed with the panang is killer, think I will get that dish again tonight, so good. anyone want to yell at me now you know where to find me :)

Edited by just hanging

On 12/10/2017 at 03:18, just hanging said:

IMG_6900.jpg

Looks great.

How much does that cost ?.

The word budget I suppose means different things because it depends how high or low a chaps own budget is. .

Marine isnt street food stall or food court cheap though.

1 minute ago, Gosh said:

not sure, maybe 100 baht per dish

definitely soi buakow market when in pattaya and the markets along sukhumvit road when in bkk..

I stayed at on nut soi 85 for a while and would normally eat in the market near on nut station..great food.

missed that tower of Heineken served most evenings,

Better to pay for a fantasy than lose to an illusion 

trips to Angeles city 2015/2016    best sexual experience    best condoms

8th  trip 7th trip  6th trip 5th trip micro trip  3rd trip  2nd trip   

maiden trip

trip to lagos

My favorite food court is the one located at the north end of the Alcazar parking lot.  Favorite dish is stir fried vegetables with prawns.  Generous on the number of prawns and not the tiny ones. About the 3rd or 4th cook station at the back away from 2nd Rd.

3 hours ago, usexpat46 said:

My favorite food court is the one located at the north end of the Alcazar parking lot.  Favorite dish is stir fried vegetables with prawns.  Generous on the number of prawns and not the tiny ones. About the 3rd or 4th cook station at the back away from 2nd Rd.

I agree that's a good place in general but it's often super crowded to the point of no tables. 

There are tons and tons of good small Thai restaurants in Pattaya. If you see one that has many Thai people at it or boxes going out for delivery, there's a good chance it's good and the prices are much lower than those usually being discussed on this board. I'll give a couple examples.

1. Kao Gaeng Pee Lek Pattalung on 3rd Road, hours 10 am to 4 pm, left side of First Drugs in the link below.

Location: https://www.google.co.th/maps/@12.9321564,100.8906879,3a,25.8y,306.91h,88.92t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s09ZErBjb7a9oU88NHR1l9w!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Kao Gaeng literally means curry over rice, and they have a choice of curries in the case at the front that you can choose. A couple curries over rice will set you back 40 or 50 baht, I'm not sure as I never order that way. I usually get side orders of curry either in a bowl or in a bag to take home. Like that it will be 30 or 40 baht per curry (you get more this way than over rice). A plate of rice or rice noodles is 10 baht. Water is free. They also have things like chicken cashew for order, again 40 or 50 baht over rice, probably 50 with egg but don't shoot me if I'm wrong.

Edit: I probably get curries to go from them on average once a week. I don't get rice as it's wasted calories to me. I usually get 3 'curries,' their rib curry (excellent and fairly spicy 40 baht), another curry (maybe green curry or chicken ginger), and fried chicken with garlic. 100 baht for 3 lovely items, a wonderful and filling lunch with a lot of variety of flavors.

The food is very good here; not the best food I've ever eaten but decent and the staff are friendly.

1. Sum tom restaurant near the Village, not sure the hours but open morning and afternoons for sure.

https://www.google.co.th/maps/@12.9261193,100.8850753,3a,41.2y,302.2h,83.68t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sVG9cMPvI_dj2MYLHEozzmg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

If you go at noon you'll be surrounded by nurses and will have to wait a long time for your food most likely. One of my favorites is sum tom kapod kai kem, sum tom made with corn and salted egg. Their gai yang, grilled chicen, and moo yang, grilled pork are also good. There are pictures of many dishes on the wall as I recall. Nice people, very friendly. Low prices, very popular with locals. Sum tom with grilled chicken and sticky rice will set you back maybe a hundred baht and you'll be eating world-class food in my opinion, stuff that foodies in other countries will be jealous of. Try the Nam Tok Moo (pork waterfall) which is pork with herbs in a spicy sour sauce. Larb is always good too.

Edited by expatdude

4 hours ago, expatdude said:

I usually get side orders of curry either in a bowl or in a bag to take home. Like that it will be 30 or 40 baht per curry (you get more this way than over rice).

Some small stalls just sell bags. It's always a bit of a challenge knowing what's in them. Do the places you mention speak English, or have an English menu? I could probably ask them to list what they have, mi arai baang?, but understanding the answer would be a different matter altogether!

No, no English but they'll try to help if they can. To me it's worth learning the names in Thai and how to identify them--this has saved me countless thousands of baht over the years as well as giving me a lot of joy--there are some fantastic things on offer for very low prices.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 20/12/2017 at 07:35, expatdude said:

and the staff are friendly.

On 20/12/2017 at 07:35, expatdude said:

Nice people, very friendly.

Has almost disappeared from Pattaya nowadays.

Had forgotten Phattalung, thanks!

Btw. Opposite Phattalung is very cheap , Thai "steakhouse".

Edited by soi16

• 2 weeks later...

Beside Tesco lotus after the railway on Soi Khao talo coming from Sukhumvit on the right side is a food stall. Everything cost 30 baht. They give quite big portions as well. Add another 10 baht for rice. I know quite many places but sucks on explain location....

On 10/12/2017 at 10:18, just hanging said:

IMG_6900.jpg

A couple of Thai girls I took there said the food was very ugh....sub par.  

15 hours ago, wogggy said:

Yes, Marine Seafood has always been more about its location, than the food they serve.

3 hours ago, Taa_Saparot said:

Yes, Marine Seafood has always been more about its location, than the food they serve.

Yeah, I ate there once. It was crap and haven't been back.

I did try the one near there recommended here.

I had a fish curry soup type thing. It was good so I'll try more stuff there. 

On 1/5/2018 at 07:04, pattaya669 said:

Beside Tesco lotus after the railway on Soi Khao talo coming from Sukhumvit on the right side is a food stall. Everything cost 30 baht. They give quite big portions as well. Add another 10 baht for rice. I know quite many places but sucks on explain location....

https://www.google.co.th/maps/@12.9086607,100.9029217,3a,75y,197.74h,88.71t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1ssSYxf2V5YIsO2Qv27eQVpw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

On 12/4/2017 at 11:40, great mooglie said:

I am always searching for the best krapow gai.

I'd be interested in your list of favorites!  My favorite dish too.

On 1/5/2018 at 17:35, wogggy said:

every thai girl I took there, every one, loved it and I took many.  The only one that had something negative was a farm fresh that said it was too expensive

On 2017-12-15 at 04:32, usexpat46 said:

Are you talking about this place?

034DBA35-5B33-4815-B224-12F5152D8469.jpeg

:Ass_Lick::A2M:

There is a little cafe in the Villa Supermarket at The Avenue mall on 2nd Road . Very clean , friendly staff and good solid Thai food , reasonable menu and prices a bit more than street market . But still cheap seen both Thais and foreigners eating there and me of course . Handy for a meal before your shopping , as they say never shop hungry .