IGNORED

Cabin Class

Mishko

Right, I'm here at Gatwick, am supposed to take the flight at 15:15 to Milan with Easyjet in order to board on Oman Air at 22 h for Bangkok. They have announced two delays so far, not taking off until 17:05 h. The original scheduled arrival time was 18:15 h

I am getting very nervous!! It's the only fucking flight on the entire screen with this incidence!!

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope you make the flight. May be a bit tight if you've checked in baggage.

I've only just read the thread, too late now but can't believe you've chosen to go via Milan & having to use EasyJet.

Good luck. 

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Good luck. 

F

32 minutes ago, davidge said:

Hope you make the flight. May be a bit tight if you've checked in baggage.

I've only just read the thread, too late now but can't believe you've chosen to go via Milan & having to use EasyJet.

Good luck. 

I booked separately... But here's my argument.

it was either £1100 with Oman Air from Milan or £1850 with Emirates from London in BC. Milan flights about £150 for both.

There was also a £1400 option in Business with Ukranian International Airlines from London in Business at the time of booking

Plus Sindbad by Oman Air offering double miles on first flight. Thanking the guys on this thread. I may be able to get 46000 frequent flyer miles if that holds

2 minutes ago, Mishko said:

I booked separately... But here's my argument.

it was either £1100 with Oman Air from Milan or £1850 with Emirates from London in BC. Milan flights about £150 for both.

There was also a £1400 option in Business with Ukranian International Airlines from London in Business at the time of booking

I understand why just would never consider it :-) 

One change is more than enough for me - fly direct whenever I can.

Anyway, I see your flight now showing a 1655 departure so, hopefully, you'll be fine.

55 minutes ago, davidge said:

I understand why just would never consider it :-) 

One change is more than enough for me - fly direct whenever I can.

Anyway, I see your flight now showing a 1655 departure so, hopefully, you'll be fine.

16:55 we are still not halfway through boarding. &%$*((g Easyjet my ass. They've screwed my first business lounge visit already

3 minutes ago, Mishko said:

Two hours delay. Can I claim my money back you reckon?

No got to be 3 hours, last flight with Easyjet pissed me off 16hrs late blamed everyone else not even offered any refreshments for 6 hrs.

Jesus you guys have a tough time coming from the U.K.

It's Easy Jet or Ryan Air or one of the other budget airlines that causes the problem. I fly to London all the time and then use one of these to fly on to Italy, France, Germany etc. Allows me time on the ground in Northants plus the flights are cheaper. The problem is they are often late and if you do not allow enough time you are screwed.

26 minutes ago, Skalliwag said:

Jesus you guys have a tough time coming from the U.K.

Especially if you fly via Milan he is airborne 2 1/2 hours late should land about 2030 his flight is 2215 and he has to go through immigration collect bags & check in hope he is OK. 

4 minutes ago, mbamber said:

Especially if you fly via Milan he is airborne 2 1/2 hours late should land about 2030 his flight is 2215 and he has to go through immigration collect bags & check in hope he is OK. 

Yuck.

I get on my Cathay flight,11 hours later I'm in HongKong,get off,90 minutes later get on the flight to BKK.

get my bags.....on my way.

You guys have to go through the Middle East.Fuck that.

Just now, Skalliwag said:

Yuck.

I get on my Cathay flight,11 hours later I'm in HongKong,get off,90 minutes later get on the flight to BKK.

Not bad the Airports are new but Busy my next flight Nov 16 hours out 17 hours back 2 hour's in Dubai which is just over half way. 

12 minutes ago, mbamber said:

Yeah, could be a tight one.

It is showing 20:14 arrival now and hopefully it doesn't go back any further.  Easyjet arrive at T2 and he has to get his baggage and across to T1 for Oman.  T1 is absolute shit.  The queues are ridiculous sometimes.  Oman will probably prioritise him and get him down the ViaMilano lanes to get through.

Update: by the time I had finished writing this it is down to 20:10ETA so hopefully they keep it up, and get in as soon as.

14 minutes ago, Skalliwag said:

Yuck.

EVA direct in Biz. Can't beat it. Eleven and a half hours out, an hour more back. No messing around changing planes, plenty of room, comfy seats, decent service.

Only downside is the shithole that is Heathrow!

1 minute ago, davidge said:

EVA direct in Biz. Can't beat it. Eleven and a half hours out, an hour more back. No messing around changing planes, plenty of room, comfy seats, decent service.

Can. There is still a few carrier that have direct routes out of Europe on A & F class :-)

8 minutes ago, Kandinski said:

Can. There is still a few carrier that have direct routes out of Europe on A & F class :-)

Not out of the UK - which was the context of my post. 

3 minutes ago, Kandinski said:

Sorry to correct but at least Thai operates equipment with said classes out of UK https://wftc3.e-travel.com/plnext/tgpnextDX/Override.action#/FDFF

Do you mean First Class? (No idea what the letters mean :-)

Having experienced Thai Business Class last year, I'd choose EVA Biz over Thai First. You get the same space in EVA Biz as Thai First as well.

I believe BA also still have First Class on the route as well but I just wouldn't consider flying with them!

13 minutes ago, davidge said:

Do you mean First Class? (No idea what the letters mean :-)

Having experienced Thai Business Class last year, I'd choose EVA Biz over Thai First. You get the same space in EVA Biz as Thai First as well.

I believe BA also still have First Class on the route as well but I just wouldn't consider flying with them!

Wouldn't considered myself but reply was in context to beat biz on EVA and yes it's possible....but a ridiculously high cost

I don't know why certain characters join threads to make it all about them and their silly pissing contests. So boring.

No one asked them if they would do it, but yet they offer their self-centred opinions anyway.

The OP has his reasons for doing it that way. Mainly because he gets to fly Business Class for the first time for not much more than the price of Premium Economy. With hindsight,  choosing EasyJet over BA was a mistake. But quite possibly they were already stretching the budget.

But then that doesn't stop certain characters joining the thread to boast about the direct flights in BC they take from London.

This thread is not about them. It's in support of the OP.

1 hour ago, davidge said:

Only downside is the shithole that is Heathrow!

Why would you bother doing anything else?

Just now, Skalliwag said:

Why would you bother doing anything else?

Exactly.

I was foolish enough to use Gulf instead last Christmas - saved £650.

Won't do it again.

1 minute ago, davidge said:

Exactly.

I was foolish enough to use Gulf instead last Christmas - saved £650.

Won't do it again.

Yeah yeah...but this thread is about Mishko and his experience. Create your own (boring) thread if you want to someone that you can afford to fly Business Class. Most here cannot, so can do without your regular moans about one silly thing or the other.

Well as Mishko has not posted anything I hope he is on the Plane & has a good journey. 

Archived