IGNORED

Cabin Class

Mishko

Hi guys, I am booking my 2nd leg of the holiday for 11th August - 31st August and I am thinking of upgrading from Economy to Premium Economy. 

It goes from about £737 with KLM Economy, up to about £1187 with Air France at this moment in time, or with Eva Air at about £1300 at slightly better times.

Am I booking too early? 

I am not very pleased about the mark-up but I had a big fight mid-flight, and although I was okay with the flight facilities (Qatar), I can do without the rude motherfuckers (referring to some passengers) you have to put up with.

Then on the second leg flight, I had a bear of a man sitting next to me. Not fun.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How flexible are you with your dates.It might be low season for customers hotels etc in Pattaya.But for the airlines you are booking in their busiest time so you will be close to paying top prices for the year.£400 markup for premium economy is quite a bit but that only depends on everybody's individual circumstances with ability to pay...if they have good job etc.Myself I like to keep the extra travel money for other expenses. :)

September,October and a little bit of November normally can be quite a bit cheaper...though more chance of a little bit more rain.

47 minutes ago, Gaztop08 said:

How flexible are you with your dates.It might be low season for customers hotels etc in Pattaya.But for the airlines you are booking in their busiest time so you will be close to paying top prices for the year.£400 markup for premium economy is quite a bit but that only depends on everybody's individual circumstances with ability to pay...if they have good job etc.Myself I like to keep the extra travel money for other expenses. :)

September,October and a little bit of November normally can be quite a bit cheaper...though more chance of a little bit more rain.

I am only available those times as I am on holiday. Whether I come any other times, I still lose somewhere, be it the rain or the high season in Pattaya, which I am told becomes expensive and massively crowded, without mentioning the superhot temperatures

You are probably booking a bit late they tend to put the prices up nearer the flight about 3 months before is around the best for future reference and also flying on a Friday is more expensive most off the time. Had a look from Manchester and by departing 1 day earlier or 1 day later can make a big difference especially with premium economy as so few do it. Some searches allow you to enter a date and it will search a couple of days each way. Skyscanner  allows a monthly search but only in economy but gives you an idea.

Looked from Manchester the days I wanted to fly it was about £600 econ £1650 premium ended up paying £1780 Business.  

29 minutes ago, mbamber said:

You are probably booking a bit late they tend to put the prices up nearer the flight about 3 months before is around the best for future reference and also flying on a Friday is more expensive most off the time. Had a look from Manchester and by departing 1 day earlier or 1 day later can make a big difference especially with premium economy as so few do it. Some searches allow you to enter a date and it will search a couple of days each way. Skyscanner  allows a monthly search but only in economy but gives you an idea.

Looked from Manchester the days I wanted to fly it was about £600 econ £1650 premium ended up paying £1780 Business.  

It gets a bit more interesting now. If I leave it for one day later, I get £1017 in Premium Economy with UIA (Ukraine International Airlines) but now for the same price as per previous day in PE (£1350) I can fly in Business with UIA (checked on Momondo)

Skyscanner gave me a worse price.

7 minutes ago, Mishko said:

It gets a bit more interesting now. If I leave it for one day later, I get £1017 in Premium Economy with UIA (Ukraine International Airlines) but now for the same price as per previous day in PE (£1350) I can fly in Business with UIA (checked on Momondo)

Skyscanner gave me a worse price.

Skyscanner I use to find the cheapest days as a guide never booked with them UIA get terrible reviews one of the best for price is Turkish Airlines but their prices from the UK are normally about £1300 if you book 6 weeks in advance but are now showing over £2000 for your dates.

with that return date any airline from the uk it is going to be expensive whoever you fly with. schools go back start of sept and there is a great demand for flights................hence the price.

last year i got an free freq flyer upgrade to business flying back around that time on an A380.............something i never thought would ever happen on such a large plane.

On 2017-7-27 at 10:05 AM, Mishko said:

Hi guys, I am booking my 2nd leg of the holiday for 11th August - 31st August and I am thinking of upgrading from Economy to Premium Economy. 

It goes from about £737 with KLM Economy, up to about £1187 with Air France at this moment in time, or with Eva Air at about £1300 at slightly better times.

Am I booking too early? 

I am not very pleased about the mark-up but I had a big fight mid-flight, and although I was okay with the flight facilities (Qatar), I can do without the rude motherfuckers (referring to some passengers) you have to put up with.

Then on the second leg flight, I had a bear of a man sitting next to me. Not fun.

Is it a guessing game as to from where you are flying??

If you don't mind adding to your flying time, you can fly with real business class. Oman Air from MXP comes in at £1105 for your dates.

Ukraine:

Ukraine-Airlines-Business-Class-767-2.jp

Oman 

business_class_spec_bg.jpg

It will be worth tolerating a two hour flight in economy to get to Milan. Bank on around £150 for that. 

UIA is atrocious in comparison.

http://www.omanair.com/en/flying-us/business-class/virtual-tour

http://www.omanair.com/en/flying-us/business-class/oman-air-lounges

Booking class R, so no free Chauffeur service. 

£1101 booked via OTA. £1161 if booked direct. You can pay with the likes of Revolut if your new card hasn't yet arrived.

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2016/11/04/ukraine-airlines-767-business-class/

If you have a penchant to fly business class on an A380

1500,1500-56d68b4f099441c5b1e67ead767f22

You can fly the Doha<>BKK legs on Qatar's business class by booking VCE - BKK for £1149. Venice<>Doha is on an A330.

https://www.ausbt.com.au/qatar-airways-airbus-a380-business-class-doha-london

Flight and stopover times not as convenient as Oman. But....up to you. 

You can also save a bit more by using a European OTA and a payment method that doesn't charge for International transactions.

http://www.mytrip.com/it-en/flights can offer the Oman flights at 1211.84€. Around £1085.  But of course one only deals with this kind of agent if you are sure that won't need to make amendments to your booking. You are buying a cheap ticket and that is it. :)  1298€ booked direct with Oman. Around £1161. 

4 hours ago, GreyMan said:

Is it a guessing game as to from where you are flying??

If you don't mind adding to your flying time, you can fly with real business class. Oman Air from MXP comes in at £1105 for your dates.

Ukraine:

Ukraine-Airlines-Business-Class-767-2.jp

Oman 

business_class_spec_bg.jpg

It will be worth tolerating a two hour flight in economy to get to Milan. Bank on around £150 for that. 

UIA is atrocious in comparison.

I did not see this seats in the last 6 flights on Oman Air. They replaced them with new seats who are less roomy, but you get more privacy. I like the new one better. 

3 hours ago, GreyMan said:

http://www.omanair.com/en/flying-us/business-class/virtual-tour

http://www.omanair.com/en/flying-us/business-class/oman-air-lounges

Booking class R, so no free Chauffeur service. 

£1101 booked via OTA. £1161 if booked direct. You can pay with the likes of Revolut if your new card hasn't yet arrived.

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2016/11/04/ukraine-airlines-767-business-class/

Booking class R will give you free Chauffeur service, if you fly from Europe to Asia. Only exception is Switzerland. I know it, because I used it several times. You just have to read the Terms and Conditions. 

http://www.omanair.com/en/flying-with-us/business-class/chauffeur-drive-service

If you fly from Milan, you can't get the Service in Italy, but you still can book the Chauffeur in Thailand.

3 hours ago, ZRHuser said:

Booking class R will give you free Chauffeur service, if you fly from Europe to Asia. Only exception is Switzerland. I know it, because I used it several times. You just have to read the Terms and Conditions. 

http://www.omanair.com/en/flying-with-us/business-class/chauffeur-drive-service

If you fly from Milan, you can't get the Service in Italy, but you still can book the Chauffeur in Thailand.

I did read the T&C before posting.

• The Chauffeur Drive Service is available to First and Business Class passengers holding tickets in revenue booking classes P, F, J, C and D only.

So if you get it in R in spite of the T&C  then it is an even better deal. Though you only get a 60km allowance, so may have to agree on the extra it would cost to go to Pattaya. Possibly cheaper to a normal taxi.

Hi GMan, My dates are from 11 th Aug - 31 st Aug/1st Sept. I have been told if I fly on Friday it becomes more expensive (go figure) but there seems to be some truth in it, because when I select 12th Aug I get slightly better prices. 

I am looking hopefully to not overcome the + 1 day journey time. If push comes to shove, I could do + 2 day but for that I would prefer to fly on 11th. My times ideally mid morning and later, since I leave work at about 7 am on the 11th (I work night shifts) so looking to be able to make it to the airport shortly after, allowing journey times.

If I select 1st Sep as returning day, I can only come back in the morning or afternoon, since I start work that day at 20 pm.

I have looked on Skyscanner, Momondo, Travel Supermarket,...it looks fairly grim. It is only recently that I decided to come here a second time, that's why I could plan this any sooner ( I am forced by my employer to attend 6 Aug - 10 Aug for work, then 2nd leg of holidays on the indicated dates above) I will be flying from London. 

4 hours ago, ZRHuser said:

I did not see this seats in the last 6 flights on Oman Air. They replaced them with new seats who are less roomy, but you get more privacy. I like the new one better. 

Actually I know, but I couldn't find a picture of the new seat in the flat bed position and the point was to emphasise the massive difference in product between UIA and Oman....and also to avoid any disappointment.

Oman-Air-New-Business-Class-4.jpg

4 minutes ago, Mishko said:

Hi GMan, My dates are from 11 th Aug - 31 st Aug/1st Sept. I have been told if I fly on Friday it becomes more expensive (go figure) but there seems to be some truth in it, because when I select 12th Aug I get slightly better prices. 

I am looking hopefully to not overcome the + 1 day journey time. If push comes to shove, I could do + 2 day but for that I would prefer to fly on 11th. My times ideally mid morning and later, since I leave work at about 7 am on the 11th (I work night shifts) so looking to be able to make it to the airport shortly after, allowing journey times.

If I select 1st Sep as returning day, I can only come back in the morning or afternoon, since I start work that day at 20 pm.

I have looked on Skyscanner, Momondo, Travel Supermarket,...it looks fairly grim. It is only recently that I decided to come here a second time, that's why I could plan this any sooner ( I am forced by my employer to attend 6 Aug - 10 Aug for work, then 2nd leg of holidays on the indicated dates above) I will be flying from London. 

??

All dates are per the 11th to the 31st as you stated. The prices are uniform whether you leave on the 11th or 12th.

The flight from MXP leaves at around 10.25pm on the 11th. So you have a lot of time in which to get there. The overall flight time need not be that long, as you are going in the right direction in the first place.

17 minutes ago, GreyMan said:

I did read the T&C before posting.

So if you get it in R in spite of the T&C  then it is an even better deal. Though you only get a 60km allowance, so may have to agree on the extra it would cost to go to Pattaya. Possibly cheaper to a normal taxi.

Emirates it is 2500 baht to Pattaya by chauffeur I do a few days in Bangkok so go there and get a Taxi to Pattaya. 

10 minutes ago, Mishko said:

Seems that I have to draw you a picture. :)

Check.JPG

2 minutes ago, mbamber said:

Emirates it is 2500 baht to Pattaya by chauffeur I do a few days in Bangkok so go there and get a Taxi to Pattaya. 

What model of vehicle do they supply? I imagine Oman will be similar. Though on the other hand I wouldn't bank on it as the ticket states R. But if supplied it's a bonus.

I see the list now GMan, thank you. I am also getting quotes by FinnAir and EgyptAir, do you guys have any opinion on them?

20 minutes ago, Mishko said:

Example of a positioning flight: 

Check ex.JPG

1 minute ago, Mishko said:

I see the list now GMan, thank you. I am also getting quotes by FinnAir and EgyptAir, do you guys have any opinion on them?

What are the quotes? Add proper detail.

2 minutes ago, GreyMan said:

What model of vehicle do they supply? I imagine Oman will be similar. Though on the other hand I wouldn't bank on it as the ticket states R. But if supplied it's a bonus.

Merc's in Bangkok, Manchester use Merc's but in April it was a Audi Q7 the firm they use in the UK got caught slightly clocking the Merc's 7.5 million miles this is from all the customers not just Emirates.

1 minute ago, GreyMan said:

What are the quotes? Add proper detail.

EgyptAir arrives at Bangkok 12th 12:35 pm - £901.62

FinnAir arrives at Bangkok 12th 7:15 am - £1037 

They both show up on mytrip.com

Archived