Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Cabin Class

Mishko

On 29/07/2017 at 7:05 PM, Mishko said:

I see the list now GMan, thank you. I am also getting quotes by FinnAir and EgyptAir, do you guys have any opinion on them?

I flew with Finnair recently BKK<>LHR in J. The three sectors on the A350 were fine but one sector from HEL to LHR was on an A320 which was pretty nasty as it has no real business class seats and we had to get to the plane in a bus in the rain and then climb up steps. I am just under 6ft and I found the A350 seat to be OK but the foot-well would have been a bit small for anyone taller. Food was OK to good. The Finnish cheese board was very nice. Also the business lounge at HEL is really crowded and quite downmarket.

But I would fly with them again if I could be certain to get A350 on all sectors.

I paid about GBP1100 for a return ticket originating in Bangkok which was good value as flights starting in Bangkok tend to be much more expensive than the other way round.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Mishko said:

Thanks for the info mbamber, their website is fucking rubbish. Chauffer requests cannot be sent through because of site glitches. 

Then when I go to edit passenger information, I am displayed a menu of meal choice, that had "Vegetarian Hindu Meal" selected by default. 

The options are mostly for people with diet restrictions (bar the Seafood preference) I am forced to choose one, there is no blank. What if I wanted beef or lamb? It's rubbish, I am definitely less than impressed by this. 

meal.jpg

You will get to choose your meal onboard out of 3 choices, no choosing beforehand online. Food is good and plenty. The list you showed is, like with most Airlines, just for people with special food needs. Something you get to choose in Ecconomy to btw. At least on one leg I choose the Omani speciality, never have been disapointed with that one. 

With the Chauffeur Service. Just copy the form and send it by email. That's what I do. But if you go to Pattaya directly, it's not worth using the Chauffeur Service. It's outside of the included range and, from the experience with other Airlines, the additional price asked is much higher then what you would pay for a good Taxi.

48 minutes ago, ZRHuser said:

You will get to choose your meal onboard out of 3 choices, no choosing beforehand online. Food is good and plenty. The list you showed is, like with most Airlines, just for people with special food needs. Something you get to choose in Ecconomy to btw. At least on one leg I choose the Omani speciality, never have been disapointed with that one. 

With the Chauffeur Service. Just copy the form and send it by email. That's what I do. But if you go to Pattaya directly, it's not worth using the Chauffeur Service. It's outside of the included range and, from the experience with other Airlines, the additional price asked is much higher then what you would pay for a good Taxi.

Thanks ZRHuser, the list appeared selected by default with the first option, which is baffling to me. You cannot deselect options, so you are forced to choose one. Since this is business I assumed they will take those requests in advance, so it is very confusing. Maybe now they will only give me seafood options. I sent them an e-mail yesterday, no reply so far but I'll keep an eye on it.

3 hours ago, Mishko said:

Thanks ZRHuser, the list appeared selected by default with the first option, which is baffling to me. You cannot deselect options, so you are forced to choose one. Since this is business I assumed they will take those requests in advance, so it is very confusing. Maybe now they will only give me seafood options. I sent them an e-mail yesterday, no reply so far but I'll keep an eye on it.

I am also confused as to what you are trying to do with the Chauffeur service, since you won't use it in Milan and Pattaya is too far way. Also as ZRHuser stated, there was no reason to touch the meal choices at all unless you had a special dietary choice.

No need to stress yourself out over nothing. Have you selected your seats? Use https://www.seatguru.com to assist.

If you want to put your mind at ease, give them a ring. http://www.omanair.com/en/contact-us/global-contacts

Bangkok office is as good as any: 635 1222 ext. 12 Though I usually call the Omani office.

I call my local Oman Air Office. No waiting on the phone line, no press this  number first and then that number after. Just a human picking up the phone (at least in Switzerland). Oman Air has an Office in every country they fly. It's a local call and the Guys I was dealing with have been very knowledgable. 

Mishko, if you not already have, sign up to Sindbad, the frequent flyer program. If you have never flown with them before, you can sign up to the first flight offer (my offers button), it gives you double miles for your first leg.

7 minutes ago, ZRHuser said:

I call my local Oman Air Office. No waiting on the phone line, no press this  number first and then that number after. Just a human picking up the phone (at least in Switzerland). Oman Air has an Office in every country they fly. It's a local call and the Guys I was dealing with have been very knowledgable. 

Mishko, if you not already have, sign up to Sindbad, the frequent flyer program. If you have never flown with them before, you can sign up to the first flight offer (my offers button), it gives you double miles for your first leg.

http://sindbad.omanair.com/en/your-offers/earn-double-miles-on-your-first-flight

1 hour ago, GreyMan said:

Also as ZRHuser stated, there was no reason to Touch the meal choices at all unless you had a special dietary choice.

I repeat, I did not touch anything, but after I included the passenger information, an option was assigned to me by default.

1 hour ago, GreyMan said:

No need to stress yourself out over nothing. Have you selected your seats? Use https://www.seatguru.com to assist.

If you have browsed through their manage my booking and website, and I take it you have,  it's far from a relaxing experience.

You think that's a normal occurrence to give me "vegetarian hindu meal" when I didn't ask for it? Well, it isn't 

Call it Business Class, or the Presidential White House Class, it isn't.

But I am sure it still beats many out there. I still prefer to deal with this minor issues than to fly with that bastard O'Leary and that arse-suppository he has for an airliner.

13 minutes ago, Mishko said:

I repeat, I did not Touch anything, but after I included the passenger information, an option was assigned to me by default.

If you have browsed through their manage my booking and website, and I take it you have,  it's far from a relaxing experience.

You think that's a normal occurrence to give me "vegetarian hindu meal" when I didn't ask for it? Well, it isn't 

But I am sure it still beats many out there. I still prefer to deal with this minor issues than to fly with that bastard O'Leary and that arse-suppository he has for an airliner.

Only flown with O'Leary once from Liverpool to Dublin that was a fuck up flight was late got told to board stood in a line for a long time then sent back to the lounge nearly missed the ferry to Liverpool. 

5 minutes ago, mbamber said:

Only flown with O'Leary once from Liverpool to Dublin that was a fuck up flight was late got told to board stood in a line for a long time then sent back to the lounge nearly missed the ferry to Liverpool. 

I flew once with them, with a girlfriend. Never again.

Everything was traumatic, the passengers, the cabin crew, the capsule...

I almost have had to choose it out of options on the way back from Milan to London, but I have averted disaster at the last minute by choosing Easyjet for £15 extra...Not thrilled but better by some margin.

8 minutes ago, Mishko said:

I flew once with them, with a girlfriend. Never again.

Everything was traumatic, the passengers, the cabin crew, the capsule...

I almost have had to choose it out of options on the way back from Milan to London, but I have averted disaster at the last minute by choosing Easyjet for £15 extra...Not thrilled but better by some margin.

When you add up all the fee's they are not the cheapest & he tried to get 230 passengers on a 737-800 but a regulator stopped him. And now a company in Columbia is trying good news the US appeals court has ordered the FAA to look into seat sizes as a safety concern.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/south-america/colombia/articles/colombian-airline-wants-to-introduce-stand-up-flights/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2017/07/31/case-incredible-shrinking-airline-seat-tells/524972001/

5 hours ago, Mishko said:

I repeat, I did not Touch anything, but after I included the passenger information, an option was assigned to me by default.

I have, with nary an issue. Not sure what is happening with you. You seem a bit stressed. Good thing you have a holiday coming up. 

On the other hand, I've rarely had a problem with Ryanair. I often only flew with them when they had 1p each way flights and enjoyed some good days out. In fact once, the Spanish check in girl checked my hand luggage in for free, so I wouldn't have to throw some goodies away.

Certainly not my airline of choice, as I don't actually enjoy the whole experience of travelling with them. But at 2p for a return flight, I tolerated it. :)

So relax and enjoy the Oman Air business class experience. Keep in mind that you were considering Ukraine International Airlines, and be thankful. A website glitch shouldn't ruin your day.  Perhaps it's a Browser problem on your computer.

20 hours ago, GreyMan said:

On the other hand, I've rarely had a problem with Ryanair. I often only flew with them when they had 1p each way flights and enjoyed some good days out. In fact once, the Spanish check in girl checked my hand luggage in for free, so I wouldn't have to throw some goodies away.

I asked them for a sick bag for my then girlfriend at the time. They brought me a crumpled supermarket bag. 

One hooligan sitting on the next row from us who was slurring his words (for  obvious reasons ) , takes off his shirt, gives it to me and goes "Here mate, this will do"  

It looked like a scene out of a crappy comedy. But I didn't pay 2 p for that trip, and I wasn't laughing.

That was only a sequence in a chain of ill-fated misadventures that is far too long for me to waste any more time with. I wouldn't fly with them for 2p or for free, they would have to pay me to travel with them. 

2 hours ago, Mishko said:

I asked them for a sick bag for my then girlfriend at the time. They brought me a crumpled supermarket bag. 

One hooligan sitting on the next row from us who was slurring his words (for  obvious reasons ) , takes off his shirt, gives it to me and goes "Here mate, this will do"  

It looked like a scene out of a crappy comedy. But I didn't pay 2 p for that trip, and I wasn't laughing.

That was only a sequence in a chain of ill-fated misadventures that is far too long for me to waste any more time with. I wouldn't fly with them for 2p or for free, they would have to pay me to travel with them. 

He offered you his shirt and you call him a hooligan??

I have to state that I have never encountered any unsavoury people on a Ryanair flight. Perhaps it had something to do with destination and season.

Anyway, you have moved up to Oman Business Class now. Hopefully you'll spend your time making the best of it, instead of getting bogged down by the little things.

14 hours ago, GreyMan said:

He offered you his shirt and you call him a hooligan??

Read between the lines of how I posted the sentence. As I  indicated in a previous post, it was absolutely everything else, not only passengers.

The cabin crew was totally unprofessional, sneaking into the back galleys of the plane, making jokes about customers and being rude to them behind their back. They spoke English poorly, and couldn't speak Spanish either. They thought they still were at high school. It was embarrasing to their brand.

I will not debate more about these bastards, but I thank you greatly for your input GMan (and a big thank you shout to all the other guys in the thread)

You are one of the wisest guys around. I will see how it goes with Oman, I am sure I will enjoy the experience. I am fairly demanding and I recall having been through shit with people you would think they'd know better. But if everything turns out to be a wonderful experience, I will come here and say it. Just like I experienced a top notch and professional service from Qatar Airways Cabin Crew recently on my trip here, in a very difficult situation to handle (I had a fight with a passenger, and they understood it wasn't my fault) 

PS: "Hooligan" (they usually travel far too drunk and in groups,  think about it) One of them offered me his shirt (sweaty and smelly). This lot made all the passengers' trip in the plane a misery for numerous reasons, lots of aggro. 

On 01/08/2017 at 0:31 PM, GreyMan said:

I was under the impression that in Business seats, you get assigned window seats by default if you are a solo traveller, and the aisle pairs may be left for couples, is this true? I have been contacted by OA saying they did that. 

I also thought that the middle aisle seats give you a sense of space that you don't have in the windows (business), as opposed to the aisles in Economy. I actually always would prefer window to aisle in Economy, but in Business I fancy the aisle a bit more.

I went to Manage my booking and I didn't have an option to select seat. They didn't comment on this.

So what's your take on it? 

12 minutes ago, Mishko said:

I was under the impression that in Business seats, you get assigned window seats by default if you are a solo traveller, and the aisle pairs may be left for couples, is this true? I have been contacted by OA saying they did that. 

I also thought that the middle aisle seats give you a sense of space that you don't have in the windows (business), as opposed to the aisles in Economy. I actually always would prefer window to aisle in Economy, but in Business I fancy the aisle a bit more.

I went to Manage my booking and I didn't have an option to select seat. They didn't comment on this.

Window seat according to this looks good. This is the 330 but the 787 is the same seat.

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2016/03/06/review-oman-air-new-business-class-a330/

2 minutes ago, mbamber said:

Window seat according to this looks good. This is the 330 but the 787 is the same seat.

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2016/03/06/review-oman-air-new-business-class-a330/

Oh right, seeing their seats now, I was having in mind something like Qatar's. The closed suite cabins would spoil that sense of space a little bit I reckon

25 minutes ago, Mishko said:

Oh right, seeing their seats now, I was having in mind something like Qatar's. The closed suite cabins would spoil that sense of space a little bit I reckon

Qatars new Q suites are more enclosed business class is more about some privacy that's what I like about Emirates A380 you can have a drink at the Bar :D found this it is the 787 Oman air layout bit of crap at the beginning but some info.

https://thepointsguy.com/2017/07/oman-air-787-9-business-review/

3 hours ago, Mishko said:

Oman Air is operating 2 different Business Classes atm. I am not sure if the old first class like Business seats are still around, did not see one for 2 years. They have there own planes A330 and 787, but they have also 3 leased 787 planes. Difference you can see in the videos below. First one also shows the inflight menu, so now you know what you can expect in the food department.

New Oman Air Business Class

Leased 787 Business Class

12 hours ago, Mishko said:

Look a little more closely. I don't have a current booking, so can't tell you where to look. If you can't find it yourself, give them a call and with the help of SeatGuru, select your seat.

Also when you check in online, you will have another opportunity to select your seat. 

On 8/9/2017 at 3:17 PM, mbamber said:

Qatars new Q suites are more enclosed business class is more about some privacy that's what I like about Emirates A380 you can have a drink at the Bar :D found this it is the 787 Oman air layout bit of crap at the beginning but some info.

https://thepointsguy.com/2017/07/oman-air-787-9-business-review/

You can do the same on the Qatar 380.  You can't beat spending the last few hours before Swampy getting larroped at the bar at 40,000ft.

1 minute ago, Drewbrogan said:

You can do the same on the Qatar 380.  You can't beat spending the last few hours before Swampy getting larroped at the bar at 40,000ft.

Unfortunately do not operate out of Manchester :D 

I know mate....but at least you can get the second leg out of Hamad.  I LOVE Qatar but when they changed the Privilege Club awards (I know, tight bastard :D ) I was willing to look elsewhere.  Went back to Emirates in January then flew Oman in May.  We all know the strength of Emirate's product but I really enjoyed Oman, and they will only get better when the new airport opens, allegedly later this year. Plus the miles I got on my Sindbad account got me Silver, which is lounge access and check-in no matter what class I travel in.  

I do miss the bar on the 380 though :unsure:

43 minutes ago, Drewbrogan said:

I know mate....but at least you can get the second leg out of Hamad.  I LOVE Qatar but when they changed the Privilege Club awards (I know, tight bastard :D ) I was willing to look elsewhere.  Went back to Emirates in January then flew Oman in May.  We all know the strength of Emirate's product but I really enjoyed Oman, and they will only get better when the new airport opens, allegedly later this year. Plus the miles I got on my Sindbad account got me Silver, which is lounge access and check-in no matter what class I travel in.  

I do miss the bar on the 380 though :unsure:

My credit card company has offers regularly with cash back from Emirates last one was 6%  and I get a Chauffeur so saves me taxi fare which is £100 works out cheaper than Qatar. :D 

Archived