Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Cabin Class

Mishko

1 minute ago, mbamber said:

Merc's in Bangkok, Manchester use Merc's but in April it was a Audi Q7 the firm they use in the UK got caught slightly clocking the Merc's 7.5 million miles this is from all the customers not just Emirates.

:) What can be said?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Mishko said:

EgyptAir arrives at Bangkok 12th 12:35 pm - £901.62

FinnAir arrives at Bangkok 12th 7:15 am - £1037 

They both show up on mytrip.com

I think that you have made a mistake. Certainly no Business class fare showing as such. 

Post a screenshot

2 minutes ago, Mishko said:

biz 2.jpg

biz 1.png

You didn't state from Milan. 

You need to remember to add the relevant details.

You won't have time to catch the flight to MXP with FinnAir and even if you did, you'd be going the wrong way to Helsinki.

Egypt Air, only the Cairo to BKK sector will have a flat bed.The MXP to CAI sector will be a disappointment.

I've already posted the best deal for you. Are you trying to second guess me? :NoNo3:

Yes I looked from Milan, as you indicated I should tag from London to Milan which it makes sense.

The prices I quoted above showed up only one way (my bad)  When I select for the return, I get almost the same price but Oman comes on top. I am still checking out, give me a second :)

What is worse, is that you are pricing up one way flights

What are you thinking? :)

Okay Oman comes on top, but as I see the arrival time is 18:00 h (I would prefer it to be in the morning) and then seeing the other two carriers, I am exploring all options. 

Qatar offers arrival in the morning the next day but I am looking already at £1600

Goddamn, you are awesome. First Jack Daniels bottle is on me. Can't be fairer than that...

Don't worry.

But seriously, you won't find a better combination. You need to leave at least three hours  in between arriving and leaving MXP, as you'll need to clear immigration to check your luggage in for the Oman flight.  So the night flight is perfect for resting after a long day of travelling and also gives you the opportunity to take advantage of the lounges in MXP and Oman outbound.

6 minutes ago, Mishko said:

Okay Oman comes on top, but as I see the arrival time is 18:00 h (I would prefer it to be in the morning) and then seeing the other two carriers, I am exploring all options. 

Qatar offers arrival in the morning the next day but I am looking already at £1600

Goddamn, you are awesome. First Jack Daniels bottle is on me. Can't be fairer than that...

You've not been paying attention. :)

Check again.JPG

The long wait at the return in Doha to Venice puts me off, I can do 3 or 4 h, but at those times, I am looking at sleeping at the airport crumpled up on some seat.

12 minutes ago, Mishko said:

The long wait at the return in Doha to Venice puts me off, I can do 3 or 4 h, but at those times, I am looking at sleeping at the airport crumpled up on some seat.

Business Class, remember. You'll have a 10,000 sq m lounge with a sleeping area and showers.

https://www.ausbt.com.au/qatar-airways-al-mourjan-business-class-lounge-doha-hamad-international-airport-review

But as I stated in #10, definitely not as convenient as Oman. Seems there is no A380 on that route either.

7 minutes ago, GreyMan said:

Business Class, remember. 

But as I stated in #10, definitely not as convenient as Oman.

Sorry about my ignorance, but I never flew in Business before, so I am not aware of any attentions given on the stopovers, waiting transits, etc.

1 minute ago, Mishko said:

Sorry about my ignorance, but I never flew in Business before, so I am not aware of any attentions given on the stopovers, waiting transits, etc.

Not an issue. Just banter.

I have been known to choose a flight with an extra hour or two of transit time to take advantage of a massage and superior food and drink in some the better airline lounges.

But seven hours and twenty five minutes can take the shine off it. Two hours without a lounge and up to four hours with a good airline lounge is fine. 

You finish work 7am 11th..You are not interested in direct flight from Heathrow?..Thai airways have a direct flight leaving at 12.30 so just going into afternoon. BA leaves at 1600...

7 minutes ago, Mishko said:

Doha is ranked as the best Business class lounge one thing that lets Emirates is their Business class lounge in Dubai far too busy.

You finish work 7am 11th..You are not interested in direct flight from Heathrow?..Thai airways have a direct flight leaving at 12.30 so just going into afternoon. BA leaves at 1600...

21 minutes ago, Gaztop08 said:

You've not been paying attention.

2 hours ago, GreyMan said:

I did read the T&C before posting.

So if you get it in R in spite of the T&C  then it is an even better deal. Though you only get a 60km allowance, so may have to agree on the extra it would cost to go to Pattaya. Possibly cheaper to a normal taxi.

You may have read part of it, next chapter in the Term and Conditions:

• Booking class R is eligible for the Chauffeur Drive Service only for sectors that start or end in Europe (except Switzerland) or for sectors that start or end the Far East. Eligibility of fare for this service may be checked with the local Oman Air office or travel agent at the time of making a flight reservation.

In BKK I got one time a BMW 5 and one time a kind of Minibus who would have been fine for 4 people.  I would not use the Service for Pattaya. But because I like to stay in Bangkok at the start and end of my Holidays I do use the Service there. 

For somebody flying to Milano and connect to a different Airline there, I highly recommend to use the ViaMilano Service. It's a free Service with some perks and a limited Insurance in case you miss your flight there, because your flight into Milan is late and you have to rebook (I think it maxes out at 2k Euro). You can register online.

ViaMilano Service

4 hours ago, ZRHuser said:

You may have read part of it, next chapter in the Term and Conditions:

• Booking class R is eligible for the Chauffeur Drive Service only for sectors that start or end in Europe (except Switzerland) or for sectors that start or end the Far East. Eligibility of fare for this service may be checked with the local Oman Air office or travel agent at the time of making a flight reservation.

In BKK I got one time a BMW 5 and one time a kind of Minibus who would have been fine for 4 people.  I would not use the Service for Pattaya. But because I like to stay in Bangkok at the start and end of my Holidays I do use the Service there. 

For somebody flying to Milano and connect to a different Airline there, I highly recommend to use the ViaMilano Service. It's a free Service with some perks and a limited Insurance in case you miss your flight there, because your flight into Milan is late and you have to rebook (I think it maxes out at 2k Euro). You can register online.

ViaMilano Service

Indeed the very next paragraph. I stopped reading after the second paragraph. :rolleyes: So a nice extra, even though he might not be able to make use of it.

That ViaMilano website looked so dodgy and poorly put together, that I thought it a fake;

ViaMilano service helps you, thanks to his innovateve flights serch engine, 

But it seems to be legit :)

Alright, so I made the booking with Oman Air but I see no mention about a Chaffeur service, is this part of the package in the end? My waiting airports are Muscat, Milan and Bangkok, does the airline have lounges in all of these? sorry guys I have never done this. 

9 minutes ago, Mishko said:

Alright, so I made the booking with Oman Air but I see no mention about a Chaffeur service, is this part of the package in the end? My waiting airports are Muscat, Milan and Bangkok, does the airline have lounges in all of these? sorry guys I have never done this. 

Muscat & Bangkok they have lounges I would think in Milan they will give you a voucher for one of the Premium Lounges. There is also link to the chauffeur do not think it is available in Milan. 

http://www.omanair.com/en/flying-us/business-class/oman-air-lounges

http://www.omanair.com/en/flying-with-us/business-class/chauffeur-drive-service

1 hour ago, mbamber said:

Muscat & Bangkok they have lounges I would think in Milan they will give you a voucher for one of the Premium Lounges. There is also link to the chauffeur do not think it is available in Milan. 

http://www.omanair.com/en/flying-us/business-class/oman-air-lounges

http://www.omanair.com/en/flying-with-us/business-class/chauffeur-drive-service

Thanks for the info mbamber, their website is fucking rubbish. Chauffer requests cannot be sent through because of site glitches. 

Then when I go to edit passenger information, I am displayed a menu of meal choice, that had "Vegetarian Hindu Meal" selected by default. 

The options are mostly for people with diet restrictions (bar the Seafood preference) I am forced to choose one, there is no blank. What if I wanted beef or lamb? It's rubbish, I am definitely less than impressed by this. 

meal.jpg

28 minutes ago, Mishko said:

Thanks for the info mbamber, their website is fucking rubbish. Chauffer requests cannot be sent through because of site glitches. 

Then when I go to edit passenger information, I am displayed a menu of meal choice, that had "Vegetarian Hindu Meal" selected by default. 

The options are mostly for people with diet restrictions (bar the Seafood preference) I am forced to choose one, there is no blank. What if I wanted beef or lamb? It's rubbish, I am definitely less than impressed by this. 

meal.jpg

With emirates you get the standard meal in Business class which is a choice of 3 when I flew, but on the website you choose the special diet meals do not know how Oman Air operates.

Archived