IGNORED

Flight Prices Increasing

Rainsberger

On 7/20/2017 at 1:21 PM, QUIM_SLAYER said:

I haven't really noticed an increase. 

Just looked at skyscanner and flights for mid Feb 2018 from Manchester to BKK are coming in at £430-470 for with Qatar, Ethiad and Emirates.

I'd never use Ethiad again personally because my luggage took 2 days to follow me. TWICE!

I don't know if this was because my hand luggage was swabbed at Manchester and shown traces of a combustible element. Fuck knows what it was as my hand luggage bag was brand new and unused both times I used their flights. Maybe they held my suitcase back for further screening or something? Was fucking pissed off as I was given no explanation as to why it was held back. 2 days later it was delivered to my hotel room though.

For your info baggage at Manchester Airport is sub-contracted to Companies like Swissport !!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Prices starting to drop a bit, I have just booked for September £402 with Etihad from Manchester.

6 hours ago, tatman said:

Prices starting to drop a bit, I have just booked for September £402 with Etihad from Manchester.

Is your booking direct with Eithad ?

What dates ?

Layover times in Abu Dhabi ?

1 hour ago, brownmanc said:

Is your booking direct with Eithad ?

What dates ?

Layover times in Abu Dhabi ?

PA.JPG

Thanks Greyman,   I!m on the 09-00 14th september -2nd  October good layovers, booked with Travel trolley.

Last time i looked i think Etihad!s price was £480

once you get past a return date that includes august esp the end of august start of sept when the uk schools go back then flights to and from there have less demand. less demand = a lower price

1 hour ago, tatman said:

Thanks Greyman,   I!m on the 09-00 14th september -2nd  October good layovers, booked with Travel trolley.

Layover? We are British! Stopover! :)

12 hours ago, tatman said:

The best of luck with Travel Trolley

Maybe I should start a new thread but what's Travel Trolley like?  Netflights my usual agent are letting me down and I want to get two flights booked by the end of the week. Travel Trolley prices look cheaper for October/November

1 hour ago, brownmanc said:

my group from uk use travel trolley every single time never an issue never a flight cost change wouldnt like to guess how many they have had but certainly well in excess of 100 tickets probably nearer 150....travel up is the one to be aware of

11 hours ago, brownmanc said:

Southall Travel are behind Travel Trolley. Long established.

I would guess that any problem may be with people who don't know the fare conditions of their ticket.

And just like British Gas prices the average economy return flight appear to have magically gone up by about £30 overnight. It is a new month:NoNo3:

9 minutes ago, Roving Rover said:

And just like British Gas prices the average economy return flight appear to have magically gone up by about £30 overnight. It is a new month:NoNo3:

Nope. Just the same as yesterday. Perhaps the Etihad cheap seats have sold out. Other airlines, such as Turkish, same as yesterday, £427.

4 hours ago, GreyMan said:

Nope. Just the same as yesterday. Perhaps the Etihad cheap seats have sold out. Other airlines, such as Turkish, same as yesterday, £427.

Not where I'm looking Netflights and Travel Trolley November 1 and January 30th from Manchester. Wouldn't touch Turkish with a barge pole!!  Oman might be nice but 9am flight home from Suvarnabhumi puts me off. Qatar and Etihad sales have disappeared

14 hours ago, Roving Rover said:

Not where I'm looking Netflights and Travel Trolley November 1 and January 30th from Manchester. Wouldn't Touch Turkish with a barge pole!!  Oman might be nice but 9am flight home from Suvarnabhumi puts me off. Qatar and Etihad sales have disappeared

Oman have an evening flight as well (think now its 7/7) out of Bangkok which connects with london and manchester

19 hours ago, Roving Rover said:

Not where I'm looking Netflights and Travel Trolley November 1 and January 30th from Manchester. Wouldn't Touch Turkish with a barge pole!!  Oman might be nice but 9am flight home from Suvarnabhumi puts me off. Qatar and Etihad sales have disappeared

why not turkish?never used them but i want to book for next year and their prices are very good.

32 minutes ago, iron said:

why not turkish?never used them but i want to book for next year and their prices are very good.

They get good reviews I nearly booked last year but it was about the time of the attempted coup so booked Emirates. Things have settled down now.

Turkish are OK, not on same level as Emirates but just so so. Istanbul airport is turd though, nearly as bad as Manchester. 

7 minutes ago, Lancsman1976 said:

Turkish are OK, not on same level as Emirates but just so so. Istanbul airport is turd though, namely as bad as Manchester. 

Last time stuck in a queue in Manchester @ 0400 hrs about a month ago I said to some people they were building up the queue's ready to charge for a fast track arrivals, guess what they started fast track on arrival this week. :NoNo3:

2 hours ago, mbamber said:

Last time stuck in a queue in Manchester @ 0400 hrs about a month ago I said to some people they were building up the queue's ready to charge for a fast track arrivals, guess what they started fast track on arrival this week. :NoNo3:

Yeah I've seen that. I won't be bothering, I'm never in any rush to get home 

Paid £460 for Easter 2017 Emirates London Gatwick to Bangkok (booked in July 2016)

Looking at booking same flight Easter 2018 and is showing £785 , priced hiked up for Easter as all dates before or after are £460 ish - Hopefully price will drop , any advice guys ?

6 minutes ago, horshamhammer said:

Paid £460 for Easter 2017 Emirates London Gatwick to Bangkok (booked in July 2016)

Looking at booking same flight Easter 2018 and is showing £785 , priced hiked up for Easter as all dates before or after are £460 ish - Hopefully price will drop , any advice guys ?

You have to watch daily, and be ready to pounce.

15 minutes ago, horshamhammer said:

If you are planning to travel  on a Fri/Sat it is dearer. Emirates web site allow you to do a search +/- 3 days using other dates can change the price by £300.

Archived