IGNORED

Flight Prices Increasing

Rainsberger

Hi Guys

Looking at prices for next trip and finding it most difficult with increasing prices, it does

not matter whether in August, September or October prices are much higher than

last year. In March it was £350 and May was £370 both with Etihad Airways.

Now with Etihad it's £460 and Qatar it's 480, and with flying from Heathrow direct

it's £500 plus with Eva just £10 cheaper.

Looks like i will just have to keep trying for a bargain prices excluding Air India.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just booked for November from Manchester with Emirates same as last November worked out slightly cheaper about 3%. One thing I did notice Emirates price has been the same since Feb last year it changed every month. As I have booked I expect they will have a sale in the next few weeks. :D

If you book direct with Emirates UK in the box that says Promotional offer enter UKVOUCH supposed to be valid until 13/7/2017 but used the same code last year for my March flight they keep the same code gives a 5% discount.

Recent article in Melbourne newspaper 'The Age' said that as a general rule prices are lowest abut 8-6 weeks before the flight.

Earlier, the carriers do not feel an incentive to reduce the price. Later, the plane bookings are coming in so the carrier feels more optimistic about filling the seats.

I think that momondo has helpful information.

18 hours ago, Roving Rover said:

With the £ continuing to perform poorly against the Baht it's not looking good for my late Autumn/Winter

Nothing to do with the baht thats completely flat and it has been against the reserve currency for several years. Its Sterling/Dollar thats causing the problem worldwide and of course oil is priced in dollars as well re flights not helping

Flight to Bangkok from my country have always been ridiculously cheap...less than SGD$200.  (budget airline AirAsia)

I think it's all thanks to the martial law some years back and politics...and occasional bomb attacks.

The prices went down after martial law and never quite recovered.

Be Safe, not Sorry!
Buy Home HIV Test Kits to check yourself or your partner. 

Logo JPEG small.jpg
Order now at www.testhivstatus.com

Convenient, Easy to Use, Reliable, with Total Privacy.
International Shipping.

Also Available: Test Kits for Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Syphilis and Hepatitis B.

On 19/06/2017 at 0:10 PM, Rainsberger said:

Hi Guys

Looking at prices for next trip and finding it most difficult with increasing prices, it does

not matter whether in August, September or October prices are much higher than

last year. In March it was £350 and May was £370 both with Etihad Airways.

Now with Etihad it's £460 and Qatar it's 480, and with flying from Heathrow direct

it's £500 plus with Eva just £10 cheaper.

Looks like i will just have to keep trying for a bargain prices excluding Air India.

Hello mate. I too am looking for flights this year(October)

Ive seen China Southern at £330-£350 atm (Dreamliner 787 LON>CAN))

Not sure if i want to fly with them though so im going to hold tight til next month and see if other airlines come down in price.

My advice is to hold tight for now and wait a while before booking.

Good luck.

15 hours ago, farman said:

Hello mate. I too am looking for flights this year(October)

Ive seen China Southern at £330-£350 atm (Dreamliner 787 LON>CAN))

Not sure if i want to fly with them though so im going to hold tight til next month and see if other airlines come down in price.

My advice is to hold tight for now and wait a while before booking.

Good luck.

avoid them like the plague. Qatar are now coming in £385 ish re op dates

1 hour ago, OmarB said:

Hi thanks for your input,  have you had any experience flying China Southern?

Qatar on their a380s are good at £385ish

Cheers mate.

14 minutes ago, farman said:

Hi thanks for your input,  have you had any experience flying China Southern?

Qatar on their a380s are good at £385ish

Cheers mate.

twice used china southern albeit someone else was paying but overall experience i would put 1/10

I'm in this boat as well , looking at going for Halloween last October £340 on Qatar, this April £350 on etihad. 

Now £450+ on all decent carriers .

Im sitting it out till they drop to less than 400

Just in case you didn't know......make sure you clear out cookies after each search. Do it manually or use something like CCleaner to do it auto'.

Airlines have been known to increase flight prices if you do multiple searches for the same dates and destination as they think your desperate to travel on that day and so likely to pay more for the ticket.

Yes, definitely agree with the OP on the price increase. I always fly direct from London (low season), so the carriers for me are Thai & Eva as I don't like BA. Last Nov & Feb this year I paid just under £480 with Thai, currently about £530 plus. With the current low exchange rate (GPB/Baht) hapy to wait for a lower fare.

Paid 850 CDN last year and this year 980 so up about 15%. Thanks for info on clearing cookies with have to try that, maybe the reason I paid more this year.

Paid 850 CDN last year and this year 980 so up about 15%. Thanks for info on clearing cookies with have to try that, maybe the reason I paid more this year.

What time of year is your flight? Also flying from where in Canada?

11 hours ago, OmarB said:

I would certainly like to know where these £385 ish flights with Qatar Airways are for

September and October currently showing at £440 plus, will not fly with China Airways,

China Southern or Air India which are the cheapest at the moment.

9 hours ago, adamjscott said:

What time of year is your flight? Also flying from where in Canada?

Late Oct. flying out of Calgary

11 hours ago, Rainsberger said:

I would certainly like to know where these £385 ish flights with Qatar Airways are for

September and October currently showing at £440 plus, will not fly with China Airways,

they were via crystal travel and travel trolley at time of post

12 hours ago, Rainsberger said:

My coming november flight, out of manchester with qatar, was £316. Short layovers in doha too.

1 hour ago, taylor1975 said:

My coming november flight, out of manchester with qatar, was £316. Short layovers in doha too.

Well prices have certainly increased now from London, with Crystal travel now today for September and October prices are from £450.20 upwards and Travel Trolley they are from £463.77 upwards.

These prices are for Qatar Airways no where near the £385 ish mentioned above.

As of June the 1st all the flights including Qatar rocketed up .

£385 the price was on May 31st and £450 plus June 1st . Wish I'd booked the flight at the end of May . 

Ive done checks thought the months and it seems the £450 mark is the going rate for the Middle East airlines now . 

Its put me off booking but on a plus note last holidays girlfriend has offered to put me up in her condo . So that's a bonus but not sure I wanna spend the whole holiday with her . 

Dont sky scanner December or January your looking £700 on Qatar . 

As of June the 1st all the flights including Qatar rocketed up .

£385 the price was on May 31st and £450 plus June 1st . Wish I'd booked the flight at the end of May . 

Ive done checks thought the months and it seems the £450 mark is the going rate for the Middle East airlines now . 

Its put me off booking but on a plus note last holidays girlfriend has offered to put me up in her condo . So that's a bonus but not sure I wanna spend the whole holiday with her . 

Dont sky scanner December or January your looking £700 on Qatar . 

Same here everything against us at the moment higher flight prices rubbish pound for exchange

thai baht will just have to wait and hope things change.

If the prices remains high I hate to think what prices will be for xmas and new year.

Prices will go down before fall.  It's summer now with summer prices. I have NEVER bought airline tickets 6 months in advance before trip.  Wait it out.  20+ trips since 2009. 

Seems to have gone very quite with Airline's not offering bargains i

know it's summer now but nothing coming for Sept and Oct yet.

Prices still high for those months..

Archived