Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Flight Prices Increasing

Rainsberger

12 minutes ago, Rainsberger said:

Seems to have gone very quite with Airline's not offering bargains i

know it's summer now but nothing coming for Sept and Oct yet.

Prices still high for those months..

i booked for sept through to mid oct . i didnt think prices were too bad ?

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

loooked the last few days  ..its gone sky high...but fuel cost lower

Have I got any chance of getting a last minute flight in August from LHR to BKK at a decent price? I paid £450 for a direct flight in March, I've been looking but right now in August it's about double that. Is this usual summer time type increases from UK?

just stuck random dates into travel supermarket for late october and plenty of carriers and flights from £3xx london bangkok qatar now gone to £412.

Gulf air standard connections £392

Oman air standard connections £422

China Southern if you're brave £331  !!

Travel trolley for random dates 30 /31st october outbound

Just hold on to book senseless booking and paying months in advance unless you're absolutely stuck on specific dates. Emirates Oman Etihad Qatar will all be back to £3xx come end of august rest assured. Oil is coming down in price not rising

On 29 June 2017 at 4:20 PM, jollygumpster said:

Have I got any chance of getting a last minute flight in August from LHR to BKK at a decent price? I paid £450 for a direct flight in March, I've been looking but right now in August it's about double that. Is this usual summer time type increases from UK?

School holidays prices will be higher

On 25/06/2017 at 0:45 PM, OmarB said:

twice used china southern albeit someone else was paying but overall experience i would put 1/10

Skytrax rate them 8/10

Where did you fly from? I was looking at flights from London on their Dreamliner to CAN. Okay the flight from CAN>BKK may be a nightmare but I can handle that for a couple of hours  IF and only IF I choose to fly China Southern @£350ish.

On 26/06/2017 at 10:39 AM, OmarB said:

they were via Crystal travel and travel trolley at time of post

No they weren't i checked

Emirates are available for £420ish end of October

BA also available direct £490ish again end of October

Are BA really that bad? They are one airline I have never flown with, £490 seems like a good price to me direct but then i guess i could always pay £40 more and fly Thai.

11 hours ago, farman said:

Skytrax rate them 8/10

Where did you fly from? I was looking at flights from London on their Dreamliner to CAN. Okay the flight from CAN>BKK may be a nightmare but I can handle that for a couple of hours  IF and only IF I choose to fly China Southern @£350ish.

No they weren't i checked

lol this an information board. Why would I write that if it wasn't true ??   Are my other figures wrong as well on the other post re Oman Gulf and china southern ??    Read what I said "at time of post"   Prices change by the hour up and down

14 hours ago, OmarB said:

lol this an information board. Why would I write that if it wasn't true ??   Are my other figures wrong as well on the other post re Oman Gulf and china southern ??    Read what I said "at time of post"   Prices change by the hour up and down

:D

Random search end of October 29th Eva for weeks now down to £487.....hold off booking I can personally guarantee it will get much cheaper.

BA same date £478

9 hours ago, OmarB said:

Random search end of October 29th Eva for weeks now down to £487.....hold off booking I can personally guarantee it will get much cheaper.

BA same date £478

Hope your right have accommodation booked for 2nd November for 4 weeks and no flights booked yet they are still to high for me.

Etihad £485, Emirates £486 and Qatar £495 Ok cheaper with the lowest agents.

At the moment i can get Thai Airways direct for £464 using a £50 voucher off the price but I'm still hoping these prices come down but not much movement at the moment are all flights full up.

Yeah that's when I want to book around 30/31 Oct for 3-4 weeks. Manchester to Bangkok economy just got even more expensive in the past couple of weeks as Qatar sale now finished. Looking at Etihad cheapest in the £470+ range. I honestly think they will get more expensive.

11 hours ago, Rainsberger said:

Hope your right have accommodation booked for 2nd November for 4 weeks and no flights booked yet they are still to high for me.

At the moment i can get Thai Airways direct for £464 using a £50 voucher off the price but I'm still hoping these prices come down but not much movement at the moment are all flights full up.

I've a little tip for you if you are up for it.

You can fly direct with BA for less but it involves a day trip the day before in Barcelona or Madrid.

So you buy a one way flight to Barcelona from London:

Add1a.jpg

No need to take any luggage with you. Choose one that gives you time to have a little look around the city, as you'll be flying back home at 8.25pm;

Add1.jpg

Then you go home after your day out. The next day, pack and shower and out the door to catch your flight to BKK. Check in your luggage and off you go. On the way back there is a change of airport, so they'll give your your luggage. Take your luggage and go home.

Direct flights for a song and a free city break on the side.

Total flight cost from £350. 

56 minutes ago, GreyMan said:

I've a little tip for you if you are up for it.

You can fly direct with BA for less but it involves a day trip the day before in Barcelona or Madrid.

So you buy a one way flight to Barcelona from London:

Add1a.jpg

No need to take any luggage with you. Choose one that gives you time to have a little look around the city, as you'll be flying back home at 8.25pm;

Add1.jpg

Then you go home after your day out. The next day, pack and shower and out the door to catch your flight to BKK. Check in your luggage and off you go. On the way back there is a change of airport, so they'll give your your luggage. Take your luggage and go home.

Direct flights for a song and a free city break on the side.

Total flight cost from £350. 

being polite but who the hell wants to phaff about like that to save £100 never mind the extra day !!   If guys are so short of cash to be concerned about the flight prices then god only knows what happens to them if they have any real problem 6000 miles from home

12 hours ago, Rainsberger said:

Am at loss here where you are seeing emirates and qatar at £486 and £495  ??   Am looking at £432 and £420 respectively from normal online agents ive used numerous times

Right using same dates outbound 29th October. Direct numbers with travel trolley not even going via skyscanner so probably even cheaper there

Gulf  £401   standard connections. Surely that price is acceptable ??   As I said earlier its only start of july you're not going for another 4 months !!  Relax  !  I rarely book any flights longer than 2 weeks in advance

Booked yesterday BKK - LHR with Oman Air via Muscat 19775 THB inclusive return in September.

Booked through Expedia Thailand on my mobile. Some companies offer extra % discount for mobile bookings.

It's all about timing as prices change every day and during the day.

I like them, as juicy as a freshwater clam!

38 minutes ago, OmarB said:

being polite but who the hell wants to phaff about like that to save £100 never mind the extra day !!   If guys are so short of cash to be concerned about the flight prices then god only knows what happens to them if they have any real problem 6000 miles from home

Who cares about your opinion??

If it suits you, fine. If it doesn't, move right along. No one asked for your opinion.

I don't understand why people like you feel the need to post the same old negative BS.

What if someone hasn't been to Barcelona and would like to take a look anyway?

6 minutes ago, GreyMan said:

Who cares about your opinion??

If it suits you, fine. If it doesn't, move right along. No one asked for your opinion.

I don't understand why people like you feel the need to post the same old negative BS.

What if someone hasn't been to Barcelona and would like to take a look anyway?

So tell me how much you earn a day ???   Lets be generous and say only £100 a day uk average. You're taking an additional day off work. Continue making yourself look foolish if you want

9 minutes ago, JuicyClamLover said:

Booked yesterday BKK - LHR with Oman Air via Muscat 19775 THB inclusive return in September.

Booked through Expedia Thailand on my mobile. Some companies offer extra % discount for mobile bookings.

It's all about timing as prices change every day and during the day.

excellent price considering its the reverse booking anything under 20k is good

Just now, OmarB said:

So tell me how much you earn a day ???   Lets be generous and say only £100 a day uk average. You're taking an additional day off work. Continue making yourself look foolish if you want

What has any of this to do with you??

Why do you feel the need to stick your nose in other people's business? Do you have no life of your own?

It will suit those who it will suit. For the others. like yourself mind your own business.

1 minute ago, GreyMan said:

What has any of this to do with you??

Why do you feel the need to stick your nose in other people's business? Do you have no life of your own?

It will suit those who it will suit. For the others. like yourself mind your own business.

Comedy Gold mate was actually expecting you to retort and say cheeky bastard I earn £300 a day. Now just for you I will explain. This is information board. If someone puts up something so ludicrous on a flight thread which at the end of the day will make the bottom line price more expensive for the passenger dont be at all surprised if someone points it to you...End of

1 minute ago, OmarB said:

Comedy Gold mate was actually expecting you to retort and say cheeky bastard I earn £300 a day. Now just for you I will explain. This is information board. If someone puts up something so ludicrous on a flight thread which at the end of the day will make the bottom line price more expensive for the passenger dont be at all surprised if someone points it to you...End of

If you want to talk about people making them selves look foolish.... Let's just take you imbecilic premise seriously for a moment.

He stated that he has accommodation booked from the 2nd of November for four weeks. That means he will possibly arrive home on a Friday. Not everyone will work on a weekend, so taking an extra day doesn't mean losing a day's pay. Especially if you decide to kick off on a weekend in the first place.

So that is just one scenario where your assertion is just wrong.

But moreover, who gives a sh1t as to how much you earn or whether it suits you or not?

Do you think others are unable to decide for themselves whether it suits their circumstances?

Personally I earn four times the amount you do just from the rent of commercial property. Every day.

So taking a day trip or a city break doesn't cost me lost wages. So that is just another scenario.

Then there are the guys who are retired, so have lots of time on their hands who might like to take a look at Barcelona or Madrid virtually for free and then have direct flights to BKK, all for £350.

So once again, it might suit some. It doesn't have to suit you.

So why don't you stop making a pratt of yourself? You don't speak for everyone here. 

Firstly i am a retired person not earning £100 a day or £300 and i don't want

a day trip to Barcelona or Madrid thank you. When i went in March i paid

£350 and in May i paid £370 for my flights to Bangkok for 1 Month stays

The same flights today with Etihad are £500 plus a very big diffirence on my

previous flights and Emirates not much better. I checked Travel Trolley and even

Qatar was £528 for my dates don't know where the £450 flights got to.

Been looking ever since returned from last trip on June 8th but nothing

moving downwards as yet.

5 hours ago, Rainsberger said:

Firstly i am a retired person not earning £100 a day or £300 and i don't want

a day trip to Barcelona or Madrid thank you. When i went in March i paid

£350 and in May i paid £370 for my flights to Bangkok for 1 Month stays

The same flights today with Etihad are £500 plus a very big diffirence on my

previous flights and Emirates not much better. I checked Travel Trolley and even

Qatar was £528 for my dates don't know where the £450 flights got to.

Been looking ever since returned from last trip on June 8th but nothing

moving downwards as yet.

Up to you, as they say. It is an option for a direct flight if you wanted to lock one in. Take it or leave it.

Of course if you live in Plymouth, it will not be suitable for you anyhow.

October/November is not a particularly attractive season, so I don't imagine that you won't find a cheaper flight that suits you, along the way.  There is still time. Maybe after the summer.

Archived