Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Flight Prices Increasing

Rainsberger

buddy just picked up Oman October 31st evening departures both ends standard connections 6 week trip at £406 off travel trolley

edited still available on travel supermarket same price but moved to £411 on travel trolley own site

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Various airlines are working on reducing prices on flights. Ryanair was the first Airbus has come up with designs and other companies it is getting the regulators to approve them when they do I am sure prices will come down more. Boieng 777 studies have been done and 11 abreast is possible and if done with the new seat designs which allow a pitch of 23" could allow more premium seats for sale with still carrying the same if not more Economy passengers.  

An Italian design

Italian firm Aviointeriors designed the ‘Skyrider’ seat, which was inspired by saddles used by cowboys

On 06/07/2017 at 1:47 AM, GreyMan said:

If you want to talk about people making them selves look foolish.... Let's just take you imbecilic premise seriously for a moment.

He stated that he has accommodation booked from the 2nd of November for four weeks. That means he will possibly arrive home on a Friday. Not everyone will work on a weekend, so taking an extra day doesn't mean losing a day's pay. Especially if you decide to kick off on a weekend in the first place.

So that is just one scenario where your assertion is just wrong.

But moreover, who gives a sh1t as to how much you earn or whether it suits you or not?

Do you think others are unable to decide for themselves whether it suits their circumstances?

Personally I earn four times the amount you do just from the rent of commercial property. Every day.

So taking a day trip or a city break doesn't cost me lost wages. So that is just another scenario.

Then there are the guys who are retired, so have lots of time on their hands who might like to take a look at Barcelona or Madrid virtually for free and then have direct flights to BKK, all for £350.

So once again, it might suit some. It doesn't have to suit you.

So why don't you stop making a pratt of yourself? You don't speak for everyone here. 

I personally guarantee lad you dont earn 4 times as much as me.....!!  I'd be VERY surprised if their is a single board member in "Employed" status who earns more than I do currently just coming up to retire in August this year. If there is wont be you !!

2 hours ago, mbamber said:

Various airlines are working on reducing prices on flights. Ryanair was the first Airbus has come up with designs and other companies it is getting the regulators to approve them when they do I am sure prices will come down more. Boieng 777 studies have been done and 11 abreast is possible and if done with the new seat designs which allow a pitch of 23" could allow more premium seats for sale with still carrying the same if not more Economy passengers.  

An Italian design

Italian firm Aviointeriors designed the ‘Skyrider’ seat, which was inspired by saddles used by cowboys

Milking%2520Parlor_0.jpg

No Chance. Not that i fly economy except when there is no choice (in country jump flights). I would never demean myself my sitting on one of those things like a fecking cow in a milking stall. 

2 hours ago, OmarB said:

I personally guarantee lad you dont earn 4 times as much as me.....!!  I'd be VERY surprised if their is a single board member in "Employed" status who earns more than I do currently just coming up to retire in August this year. If there is wont be you !!

I retired before I was thirty and that's the truth. I don't need to know nor care how much you earn.

But I am reasonably confident that I earn more than you, doing nothing.

That's why I can afford to spend my time helping others.

The whole thread is about saving money and passing on tips to save money. Not for you to pass judgement on the character of people who might want to save £100.

All the more ironic when you are on here suggesting that people should hold out in order to save even less. Max £50.

I passed on a tip that might have saved some people  at least that much and allowed them to book their flights right now, instead of wringing their hands every day hoping that flight prices will go down.

But you were first with the negativity. Why? Is to sit on your hands the only way?

Remember that you are just a banker. You don't know it all.

2 hours ago, OmarB said:

this post reminds me of the hard man saying "no fucka can beat me up" just before he gets knocked out. 

Omar... if you are Bill Gates then your post is fair enough. As you clearly are not, shut the fuck up and stop being a dick. You haven't got a clue about the personal circumstances of any of the members on here, and for all we know you might be a fake Rolex seller living in a filth filled squat in ChungKing mansions. So don't be a dick. 

Maybe I should start a new thread with ' Flights decreasing'.

Coming in fast and furious now for my Dec. trip...China £413. and Gulf Air £420.

On 17/07/2017 at 3:03 PM, pseudolus said:

this post reminds me of the hard man saying "no fucka can beat me up" just before he gets knocked out. 

Omar... if you are Bill Gates then your post is fair enough. As you clearly are not, shut the fuck up and stop being a dick. You haven't got a clue about the personal circumstances of any of the members on here, and for all we know you might be a fake Rolex seller living in a filth filled squat in ChungKing mansions. So don't be a dick. 

lol no dick buddy with a salary i can be sure nobody in employed status would match and I'd imagine my bank bonus in 2016 was only bettered in salary itself by maybe a handful here. If you read another thread same sub forum you'll also see that I'm retiring next month and moving back to uk and as such for the first time (for a long time) I have to pay for my own flights hence interest in these threads

I haven't really noticed an increase. 

Just looked at skyscanner and flights for mid Feb 2018 from Manchester to BKK are coming in at £430-470 for with Qatar, Ethiad and Emirates.

I'd never use Ethiad again personally because my luggage took 2 days to follow me. TWICE!

I don't know if this was because my hand luggage was swabbed at Manchester and shown traces of a combustible element. Fuck knows what it was as my hand luggage bag was brand new and unused both times I used their flights. Maybe they held my suitcase back for further screening or something? Was fucking pissed off as I was given no explanation as to why it was held back. 2 days later it was delivered to my hotel room though.

3 minutes ago, QUIM_SLAYER said:

I haven't really noticed an increase. 

Just looked at skyscanner and flights for mid Feb 2018 from Manchester to BKK are coming in at £430-470 for with Qatar, Ethiad and Emirates.

I'd never use Ethiad again personally because my luggage took 2 days to follow me. TWICE!

I don't know if this was because my hand luggage was swabbed at Manchester and shown traces of a combustible element. Fuck knows what it was as my hand luggage bag was brand new and unused both times I used their flights. Maybe they held my suitcase back for further screening or something? Was fucking pissed off as I was given no explanation as to why it was held back. 2 days later it was delivered to my hotel room though.

Not lost bags through Manchester yet, but inbound Immigration is a pain.

59 minutes ago, OmarB said:

lol no dick buddy with a salary i can be sure nobody in employed status would match and I'd imagine my bank bonus in 2016 was only bettered in salary itself by maybe a handful here. If you read another thread same sub forum you'll also see that I'm retiring next month and moving back to uk and as such for the first time (for a long time) I have to pay for my own flights hence interest in these threads

Really? But as you are such a mega legend, surely you wouldn't give a toss about flight prices. I couldn't give a damn, but there again, I am only a poor self employed bloke who doesn't know anything. 

Found your movie matey 

Image result for secret life of walter mitty 1947

17 minutes ago, mbamber said:

Not lost bags through Manchester yet, but inbound Immigration is a pain.

Those new automated scanners ....and only 3 of them working last month. Took bloody ages to get through.

59 minutes ago, taylor1975 said:

Those new automated scanners ....and only 3 of them working last month. Took bloody ages to get through.

Closed altogether last week in T1 when I got home from Tenerife and about 2 months was walking down all the zigzag barriers and behind they then opened  up the auto scanners so people at the back of the queue were processed first.

Well could not wait any longer today booked my flights for November but have not booked

direct with the prices to high for me with BA at £580, Thai at £590 and Eva at £595 stuff that.

Instead have booked with Qatar Airways at £428.37 and includes all 4 legs on the A380'S

and have short stop-overs well pleased and now the long wait. 

This time last year I booked a flight on Thai for the 27th Dec for £567,this year it is showing over £850.Even indirect flights on Etihad are £670.Plus a worse exchange rate too,it's getting expensive for an average Joe like me.

This time last year I had booked Thai flight for the same day as you baggy..£420

12 hours ago, baggy67 said:

This time last year I booked a flight on Thai for the 27th Dec for £567,this year it is showing over £850.Even indirect flights on Etihad are £670.Plus a worse exchange rate too,it's getting expensive for an average Joe like me.

Surely it is the inbound date that makes it expensive, not the outbound.

2 hours ago, jellybean said:

This time last year I had booked Thai flight for the same day as you baggy..£420

Yes, but coming back when? That is what makes the difference.

£420 thats a beautiful number.Im not that flexible on the return dates roughly 10-13th Jan I guess thats prime time.Gulf Air at £522 may have to do.Then my first night In town I get carried away and get through about 4 days budget.Its futile me trying to save money.

46 minutes ago, baggy67 said:

£420 thats a beautiful number.Im not that flexible on the return dates roughly 10-13th Jan I guess thats prime time.Gulf Air at £522 may have to do.Then my first night In town I get carried away and get through about 4 days budget.Its futile me trying to save money.

Gulf Air aren't bad.

55 minutes ago, baggy67 said:

29 years ago in 1988 after a lot of hunting about.................pre internet.................i booked with gulf on a noisy as hell tristar and it cost me exactly 500 pounds.

1 minute ago, striderman said:

29 years ago in 1988 after a lot of hunting about.................pre internet.................i booked with gulf on a noisy as hell tristar and it cost me exactly 500 pounds.

£22 dearer I bet you wished it was the good old days of cheaper flights :D:D

1 hour ago, baggy67 said:

Perhaps you can do 27th to the 14th and go straight to work from the airport. :) That drops the price down to £439 with Gulf Air. Easily covers another day's spending money.

Of course the two week millionaires may tell you something different.

That would be doable as I live 15 mins from the airport,I work at the airport & am self employed so in theory could start when I want.Will check that out.Cheers.

Archived