Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Flight Prices Increasing

Rainsberger

For the past 6 or 7 months I've been looking from Manchester Oman Air has consistently been the cheapest by some distance. Now showing £410 for May which is actually cheaper than its been for a while. I set off with Oman in 12 days and paid £440 when I booked July/Aug. Out of the four Mid East carriers that fly out of Manchester Oman is IMO the worst on economy with Qatar the best. What I like about Oman at the moment is their planes are half full and they are a new service from Manchester therefore get a very good air crew service. The downside is the crappy Muscat airport and having to go through T2 morgue building work at Manchester where many shops are closed. Also the 9am return flight from Suvarnabhumi.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone tried flymble.com ? When you book with them you don't start paying until after your departure date and its on a monthly basis,  could be perfect for someone wanting to do have 2 trips within a short period.

30 minutes ago, lfc4dp said:

Has anyone tried flymble.com ? When you book with them you don't start paying until after your departure date and its on a monthly basis,  could be perfect for someone wanting to do have 2 trips within a short period.

Just had a quick look for dates I have in mind for a long weekend in May and Kayak come up with a price a little under £600 for a direct BA flight, paying over six months with flymble.com the cost is more than £750.

Obviously something up here but they are offering a deal with EVA that adds up to over £5000.

22 minutes ago, thinkingallowed said:

Just had a quick look for dates I have in mind for a long weekend in May and Kayak come up with a price a little under £600 for a direct BA flight, paying over six months with flymble.com the cost is more than £750.

Obviously something up here but they are offering a deal with EVA that adds up to over £5000.

Not sure about that Eva deal which sounds ridiculous, but when you use middle man sites like this expect some sort of commission or interest added.

26 minutes ago, lfc4dp said:

Not sure about that Eva deal which sounds ridiculous, but when you use middle man sites like this expect some sort of commission or interest added.

With the BA deal you are paying over £100 up front so it is costing you £150 to borrow less than £500 over ten months. The APR on that is 75%, that as you say is some sort of commission!

You guys can check Google Flights to compare price from all the airlines in the world, I felt much easier than skyscanner

https://www.google.co.in/flights/#search;f=LHR,LGW,STN,LTN,LCY,SEN,QQS;t=BKK,DMK;d=2018-03-06;r=2018-03-10;tt=o

Its created by Google themselves.

London to Bangkok >> 259 Pounds >> China Southern >> 1 Stop :Party1: 

Cologne to Bangkok >> 164 Pounds >> EuroWings >> Every Monday & Friday >> Non Stop :ThumbUp6:

2 hours ago, lavista4u said:

You guys can check Google Flights to compare price from all the airlines in the world, I felt much easier than skyscanner

https://www.google.co.in/flights/#search;f=LHR,LGW,STN,LTN,LCY,SEN,QQS;t=BKK,DMK;d=2018-03-06;r=2018-03-10;tt=o

Its created by Google themselves.

London to Bangkok >> 259 Pounds >> China Southern >> 1 Stop :Party1: 

Cologne to Bangkok >> 164 Pounds >> EuroWings >> Every Monday & Friday >> Non Stop :ThumbUp6:

Those prices appear to be for just the outward journey. I often see that but then the return leg is much more expensive.

1 hour ago, Gone-east said:

Those prices appear to be for just the outward journey. I often see that but then the return leg is much more expensive.

London >> BKK >> RETURN >> 414 Pounds

https://www.google.co.in/flights/#search;f=LHR,LGW,STN,LTN,LCY,SEN,QQS;t=BKK,DMK;d=2018-02-04;r=2018-02-08

Yes...but seems to be a bit cheaper than the prices mentioned

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Prices from London to Bangkok Return

Etihad Airways £370 , Qatar Airways £407, British Airways Non-Stop £453,

Eva Airways Non-Stop  £484, Prices February to June from Travel Trolley and others.

Not sure how long these prices will remain, pity for me already booked with

Qatar Airways at £426 for May. 

Since you starting this thread Rainsberger prices look like they have come down a  little from UK since the start of 2018 compared with the big increases from the mid 2017 level. Still have to come down a lot to match the bargains we were getting in 2016 where £350 or less were common.

21 hours ago, Roving Rover said:

Since you starting this thread Rainsberger prices look like they have come down a  little from UK since the start of 2018 compared with the big increases from the mid 2017 level. Still have to come down a lot to match the bargains we were getting in 2016 where £350 or less were common.

Yes, agree with you there but it's not going to happen I'm afraid I think this Etihad price of £372 from both Manchester and London is the best we will get from the Gulf Airlines from now on. I'm very tempted to get an extra trip in for March but my health says no otherwise would jump at this price, so will have to wait 14 weeks for next trip to commence. 

Yes, agree with you there but it's not going to happen I'm afraid I think this Etihad price of £372 from both Manchester and London is the best we will get from the Gulf Airlines from now on. I'm very tempted to get an extra trip in for March but my health says no otherwise would jump at this price, so will have to wait 14 weeks for next trip to commence. 

14 weeks on Friday I fly out , oh my flights gone down from £395 to £386 . Oh well it’s only £9 and had the money then and was happy with the price .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ingot a good deal for June with Qatar from Birmingham.  £430.   Happy with that.  

12 hours ago, stephens07 said:

14 weeks on Friday I fly out , oh my flights gone down from £395 to £386 . Oh well it’s only £9 and had the money then and was happy with the price .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least you saved more than me i paid £426 with Qatar and could have booked with Etihad for £372 never mind still think i got a good price and did not want to wait until it went up, roll on 14 weeks today.

Archived