Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Moto GP

Kim Jong Il

8 hours ago, biggles said:

I am off to the GF sisters in Manila, before heading to HKK. Wi-fi but No cable so no race on Fox as at home. Anyone know an internet site that will have the race live without a subscription or VPN, please ? 

qualy : https://www.demonoid.pw/files/details/3666260/

eta: just saw you wanted live, this is not live

Edited by Wally Hotvedt

"I'd pork her. Or, if her religion forbade pork, I'd beef her. If it turned out she was a vegetarian, I'd give her an extra firm slab of tofu."

12 hours ago, Pepe Le Pew said:

It was very meaningful in terms of their pace in the wet, which was dire. Also it should have been easier on Rossi's leg as wet riding puts less physical pressure on a rider. That apart he was just behind Vin and he did same in the dry so it was a good indicator of the man, I should have read it better.

When I said "not very meaningful" about FP2  I confess I wasn't even thinking of Rossi.
Like many others I wasn't taking him too seriously for Aragon, nor the C'ship TBH....amazing performance.
No doubt there were some good indicators, not least Lorenzo's performance, but Rossi 'just behind' Vinales didn't occur to me as one, given they were in 17th and 20th.....nicely turned into 1st and 3rd for Quali'.

A great line up and much to play for...just hope Lorenzo doesn't spoil it by clearing off, but wouldn't mind seeing Vinales score well.
WU 14.40 Thai time......Go Cal.   :P

1 minute ago, Edge said:

Go Cal

Mr Lucy, the little garden gnome looking f*cker, always cracks me up.  I'm especially fond of his temper tantrums in the kitty litter when he crashes and yells at the bike/rider/thing that caused him to crash

"I'd pork her. Or, if her religion forbade pork, I'd beef her. If it turned out she was a vegetarian, I'd give her an extra firm slab of tofu."

2 minutes ago, Wally Hotvedt said:

Mr Lucy, the little garden gnome looking f*cker, always cracks me up.  I'm especially fond of his temper tantrums in the kitty litter when he crashes and yells at the bike/rider/thing that caused him to crash

Be nice, he's the best we Brits have got (no, not at interviews nor slicing cheese).

Still, you lot aren't producing too many top guns since the golden years are you ?  :rolleyes:

Just now, Edge said:

Be nice, he's the best we Brits have got (no, not at interviews nor slicing cheese).

Still, you lot aren't producing too many top guns since the golden years are you ?  :rolleyes:

jesus, no way to argue with you, its a mess in yank-ville these days since KR Jr yea?  There are some good things happening in the MotoAmerica series, but right now you've got to be in europe and come through the CEV championship before anybody will look at you for a MotoGP/2/3 ride.  I know the Beaubier family, could love to see Cam get a shot somewhere, kids a great talent, and his younger brother Ezra is a young gun up and comer as well.   Elias having done will in MA might cause some of the excess Euro talent to head across the pond and give MA a go next year.  

But they were the golden years, no doubt.  US millineals are the suck these days, motorcycle industry is slumping outside of SEA, hard to see how things are going to change for the better.  I used to race the AMA pro series against some fun names back in the 90's, these days its just track days and the odd "Formula Old Guy" race a few times a year.  Can't see ever giving it up,  too much fun on the R1 ripping the throttle open and scaring the shit out of myself as the bike slides and lifts the front at the same time.  Good times! 

Not ragging Cal out, but we can both admit he is a bit of an odd duck.  But that is what makes him fun to watch, along with his hulk-a-mania bursts of anger.  And no doubt he's riding well for LCR after bouncing around for so many years.  I watch the BTSport broadcast just to hear them pump the brits up, even Colin's gotten in the game.  Wish Lowes would have gotten a better crew, hard to see a rider go backwards with all the talent coming up and in. 

Thanks Wally, would prefer live but in HKK from tuesdayfor 10 dayssoif the reports are agood race I will watch it anyway....c'mon Valle !! 

Phew !!!

Well done Dani.

Poor Cal.

He didn't win but what Rossi did is just amazing. Just after breaking his right leg 3 weeks ago it's amazing he was even 3rd on the grid and to finish 5th!!!!! Super human effort!!! 

Nice race to watch.

Excellent result for Marquesz especially considering where his competition finished.

Hats off to Rossi who could hardly walk a few days ago.

Lorenzo....best result of the his season, will he manage a win before the end of this season.

That was a good race. Top marks to Marc, he rode the edge all the way. Glad Pedrosa decided to turn up, did everyone notice him removing a tear off at the same moment as OT'ing Rossi lol. Good step progression for Jorge, small step back for Dovi.

Poor Cal, managed to fall off whilst in a dominant 10th place :D:D

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

Wide gulf between BSB and MotoGP, even WSB as well

Having broken a collar bone and tried to race and couldn't do it, I can't  imagine trying to race at the top world level with a broken leg 

• Like 2

cheap thoughts, and bon mots....

interesting that Iannone is struggling coming off one of the harder bikes to ride and onto what is/was considered a well handling Suzuki.  The consensus is that IA29 is an attention whore, more interested in taking sweaty instagram selfies with his thots than riding the bike.  Shame Rins is taking so long to come up to speed after the injuries, makes it hard to see what the bike is really capable of in some sort of head to head - is it the bike?  is it the team/crew/setup?  is it the rider?  Schwantz has been blasting IA29 publicly but it doesn't seem to make much difference and he still hasn't adapted to what should be an easier to rider bike.  

Bradley though has the opposite problem, goes from the easy to ride Yamaha where he has reasonable success to the KTM under the guise of being someone who is methodical/pedantic about working through bike setup issues in order to help KTM sort the bike out and move development forward.  Now is being beaten weekend after weekend by Pol on equiv hardware, and the bike doesn't seem any better, and his career is going backwards

Looking fwd to seeing Jackass on the Ducati next year

and finally, can't understand (I know its about the money he brings with) how Rabat still has a ride next year.  How can a guy go from being on top in Moto2 to riding at the back of the pack for what, 2 years now?  with no improvement, ever.  

oh, wait, wanted to chime in on BSB, because <falls asleep> wait, where was I.... oh, thats right.  Bored.  

I'm a huge Rossi fanboi, but there is no denying that MM93 has a real chance to redefine the record books.  The things he does on that bike while constantly riding it well past the edge ... imagine Marquez on a yamaha vs that heap of shit honda. That said he likes a bike loose and squirrly, and quite a bit of the current Honda character is from his development feed back, much to the dismay of Pedrosa 

Fantastic achievement by Rossi and amazing to still be at the top of his game at 38yo.

Marquez is still WiP but so far so good, with 14 years in hand.

FW(ever)IW it's worth making comparisons at this stage.

Rossi :-

Rossi.thumb.JPG.7f7802c146284770c23927f5b86f2444.JPG

Marquez :-

Marquez.thumb.JPG.dfa72966a0343840c8d525f2e8ba0f11.JPG

But numbers alone, whilst significant don't make legends. Vettel has 4 world champships but no one thinks of him as being as good as Prost and better than Senna. Ditto Schumacher who whilst the winningest driver is never thought of as the 'greatest' other than in terms of outright numbers. You need to do more than click beads on an abacus to achieve a certain status. Marc may do that eventually but I don't think his recent wins and behaviour are putting him there. If you take his 2013/2014 seasons out of context he looked like he was destined for greatness I agree but 2015, 2016 or so far 2017 have been pretty dry in terms of legend points imo.

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

Abuse..........

Edited by Edge

One more............

MotoGP: Jack Miller out of Motegi with broken leg

Jack Miller will miss next weekend's Japanese MotoGP at Motegi after fracturing his right tibia in a training accident.
Miller was riding a trials bike near his European base in Andorra on Friday when he fractured the top of the tibia as he put his right foot down to save a slow front-end crash - a very similar scenario to Valentino Rossi's recent leg fractures, while training on an enduro bike.
The Australian immediately travelled to the Hospital Universitari Dexeus in Barcelona, where he underwent surgery on Saturday morning. A plate and eight screws were inserted to stabilise the fracture..

2 minutes ago, Edge said:

One more............

MotoGP: Jack Miller out of Motegi with broken leg

Jack Miller will miss next weekend's Japanese MotoGP at Motegi after fracturing his right tibia in a training accident.
Miller was riding a trials bike near his European base in Andorra on Friday when he fractured the top of the tibia as he put his right foot down to save a slow front-end crash - a very similar scenario to Valentino Rossi's recent leg fractures, while training on an enduro bike.
The Australian immediately travelled to the Hospital Universitari Dexeus in Barcelona, where he underwent surgery on Saturday morning. A plate and eight screws were inserted to stabilise the fracture..

How is he allowed to "train" on a trials bike in between races?

9 hours ago, Edge said:

Abuse..........

That was so sweet.

You never grabbed a fellow racing competitors front brake lever going into turn 1?

1 minute ago, Skalliwag said:

That was so sweet.

You never grabbed a fellow racing competitors front brake lever going into turn 1?

Very skillful if a little too blatant and obvious.

The Assen move was much cleverer.

3 minutes ago, Edge said:

Very skillful if a little too blatant and obvious.

The Assen move was much cleverer.

Baylis didn't need to be discreet.

he ran directly over my arm.

Mind you,he was handicapped half a lap at start and I had managed to fall off directly in front of him.

5 minutes ago, Skalliwag said:

How is he allowed to "train" on a trials bike in between races?

Most of the top riders do it.....it's where the skills at sliding and 'backing in' come from plus enduro is very good fitness training.......

..............up to a point obviously.

I think Rossi has his own dirt track on the ranch, but that's a lot safer.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Edge said:

Most of the top riders do it.....it's where the skills at sliding and 'backing in' come from plus enduro is very good fitness training.......

..............up to a point obviously.

I think Rossi has his own dirt track on the ranch, but that's a lot safer.

Yeah,he has his own farm.

No way that he would be allowed to train between races.

He fucked up.Nothing he learnt that day training would make him quicker on race day.

Testing would make him quicker.

Bettting he got a massive wrap on the knuckles.

17 minutes ago, Skalliwag said:

Yeah,he has his own farm.

No way that he would be allowed to train between races.

He fucked up.Nothing he learnt that day training would make him quicker on race day.

Testing would make him quicker.

Bettting he got a massive wrap on the knuckles.

Can't find it now but I read an interview with his team boss after the accident.
gist of it was that much as he would like to be able to wrap them in cotton wool, they have no control over how they train.

The big difference here is between enduro racing/training, (which is very unpredictable) and dirt track training, which is obviously much more controlled and safer (I know you knew that).

Now if you're suggesting that they could put clauses in riders' contracts covering dangerous training methods....maybe so, but it doesn't sound like it's the norm.