Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Moto GP

Kim Jong Il

Must admit I was a bit surprised nobody took a chance and started on slicks.

35 minutes ago, Pepe Le Pew said:

No, he lucked into it. Among a sea of poor tyre choices he managed to chose worst (soft wets) yet that meant he won easily. On the feed here we could see every single team readying their bikes at lap one. Seems the whole world knew slicks were the way to go except the guys on the track. If anyone had been brave enough to start the race on slicks they'd have probably won it!

34 minutes ago, Kim Jong Il said:

Must admit I was a bit surprised nobody took a chance and started on slicks.

Should've got up earlier or looked harder.
Good luck together together with pure tactical genius = unbeatable.   

Edited by Edge
daft question?
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Edge said:

Should've got up earlier or looked harder.
Good luck together together with pure tactical genius = unbeatable.   

Tactical genius was last year, Marc won on luck and the tactical idiocy of the rest of the field :Laugh1:

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

9 minutes ago, Pepe Le Pew said:

Tactical genius was last year, Marc won on luck and the tactical idiocy of the rest of the field :Laugh1:

image.png.fb491676f26e08f73ca6c2996a920ec9.png..............................:Think1:

Wishing I'd kept bumping my thread along ATM    

I'm a Yamaha fan rather than Honda but Marc is irresistable.
Maverick looked like bringing it back to Yamaha and still might...and Rossi still so strong.

So, as a Ducati fan, what's your take on Lorenzo....can he do what Rossi failed to do and bring it home for them next year, or won't he last that long?
It's clear that he can ride the damn thing, but equally clear that his confidence is fragile and when it deserts him.........
Your thoughts........ anyone?

I'm not a Ducati fan. When it comes to bikes, and cars for that matter, I tend to be a fan of the peddler rather than the pedals though I do hold a soft spot for Williams.

No one is denying that the pudding got made. the fact it tasted so good though was down to luck not genius, in fact it was a huge tactical error, soft wets, that led to the huge advantage that gave Marc the win. You can't dress it up any other way.

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

2 minutes ago, Pepe Le Pew said:

I'm not a Ducati fan. When it comes to bikes, and cars for that matter, I tend to be a fan of the peddler rather than the pedals though I do hold a soft spot for Williams.

No one is denying that the pudding got made. the fact it tasted so good though was down to luck not genius, in fact it was a huge tactical error, soft wets, that led to the huge advantage that gave Marc the win. You can't dress it up any other way.

Thought you rode a Desmowotsit at one time and had another Duke?

'Proof of the Pudding' lies in his past performances and who wins the C'ship this year.
I've accepted the point, although how quickly he decided what to do about the error was tactical genius and I still don't believe he needed to drop like a stone from 2nd place so dramatically to 10th other than for the reason Mum gave.
I can dress it up how Mum did if I want.....has he got text msging on his bike...the team were so ready.?

image.thumb.png.92df3efd3ea8cae91856ca8e59d29f07.pngPic from Assen

If the rest of the field had at least pitted the next lap you think any of them could have beaten him anyway?

I've still got some Dukes but I've also got a Honda, had an R1, am considering buying another or maybe a BMWS1000RR. Owning a particular make of bike or car does not make me a fan of the race team. As I said I follow riders rather than steeds and even then one of the reasons I like motorsport is, unlike certain ball sports, a large section of fans don't show prejudice or have tribal allegiances. This allows for decent non partisan discussions rather than ones based on 'my team is best whatever'.

Marc won the race, he had pole, he was superfast all weekend and if it had been a dry flag to flag he'd have won anyway. The only dispute was whether the tactics were genius. They weren't. Once his soft tyres started chunking swapping bikes was the only choice, not tactical genius to know that you are on the wrong tyres when you are going backwards is it? If the whole field had swapped at the same time he'd have probably won anyway. Not disputing his speed or unrivalled talent but there is no way he deliberately dropped back to 10th as a clever ruse as he had no way of knowing which of his rivals were also going to change and he wouldn't have wanted to risk giving them a head start. If you look at the pit lane (vid or pics) you can see that almost every single team is out & ready for their riders. They were there from the moment the flag dropped as the track was clearly going to go to slicks and fast. (Ducati may have been on lap 2, I'm not sure but when Lorenzo eventually came in they were taken by surprise! Only the Italians! :) ) If any tactical genius was shown, and I dispute that it was as only starting on slicks would put you in that camp imo, it was shown by the riders who also came in on that lap even though they were not forced to by starting the race on the wrong rubber.

But of course mums are always right, no disputing that :P

RULES

1NQq.gif

Not loyal to any make really and I follow peddlers too...still Rossi and Mav since Suzuki and Maq since way back but not Dani dunno why and never Lor si nce he disrespected Rossi so bad etc etc.

Prob whatever allegiance I have with Yam was brainwashing by my bro and mates plus Yam support for BSB which meant despite riding a Kwak I got turned loose round all the Brit tracks in the lunch break on various Yams...most fun being Mallory on  a Super10 and most exciting a YZF 750 round Oulton Park....happy days.

My guess...tactical genius or not, Maq is set to run away with this now with Vin chasing hard....unless Rossi ....dunno.

I like Pedrosa. It's interesting that despite having a very poor few seasons he rarely gets berated by the press and when he does eventually turn up at a race it's all 'well done Dani, good to see you back'.

This year....well it's too close to call still. Marc, well who would bet against him and if the bike is improved as it indeed looked like it had this weekend then he'll be hard to beat. But you can never rule out the Doctor can you. Vinales? Well clearly he is a rider who needs his head in the game and it hasn't been for a few races. If the Brno result knocks it back online then he could be the challenger...... Forget Lorenzo for this season but the Ducati is still there or thereabouts and once he works out how to ride if fast for more than 3 laps he'll be a danger. A poor showing from him so far? Well I'd say he's done better than both Rossi and Crutchache managed. Dovi still threatens.

One point on the race. The BT sport feed only showed it from 1 angle and clearly the penalty was given to Aleix however on slow down it seemed to me that Ianmoany was the architect of his own misfortune in the pit swap. He looked to be racing down to get ahead of the already departing Redding who he nearly wiped out in the attempt. His line was then too steep and he carried too much speed, braked whilst turning, lifted the rear and fell. My theory is he may well have done that whether Aleix was released or not. I've since seen a vid from another angle and it doesn't change my opinion, But as i said the marshals who were there have far more info than I......

RULES

1NQq.gif

This weekend its the Austrian GP at the Redbullring.

Marquez has his 3rd consecutive pole with the two factory Ducati's making up the rest of the first row.

The top lineup like this:

Pos. # Rider Bike Time Gap
1 93 spain Marc Marquez  Honda 1'23.235  
2 4 italy Andrea Dovizioso  Ducati 1'23.379 0.144
3 99 spain Jorge Lorenzo  Ducati 1'23.621 0.386
4 25 spain Maverick Viñales  Yamaha 1'23.754 0.519
5 9 italy Danilo Petrucci  Ducati 1'23.780 0.545
6 5 france Johann Zarco  Yamaha 1'23.879 0.644
7 46 italy Valentino Rossi  Yamaha 1'23.982 0.747
8 26 spain Dani Pedrosa  Honda 1'23.985 0.750
9 35 united_kingdom Cal Crutchlow  Honda 1'24.024 0.789
10 29 italy Andrea Iannone  Suzuki 1'24.185 0.950
11 17 czech_republic Karel Abraham  Ducati 1'24.220 0.985
12 76 france Loris Baz  Ducati 1'24.483 1.248

We're in for quite the race!

Last week I couldn't believe Vale waiting that one round more to get his god damn tires changed. FUCKING HELL!

He could've won that race. And same shit happened last year, can't remember the track but exact same situation -.-

I just hope he gets to win one more season before he retires!

D

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Close times no excuses for Lor this week surely?

Love to see Pet and Vin up there but really hoping to see Maq do it again.

Lor is an arrogant douche. The only reason I'm not 100% satisfied with his huge failures is that he's running Ducati.

One of Ducati's worst choices imho. They could've got Pet for some change and he would have offered his freakin soul. He loves Ducati and has been their technical test driver for years before starting to race.

The guy making those decisions should get fired.

D

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

What you guys think about the two rookies? Pretty hot shit!

Never seen a rookie go for it like Zar. The other one, Bradel I believe, is also pretty good. Last race he would've battled for podium if it wasn't for the team putting on wrong tires at bikechange :D

God I love MotoGP!

D

Rossi saying that Lor needs a win to save his season was a sweet wind up and he bit 555.

Hope Petrucci twists his tail a bit too.

• Like 1

So far so good.....

20170813_185917.thumb.jpg.646b120b6d59fe9efc84156dfdf8a0ae.jpg

Phew!!!!

Dovi earned that one.

• Like 1

Dovi

Marquesz

Pedrosa

That was a race.

Holy shit that was close. I nearly crashed my lounge chair in that last lap. :)

• 2 weeks later...

This weekend we're off to Silverstone for the British GP.

Final qualifying see's Marquesz take pole with the first ever lap under 2 minutes.

Close on his heels, just 8 one hundredth's of a second behind we have Rossi and in 3rd Carl Crutchlow.

Personal opinion, but looking at Rossi on his quickest lap I just a feeling he could have taken pole if he hadn't met a bit of traffic.

Tomorrow could see a very quick race....weather permitting.

3 minutes ago, Kim Jong Il said:

This weekend we're off to Silverstone for the British GP.

Final qualifying see's Marquesz take pole with the first ever lap under 2 minutes.

Close on his heels, just 8 one hundredth's of a second behind we have Rossi and in 3rd Carl Crutchlow.

Personal opinion, but looking at Rossi on his quickest lap I just a feeling he could have taken pole if he hadn't met a bit of traffic.

Tomorrow could see a very quick race....weather permitting.

Fingers playing up again........that's Cal no 'r' and he will be doing his very best for the Brits, but Rossi has a huge Brit following too.

I'll be rooting for Marquez as usual....what a crazy lap.

Time for Lorenzo to break his Ducati duck.......has to come but I think not tomorrow.

• Like 1

It's spelt 'Crutchache' or 'Miserable Git'. Honda's in race test rider. Does it show that I don't like/rate him? :)

Marc was on the ragged edge due to being run so close. Fantastic to watch but if he has to ride like that in the race.........

• Like 2

RULES

1NQq.gif

Marc braking with his left boot smoking and rear wheel off the ground....nuts lol

Pity about the engine blow but still a good race.

20170827_221249.thumb.jpg.8a687eb5da955bb87ba995383dcf9df1.jpg20170827_221232.thumb.jpg.5240f1f5eb74100c23513feefa4e92eb.jpg

Edited by Edge

I woke up early to watch the European Tour golf,my buddy is a Caddie and he was in second going into final round.

his guy shit the bed,dropped to tenth,so I flicked it on.

Great end to the race....don't get to watch as much as I'd like but still keep a look,in now and then.