IGNORED

Moto GP

Kim Jong Il

Great year for moto gp.  I started watching about two years ago and am hooked.  I hear Buriam is getting a race next year?  Can anyone confirm?  Any more info?   

Just now, gimmesum said:

Great year for moto gp.  I started watching about two years ago and am hooked.  I hear Buriam is getting a race next year?  Can anyone confirm?  Any more info?   

Bangkok Post say yes but Dorna still haven't confirmed it.

They are testing there in February.

• Like 2

Good race.

Looked like Rossi was cruising while the rest were battling it out but once the Honda engine blew and Dovi hit the front that was that.

All closed in a bit at the top now so bodes well for a good rest of the season.

The Thai race deal is all but done, 3 years starting next year, due to be signed this week. https://www.autosport.com/motogp/news/131495/thailand-to-sign-threeyear-motogp-deal

Just caught up with the race. Not a bad 1 at Silverstone. Rare to see a Honda blow up, shame as it was shaping up to be a thrilling 4 way finish. Still good though.  Good finish for Scott. Mediocre Crutchache perfomance. Pedrosa didn't turn up preferring to send his slower doppelgänger like he does to most races. 

• Like 2

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

Thailand set to host MotoGP in 2018

Reuters Staff

•  
  •  

(Reuters) - Thailand is set to host a round of the MotoGP world championship for the first time in 2018 with a three-year contract due to be signed in Bangkok on Thursday, series organizers announced on Monday.

The official MotoGP.com website said that Carmelo Ezpeleta, chief executive of commercial rights holders Dorna Sports, would join Sakon Wannapong, the governor of the Sports Authority of Thailand, at the formal signing.

The race will be held at the Buriram circuit in the northeast of the country.

The track, which has previously hosted the world superbike championship, will be the first all-new addition to the series since Argentina’s Termas de Rio Hondo in 2014.

But still no date?

The event was officially confirmed in Bangkok on Thursday, when Dorna CEO Carmelo Ezpeleta and Thailand's Governor of Sport Sakon Wannapong put pen to paper on a three-year contract.

But there was still no confirmation of the event date.

"Today the Sports Authority of Thailand and Dorna Sports signed the contract for the Grand Prix of Thailand to be at the circuit in Buriram from 2018 to 2020," declared Dorna CEO Carmelo Ezpeleta.

"Thailand is a big consumer of bikes also and they are happy to use MotoGP to develop tourism here in Thailand. We are very proud to have made this agreement with the Thai government.

"The races here so far have been Superbike - who will also renew the contract in the near future - and we see that there’s a lot of expectation. MotoGP has had a lot of interest in Thailand, and it’s sure to be a Grand Prix with a lot of interest from everyone.

Next up: Misano

Got my tickets as early as April, for Tribune in "la brutta pela". Right at the end of the stretch where they have to slow down from full speed and do the 3 narrow turns. It will be fuckin great. Driving out there Friday and leaving Sunday after the race!

D

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

On 29.8.2017 at 14:37, Pepe Le Pew said:

The Thai race deal is all but done, 3 years starting next year, due to be signed this week. https://www.autosport.com/motogp/news/131495/thailand-to-sign-threeyear-motogp-deal

Just caught up with the race. Not a bad 1 at Silverstone. Rare to see a Honda blow up, shame as it was shaping up to be a thrilling 4 way finish. Still good though.  Good finish for Scott. Mediocre Crutchache perfomance. Pedrosa didn't turn up preferring to send his slower doppelgänger like he does to most races. 

Yea first time I've seen a honda blow up, not sure if it's an all times first but it's first time for Marc!

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Valentino Rossi has broken his leg in a motocross training accident.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/motorsport/moto-gp/motogp-valentino-rossi-breaks-leg-motocross-training-crash-before-misano/news-story/a869157285659b567b425c7c9deef344

Bad news for him for the rest of season.

Question is, at 38 years old, will he possibly call it a day?

https://www.foxsports.com.au/motorsport/moto-gp/motogp-valentino-rossi-breaks-leg-motocross-training-crash-before-misano/news-story/a869157285659b567b425c7c9deef344
Bad news for him for the rest of season.
Question is, at 38 years old, will he possibly call it a day?
For fucks sake. Fuckin hell

Ouch.....literally.

That's really a bummer.

19 hours ago, Edge said:

But still no date?

Next years calendar is usually provisionally announced in Sept then confirmed around Dec.

18 hours ago, stacksreg123 said:

Yea first time I've seen a honda blow up, not sure if it's an all times first but it's first time for Marc!

Yep, the bikes have been pretty bullet proof in recent years unlike F1 where it's almost a regular event :)

3 hours ago, Kim Jong Il said:

Bollox!!!

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

Zarco to take another step up already?

2 hours ago, Pepe Le Pew said:

Bollox!!!

No, its true.

10 minutes ago, Kim Jong Il said:

No, its true.

Yes I know. It was an exclamation of disappointment rather than one of doubt :)

I was trying to remember who replaced him last time he broke his leg but as far as I can remember/google they just ran Lorenzo. Zarco would be the obvious choice if it was contractually possible.

RULES

1NQq.gif

30 minutes ago, Pepe Le Pew said:

Yes I know. It was an exclamation of disappointment rather than one of doubt :)

I was trying to remember who replaced him last time he broke his leg but as far as I can remember/google they just ran Lorenzo. Zarco would be the obvious choice if it was contractually possible.

Yeah I know.......just having a bit of fun :P

Valentino Rossi says he would be interested to see the satellite Tech3 Yamaha team's riders on the manufacturer's 2017 machinery instead of year-old bikes.

Tech3 has traditionally used Yamaha bikes from the previous season, but Rossi has highlighted Honda's approach in having Cal Crutchlow as a factory-contracted rider at the satellite LCR team as something that Yamaha could benefit from if it adopted a similar strategy.

While Tech3 has an all-rookie line-up of Johann Zarco and Jonas Folger this year, both Moto2 graduates have shone in 2017, occasionally being able to defeat Rossi and his factory team-mate Maverick Vinales.

"Folger and Zarco are fast and it would be interesting to see them with our bike," said Rossi.

I wonder if one of those two will get 'promoted' this weekend.

11 hours ago, Kim Jong Il said:

Surgery successful but the earliest he could sit a bike is surely Phillip Island, so the bike will be parked up for at least 3 GPs...including Japan.
I don't think they'll want to do that.

Zarco would be the obvious first choice but I think he's a lot smaller than Rossi if that makes any difference.
Zarco is signed with Tech3 for 2018 (if that matters) and Folger I think isn't.
Great opportunity to try something out.

5 hours ago, Edge said:

Surgery successful but the earliest he could sit a bike is surely Phillip Island, so the bike will be parked up for at least 3 GPs...including Japan.
I don't think they'll want to do that.

It's what they did last time

5 hours ago, Edge said:

Zarco would be the obvious first choice but I think he's a lot smaller than Rossi if that makes any difference.
Zarco is signed with Tech3 for 2018 (if that matters) and Folger I think isn't.
Great opportunity to try something out.

Signed for next year or not won't make any difference (Bottas). As rookies I doubt they have a 'if big boys want me to play you have to let me go' clause however if Tech 3 want to keep Yamanagement sweet or even use it as leverage anything is possible. It's all about contracts and sometimes sponsorships. When Pedrosa was out due to injury last year they put Nicky Haydn on the bike. They looked at a faster option (Crutchache) but he has Monster as a personal sponsor and it was Red Bull who stopped it. (Haydn also had energy drink personal sponsor ship but it was some small 'Mom & Pop' affair)

RULES

1NQq.gif

On 9/1/2017 at 19:22, Kim Jong Il said:

Yamaha not replacing Rossi they have confirmed.Expected to miss the next 2 races then hopefully should be in a fit enough state to ride.

3 hours ago, Calvin said:

Yamaha not replacing Rossi they have confirmed.Expected to miss the next 2 races then hopefully should be in a fit enough state to ride.

If it is only 2 races then probably too much disruption with little likelihood of results to justify it.

Japan sounds too soon to me but he's been there before and the prognosis is good.
What I really meant by "they won't want  to do that" was to not have the bike out for its home race.
Hence eg. " Factory test rider Katsuyuki Nakasuga would be an obvious replacement"...........

Meanwhile, poor Cal..........."Unfortunately, I sliced my finger with a knife yesterday and it severed the tendon on my left index finger," Crutchlow explained.

3 hours ago, Edge said:

If it is only 2 races then probably too much disruption with little likelihood of results to justify it.

Japan sounds too soon to me but he's been there before and the prognosis is good.
What I really meant by "they won't want  to do that" was to not have the bike out for its home race.
Hence eg. " Factory test rider Katsuyuki Nakasuga would be an obvious replacement"...........

Meanwhile, poor Cal..........."Unfortunately, I sliced my finger with a knife yesterday and it severed the tendon on my left index finger," Crutchlow explained.

Cal could injure himself watching TV.What next,Iannone out for the season after shopping trolley collision?.:D

I don't buy the disruption argument 1 tiny bit. Who is it disrupting? Every other team will replace an injured rider at the drop of a hat. It's no disruption really and points are on offer, 'test' miles' and not to mention exposure for the sponsors who are pumping in $s as fast as the bikes use fuel. I strongly suspect it's a Rossi contract thing, possibly a connection with his own personal sponsorships as well.

'I cut my finger' - FFS Crutchache!

RULES

1NQq.gif

Maybe just the disruption if Zarco just jumped on it and won then.

Severed tendon and a splint on his index finger is a bit more than a cut, but I'm sure our boy Cal will give it his best as usual.