IGNORED

Red flagged at immigration

Jnl

Going through immigration, the officer showed me computer screen where it looked like i was being red flagged for to many visits. No idea what the screen actually said, but seeing something red and immigration going throug my stamps in passport did worry me abit.

Had to show somekind of prof of my job at home, seemed they did not think people go on holiday so often.

Since i just got off work i still had my mustercard and a opito offshore certificate in my bag. Did not really please them. But they let me through, and told me that i had to bring id card with picture from work next time.

Never thougt it would be an issue with multiple trips a year. There are always minimum 16 days between visits.

Anybody experinced anything similar.

No eternal rewards will forgive us now for wasting the dawn

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The same was reported by another BM just 3 days ago: You come too many time

I think people arriving often with no visa in their passport need to have a careful think about this.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

The same was reported by another BM just 3 days ago: You come too many time

I think people arriving often with no visa in their passport need to have a careful think about this.

Just read through that thread. Does not seem to be a clear rule, maybe i missed it.

Now im not even sure the work id they requested will work, and i still plan on 3 more trips this year.

No eternal rewards will forgive us now for wasting the dawn

Just read through that thread. Does not seem to be a clear rule, maybe i missed it.

Now im not even sure the work id they requested will work, and i still plan on 3 more trips this year.

There may have been no announcement but their intentions are very clear: after a certain number of entries (indications seems to be that it is 3) on the visa waiver scheme people may have issues entering Thailand.

The remedy is also clear: get a visa before arriving. If I was you I wouldn't arrive without one on your next trip.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

According to my UK Thai Consulate the limit for visa exempts in 12 months is 3.

Its a new thing.

Same thing happened to me this year ( and many others ) ……... I returned to UK and got a 60 day visa (+30) and in turn applied for and received , within Thailand, a multi entry one year extension of stay, commonly called a retirement visa. I had sufficient funds in my Thai bank account and i am over 50. Cost me 25k through an agent.

Seems that Immigration is finally cracking down on persons who 'rotate' in and out of Thailand.

As was indicated when they created the new regulation regime, Immigration wants to deter people who they see as 'abusing' the visa exemption waiver to practically 'live' in Thailand without getting the proper type of visa and paperwork. The way they see it, visa exemption is for occasional/short term tourists and transiting visitors, its not supposed to be an easy way for foreigners to come and go from the Kingdom as they please for months or years on end.

At the start, they focused on the traditional visa-runner types who were skirting the law, now it seems they're on the lookout for people who work offshore and live in Thailand or base themselves in Thailand but travel for work around the region. They want such persons to get real visas and abide by the additional regulations & requirements instead of in-and-out cycling on visa exemptions.  :Dunno:

Seems that Immigration is finally cracking down on persons who 'rotate' in and out of Thailand.

As was indicated when they created the new regulation regime, Immigration wants to deter people who they see as 'abusing' the visa exemption waiver to practically 'live' in Thailand without getting the proper type of visa and paperwork. The way they see it, visa exemption is for occasional/short term tourists and transiting visitors, its not supposed to be an easy way for foreigners to come and go from the Kingdom as they please for months or years on end.

At the start, they focused on the traditional visa-runner types who were skirting the law, now it seems they're on the lookout for people who work offshore and live in Thailand or base themselves in Thailand but travel for work around the region. They want such persons to get real visas and abide by the additional regulations & requirements instead of in-and-out cycling on visa exemptions.   :Dunno:

I overheard Darren at Key Visa well over a year ago say that he had nothing to offer the off shore workers who live here during their down time.

It seems to have taken a while to bite, so perhaps there were some ways around it for a while.

As said, over 50s probably have an option, as do those who marry Thais.

It does seem unfortunate that the authorities can't make a special case for those who can prove their employment situation, especially for those who have bought condos here.

You can join the "Thai Elite" program.

I have a feeling that eventually we all have to do that, or put big money in a thai bank account to secure a hassle free stay.

It does seem unfortunate that the authorities can't make a special case for those who can prove their employment situation, especially for those who have bought condos here.

What other countries make a 'special case' for people in this situation?

"Disappointing girls one inch at a time"

What other countries make a 'special case' for people in this situation?

Sorry but I have no idea which, if any countries do that.

I was just thinking of those who invested in condos here at a time when such ownership was accepted as a way of qualifying for a One Year Multi-entry, which suited their purpose perfectly.

It just seems unfair, but such is Thai life.

Todays Pattaya One...

A thirty-two year old British man, Matthew Joseph Love, has been arrested on Walking Street after Chonburi Immigration officers asked to check his passport.He was then found to have overstayed his thirty-day visa for Thailand by 106 days. He was arrested and is in the process of being prepared for deportation. He will now be banned from returning to Thailand for a period of five years.New regulations, that came into effect in March, include penalties depending if the visa cheat turns themselves in voluntarily or if they are arrested during random ID checks.For volunteers the penalties are limited to one year if the person has overstayed illegally for up to 365 days. For one to three years overstay the penalty is a three-year ban from the Kingdom. Those who have stayed in Thailand for three to five years can expect a ban of five-years. Volunteer overstayers of more than five-years are to be banned from returning for ten-years.However, Mr Love did not surrender himself to immigration officials, he was caught and the penalty for this is immediate arrest, deportation and a minimum five-year ban from returning to Thailand.

Todays Pattaya One...

A thirty-two year old British man, Matthew Joseph Love, has been arrested on Walking Street after Chonburi Immigration officers asked to check his passport.He was then found to have overstayed his thirty-day visa for Thailand by 106 days. He was arrested and is in the process of being prepared for deportation. He will now be banned from returning to Thailand for a period of five years.New regulations, that came into effect in March, include penalties depending if the visa cheat turns themselves in voluntarily or if they are arrested during random ID checks.For volunteers the penalties are limited to one year if the person has overstayed illegally for up to 365 days. For one to three years overstay the penalty is a three-year ban from the Kingdom. Those who have stayed in Thailand for three to five years can expect a ban of five-years. Volunteer overstayers of more than five-years are to be banned from returning for ten-years.However, Mr Love did not surrender himself to immigration officials, he was caught and the penalty for this is immediate arrest, deportation and a minimum five-year ban from returning to Thailand.

Isnt that why these types keep a low profile in Isaan where they are less likely to get caught. WS is a little stupid.

I re

You can join the "Thai Elite" program.

I have a feeling that eventually we all have to do that, or put big money in a thai bank account to secure a hassle free stay.

I reckon this isn't far off the mark, it is losing money hand over fist so needs some way to attract new members. Maybe the METV's will be the go for a couple of years then it will be oh sorry you can no longer have more than 3 METV's back to back.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

It sounds like they be starting the crack down they have been talking about. We will see if it lasts.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and called me honey.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and took my money.

Maybe the METV's will be the go for a couple of years then it will be oh sorry you can no longer have more than 3 METV's back to back.

As far as I know there is no evidence that it is even possible now.

Oh joy so now I got to sweat and see what happens when I am out and in on a regular basis or consider spending more money to aplease the system

Think I need to consider if i need a different base soon as I already have 4 entry and exit stamps and it not even 6 Months for me

Todays Pattaya One...

A thirty-two year old British man, Matthew Joseph Love, has been arrested on Walking Street after Chonburi Immigration officers asked to check his passport.He was then found to have overstayed his thirty-day visa for Thailand by 106 days. He was arrested and is in the process of being prepared for deportation. He will now be banned from returning to Thailand for a period of five years.New regulations, that came into effect in March, include penalties depending if the visa cheat turns themselves in voluntarily or if they are arrested during random ID checks.For volunteers the penalties are limited to one year if the person has overstayed illegally for up to 365 days. For one to three years overstay the penalty is a three-year ban from the Kingdom. Those who have stayed in Thailand for three to five years can expect a ban of five-years. Volunteer overstayers of more than five-years are to be banned from returning for ten-years.However, Mr Love did not surrender himself to immigration officials, he was caught and the penalty for this is immediate arrest, deportation and a minimum five-year ban from returning to Thailand.

Are deportees held in jail then transported to airport detention cells before being bundled on a flight to their home country? Who pays the flight?? And,what happens to the blokes possessions? Would he be allowed to pack his bags,or is he sent out with only the clothes he is standing up in? Anybody have any experience of deportation? Just curious. 

Build a man a fire,and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire,and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Oh joy so now I got to sweat and see what happens when I am out and in on a regular basis or consider spending more money to aplease the system

Think I need to consider if i need a different base soon as I already have 4 entry and exit stamps and it not even 6 Months for me

Retirement Extension?       :hello09:

So in this climate is it safer to apply for a 60 day tourist visa from the Thai embassy before leaving the country?

Retirement Extension? :hello09:

But I just 21 yrs old bit early for that 555

Same thing happened to me this year ( and many others ) ……... I returned to UK and got a 60 day visa (+30) and in turn applied for and received , within Thailand, a multi entry one year extension of stay, commonly called a retirement visa. I had sufficient funds in my Thai bank account and i am over 50. Cost me 25k through an agent.

Ditto me, except it cost 10K by cutting out the middleman!

Well I guess I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get a non immigrant O based on marriage.

Have got away with free thirty day stamps for years including ten last year so maybe time to bite the bullet.

Absolutely. Those offshore workers spend a good proportion of the megabucks they earn in LOS and thus contribute to the economy.

Because it can't be measured, I guess the authorities are not seeing that.

Archived