IGNORED

"You come too many time"

kane666

No that wasn't a complaint from a bargirl but from an immigration officer at Suvarnabhumi last Thursday afternoon. I have been coming to Thailand for the last 8+ years, ~ 7 times a year staying for 10-21 days at a time. In April I stayed 30 days and arrived on Thursday for another 30 days only to be refused entry. Never even 1 single day overstay ever.

After much arguing I was eventually let in but told I would have to apply for a visa in Australia next time if I wanted to come again. They told me the automatic 30 days for Aus citizens was only allowed 3 times a year. When I asked them how exactly I was supposed to know this before I arrived they laughed and said I should have asked them...

BTW this wasn't flagged by the immigration officer, he showed me the screen where the system had automatically flagged me.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes there have been quite a few reports like this recently. It is the same for all the other nationalities that can take advantage of the visa waiver system.

I think people like you are the victims of people who have abused the system over many years to stay in Thailand for extended periods.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Wow first time I have heard of this happening. 3 times max I suppose draws a line in the sand.

I assume the idea is to force you to get the 6 month multi entry visa at $225 a pop. In typical Thai fashion there are links to the Visa Form A on both the Sydney and Perth Thai consulate websites. Whilst they look identical the Section C requirements differ. Perth's form requires a "Banks certificate of balance" showing minimum of $8,000 whilst the Sydney Form A has no such requirement.

http://www.thaiconsulatesydney.org/Content/attach-file/VISA_FORM_A_FINAL_NOV2015.pdf

http://www.thaiconsulateperth.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/ThaiConsulatePerth_VisaApplicationForm.pdf

I assume the idea is to force you to get the 6 month multi entry visa at $225 a pop. In typical Thai fashion there are links to the Visa Form A on both the Sydney and Perth Thai consulate websites. Whilst they look identical the Section C requirements differ. Perth's form requires a "Banks certificate of balance" showing minimum of $8,000 whilst the Sydney Form A has no such requirement.

http://www.thaiconsulatesydney.org/Content/attach-file/VISA_FORM_A_FINAL_NOV2015.pdf

http://www.thaiconsulateperth.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/ThaiConsulatePerth_VisaApplicationForm.pdf

The Perth consulate is now very strict on what documents are required. It is best to send them an email and ask what their requirements are just before you are going to apply. Supply exactly as they request because if you don't they will not accept the application.

The bank certificate is an odd requirement for this visa. A couple of weeks ago I got a 1 year multiple entry non-immigrant O visa for them and they were not interested in seeing any financial documents.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

Makes me wonder if Sydney has made a mistake with their form. Be interesting if anyone got a METV from them without showing their bank account.

No that wasn't a complaint from a bargirl but from an immigration officer at Suvarnabhumi last Thursday afternoon. I have been coming to Thailand for the last 8+ years, ~ 7 times a year staying for 10-21 days at a time. In April I stayed 30 days and arrived on Thursday for another 30 days only to be refused entry. Never even 1 single day overstay ever.

After much arguing I was eventually let in but told I would have to apply for a visa in Australia next time if I wanted to come again. They told me the automatic 30 days for Aus citizens was only allowed 3 times a year. When I asked them how exactly I was supposed to know this before I arrived they laughed and said I should have asked them...

BTW this wasn't flagged by the immigration officer, he showed me the screen where the system had automatically flagged me.

Yep, this is my biggest fear. I haven't been told yet that I've entered too many times in a year, but I'm in the process of getting a visa this time anyway.

Three times in one year, huh? Does that mean a total of 90 days in a calendar year as I've been told (actually I've been told it's within six months) or is it three entries? Seems unfair if you only enter for two weeks at a time.

I'm really not sure as to why this is so difficult to get a concrete answer on. In theory I shouldn't even need a visa this time, as this calendar year I've only entered twice so far.

This is incredibly frustrating.

"I'm really not sure as to why this is so difficult to get a concrete answer on."

As with so many things in Thailand the interpretation is often left to the person you are dealing with. No consistency, even from staff in the same office. Applies to many institutions, banks, water and electric companies. It s almost like no one wants to take responsibility for a decision.

When I asked them where was this written he said ha! I will show you! He pulled out his phone, after much tapping and scrolling he shows me a page full of thai writing and says see! See! 

Yeah I see a page full of thai writing. That helps me how?

When I asked them where was this written he said ha! I will show you! He pulled out his phone, after much tapping and scrolling he shows me a page full of thai writing and says see! See! 

Yeah I see a page full of thai writing. That helps me how?

Well, if a Thai will ask the same question a Aussi Immigration Officer, do you think he will pull up the law in Thai for him? 

Well, if a Thai will ask the same question a Aussi Immigration Officer, do you think he will pull up the law in Thai for him?

Yes, I'd expect him to be pointed in the direction of whoever handles the visa applications in Thailand for the Australian Embassy so he could read it in Thai. http://www.vfsglobal.com/Australia/Thailand//thai/index.html

As per the Thai Embassy Website written in plain English, it's 90 days out of any six month period.image.png

As per the Thai Embassy Website written in plain English, it's 90 days out of any six month period.attachicon.gifimage.png

This information may be out of date. As reported by the OP it appears that the policy has been changed and it is now 3 entries per year. This is not the first time this has been reported on the forum.

The Perth consulate is now very strict on what documents are required. It is best to send them an email and ask what their requirements are just before you are going to apply. Supply exactly as they request because if you don't they will not accept the application.

The bank certificate is an odd requirement for this visa. A couple of weeks ago I got a 1 year multiple entry non-immigrant O visa for them and they were not interested in seeing any financial documents.

Can I ask what category you got this visa on? Was it marriage or retirement for example. I have never heard of not supplying financial information. I have a two mates from Melbourne that would be very interested. They are living with their TGF in Isan both over 50 but their pension is under the 65000 required now due to the exchange rate.

Can I ask what category you got this visa on? Was it marriage or retirement for example. I have never heard of not supplying financial information. I have a two mates from Melbourne that would be very interested. They are living with their TGF in Isan both over 50 but their pension is under the 65000 required now due to the exchange rate.

I have a multiple entry non-immigrant O based on marriage. I applied for one in Perth 2 years ago and they wanted to see that I was earning enough. This year they didn't. I have no idea why it changed.

However, you are probably trying to compare apples and oranges. What I have is a visa and what your friends probably have are extensions of stays. They may appear the same but they are not. Visas are issued outside of the country and the requirements for them vary from office to office (they appear to be a lot more consistent now that what they have in the past). Extensions of stays are done inside of Thailand with a stricter set of requirements and documentation.

It is possible to get a retirement visa in Australia but they can only be issued by the embassy in Canberra. Although it appears that the Sydney has some agreement with them as they will collect applications. The requirements on these are quite strict with required documents including police checks, a medical and evidence of savings and/or income to the same levels as those required for extensions in Thailand. Because of the first two documents required it is easier to go with the extension while being in Thailand.

I have a multiple entry non-immigrant O based on marriage. I applied for one in Perth 2 years ago and they wanted to see that I was earning enough. This year they didn't. I have no idea why it changed.

However, you are probably trying to compare apples and oranges. What I have is a visa and what your friends probably have are extensions of stays. They may appear the same but they are not. Visas are issued outside of the country and the requirements for them vary from office to office (they appear to be a lot more consistent now that what they have in the past). Extensions of stays are done inside of Thailand with a stricter set of requirements and documentation.

It is possible to get a retirement visa in Australia but they can only be issued by the embassy in Canberra. Although it appears that the Sydney has some agreement with them as they will collect applications. The requirements on these are quite strict with required documents including police checks, a medical and evidence of savings and/or income to the same levels as those required for extensions in Thailand. Because of the first two documents required it is easier to go with the extension while being in Thailand.

Thanks for that info, very much appreciated. Yes they are trying to get a visa rather than the extension of stay. They don't wish to get married which would for the purposes of money required they could defnitely meet. Melbourne advised them few weeks ago they only collect the documents for retirement visa as well and forward it to Canberra.

I had this occur last year or at least very similar

I often fly in and out of Bangkok thus have numerous entry /exit stamps

Last year I alighted the plane made my way down in the Passport Control ( was fast track as flying Biz ) waited handed my stuff over then Bang

The Female proceed to leaf through page after page then called over the supervisor. I was asked a few questions then asked to move into a room where another person arrived making me and 2 Thais

To be honest I was shutting myself they then asked did I have GF or Wife why I come so often what money I had etc then yaked amongst themselves

Now my Thai is not great but I got bits n bobs seemed they were unsure if i could or could not enter and if i had in fact broken any rules

By this time whilst still scared I had had enough and in Thai asked if they had a problem and if so I wanted the Big Boss and I was going to call the Embassy

Seem me telling them in Thai and Tinglish put them on the back foot and it was them looking uncertain and a bit scared

I was took back to passport control they were told to stamp me and I was offered apologies and asked if i need help once through

I told them no and was glad to escape and get away

Later looking through my passport I could not find a Stamp and thought Cunts they fucked me over I really gona have shit when I exit but then I noticed instead of my passport being stamped they had put the stamp on the visa of all places

Anyway to cut a long Tale short when I left nothing was said and since then I have had at least a further 20 entry and exits with FA being said

As has been mentioned sometimes a individual views something in a certain way thus raising issues but with Thais who knows eh

I do not know about Oz rules n regs and I have a UK held Passport

Ghosty

I do not know about Oz rules n regs and I have a UK held Passport

As far as the Thais are concerned they are treated the same (except that at land crossing you can get up to 30 days on a UK passport but only 15 on an Aussie one).

As far as the Thais are concerned they are treated the same (except that at land crossing you can get up to 30 days on a UK passport but only 15 on an Aussie one).

Cheers Matey

I think the fact of the matter is we all who enter and exit are walking a thin line in some eyes and whilst I love Thailand if i were to one day be rejected I would consider transferring my spending elsewhere which is much more easy to visitors

I know I am lucky and stay for such long periods in Thailand but I still hesitate to take that final leap for various reasons

Had it been say 10 yrs ago and I at the stage I am I would leap now to be full time but over the next few years I got a decide where and when then on what visa may be best

Never done the jumping through hoops stuff so well and not about to start either but as they say let's see what happens let's see where all this shite is going and God help us all if he who must not be named sniffs it as sure as eggs are eggs it will impact us all

A mate of mine, Australian was took into an office at Swampy and told to book a return flight there and then and make sure he was on it or he would be arrested. He was only given 15 days visa.

See you at Le Pub, soi Diamond.

Le Pub Facebook Page

Le Pub YouTube Channel

Have to do a 3 day trip to China for work 18th-21st, will be slightly apoplectic if they tell me to turn around and go home when I come back to BKK on the 21st. 

A mate of mine, Australian was took into an office at Swampy and told to book a return flight there and then and make sure he was on it or he would be arrested. He was only given 15 days visa.

Did your mate arrive without a return ticket? I have never been asked if I have return ticket when arriving in BKK but have been asked many times for other countries so I just assumed it as a general requirement for entry Into Los also. Better safe than sorry I guess!

:WhoSaw1: Darkling - who me?  :WhoSaw1:

Have to do a 3 day trip to China for work 18th-21st, will be slightly apoplectic if they tell me to turn around and go home when I come back to BKK on the 21st. 

They told you to have a visa the next time you arrived. I would say that if you arrive without one the chance of being refused entry is extremely high, almost certain I would say. You should look into getting a visa while you are in China. If you don't have the time fly into a neighbouring country to get a visa. My advice is don't arrive in Thailand without visa.

I asked the "supervisor" at immigration who eventually let me in and he said the same, get a visa in China. When I relayed that it would be slightly difficult to do (there over a weekend in a city with no Thai embassy) he said just ask for supervisor again when you come in. Just have to trust him!

I'd happily take a 15 day stamp as my flight home is booked for the 1st July. Home in time to vote in an election full of fucktards.

Did your mate arrive without a return ticket? I have never been asked if I have return ticket when arriving in BKK but have been asked many times for other countries so I just assumed it as a general requirement for entry Into Los also. Better safe than sorry I guess!

I think he came in on a visa run from Cambodia.

I agree your point.

See you at Le Pub, soi Diamond.

Le Pub Facebook Page

Le Pub YouTube Channel

Archived