Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

"You come too many time"

kane666

The Immigration officer at Suvarnabhumi told me 3 times without specifying over what period.

A phone call to Immigration thismorning told me 6 times in 1 year.

Clear?

I had heard of it being 6 times in a year before. 2012,13&14 I did 7 trips each year with no issues.

A mate of mine got pulled up in January and given the drum about needing a visa in future, even though he had only been maybe 3/4 times last year.

I guess it boils down to who you get on the day.

That being said I've never had any problems when it has been a lady on the counter, even when I overstayed by 1 day

Sent from my R829 using Tapatalk

The funny thing about first impressions is you don't get a second chance at them!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Immigration officer at Suvarnabhumi told me 3 times without specifying over what period.

A phone call to Immigration thismorning told me 6 times in 1 year.

Clear?

I'm sure I've read both versions on Thai embassy websites, one simply states after 3 entries (no time period), and the other is more specific, stating maximum 90 days (3 entries) in a six month period. 

...stating maximum 90 days (3 entries) in a six month period. 

That is an old policy and most likely outdated information.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Is the rule 3 times in a 12 month period or 3 times in a calendar year?

Is the rule 3 times in a 12 month period or 3 times in a calendar year?

Nobody really knows for sure but imo assume 3 in a 12 month period and get a METV just to safe. $225 is bugger all to insure against an ugly start to your trip.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Nobody really knows for sure but imo assume 3 in a 12 month period and get a METV just to safe. $225 is bugger all to insure against an ugly start to your trip.

Im due on the ground in 3 weeks and it will be my 4th month in the last 12 months - scared now about what to do

Im due on the ground in 3 weeks and it will be my 4th month in the last 12 months - scared now about what to do

Unfortunately, there's no way of knowing.

You could very well be fine, you could get hassled.

You're only about an hour from the Thai Consulate in Cardiff. £25 for a Tourist Visa would stop you fretting.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Unfortunately, there's no way of knowing.

You could very well be fine, you could get hassled.

You're only about an hour from the Thai Consulate in Cardiff. £25 for a Tourist Visa would stop you fretting.

Phone for appointment. Drop passport off. Spend a few hours in Cardiff Collect passport in afternoon.

phew... I thought for a minute you we're going to say a few hours in Newport!...

Yeah I might do that, thanks

As a few people have said and it was certainly my experience, it is a system flagged issue, not a case of the immigration officer flicking through your passport and counting up the number of entry stamps etc. I think it highly likely that at least for a period they will be lenient with the 4th entry and let you in as they did with me. But yeah, as Davidge said, save yourself the risk.

As a few people have said and it was certainly my experience, it is a system flagged issue, not a case of the immigration officer flicking through your passport and counting up the number of entry stamps etc. I think it highly likely that at least for a period they will be lenient with the 4th entry and let you in as they did with me. But yeah, as Davidge said, save yourself the risk.

It happened to me in February after several years of 3 to 4 trips a year. I was told by the Immigration officer to get a visa before I came back again. I took his advice and got a 60 day visa for my present trip and glad I did as, for the first time ever, I was asked to produce a visa by ANA in Tokyo before boarding my connection to Bangkok. So yes, Immigration is getting strict on frequent visitors with no visa.

In 2014 I had four trips to LOS,in one calender year.

First trip,9 days,second trip,7 days,third trip,7 days,fourth trip,7 days.

I didnt have any problems with this.....maybe I was lucky?

I suspect you were nicely dressed and smiled with a hello to the immigration officer. Works wonders all over Thailand

2014 is not 2016

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

2014 is not 2016

Exactly - I have 19 stamps in my passport from 2014, they never said anything in the immigration. The questions at immigration started in April 2015, and it seems to get even tighter now. I still managed 17 stamps through 2015 though, before they introduced the METV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You want to go over Thaivisa and start a thread there they will be apoplectic with rage and indignation !

You want to go over Thaivisa and start a thread there they will be apoplectic with rage and indignation !

I'd rather poke myself in the eye with a sharp stick...lol

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

I did, not that I didn't trust u blokes  :GoldenSmile1:

The general gist of responses was the same, the party is over for 30 day visa waivers although again, nobody knew exactly what the timeframe was.

The only other bit of info was for those going outside to somewhere say Cambodia and getting a SETV they will refuse you on the 4th time you apply for one. Apparently.

The only other bit of info was for those going outside to somewhere say Cambodia and getting a SETV they will refuse you on the 4th time you apply for one. Apparently.

I remember reports like this stretching back a number of years so this may not be something new. Although they could have relaxed it for a while as I haven't seen any reports for a while.

For those coming from UK on short trips exceeding 3 trips in a rolling 12 month period.

According to thai embassy London

http://www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/401

You can apply by post for single entry tourist visa for £25.

Cluck-cluck, gibber-gibber, my old man's a mushroom, etc.

Still think a lot of it is down to how you present yourself at immigration.....polite, smiling, dressed nicely always goes a long way in a country where face is everything

(Am referring to the discrepancy in visa exempt entries)

Still think a lot of it is down to how you present yourself at immigration.....polite, smiling, dressed nicely always goes a long way in a country where face is everything

That was probably true before the immigration screens started to flash red once someone had been flagged as a 'visa dodger' (that is my own term and not meant as a slight on anyone..:P). There may now be consequences for the immigration officer if there are now some procedures in place in that situation and he/she doesn't follow them.

It is strange as thailand is supposedly a main hub for many counties. I fly in and out fairly often as I live in Cambodia and visit other countries. I usually only stay in thailand for a few days on my way and on my way back.

signaturesml.jpg.764ff137c2c3de0437af6705465cff7f.jpg   

Android APP       iPhone APP

In the "discussion" with the immigration supervisor yes probably, at the initial immigration officer no. They will happily show you the screen where it shows you being denied entry and basically say sorry nothing they can do. Except for the sorry bit.

• 2 weeks later...

As the OP I thought I should give an update on my re-entry experience.

I had a 3 day trip to China for work and was expecting to be denied again on my return to Suvarnabhumi. I paid the extra to go through the premium lane as I thought better to have the argument in semi privacy.

Stamped through for another 30 days without a word.

Archived