IGNORED

"You come too many time"

kane666

3 trips last year & no problems just stamped me 30 days on arrival but they were slower than a few years prior.

Jack.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who said anything about not getting the right visa for the circumstances? Certainly not I.

I think being polite and dressed appropriately when talking to a government official who can make your life difficult is a small thing to do.  Having your paper work in order is a given.  My friend up north had his paper work in order, but the immigration official was having none of it until he was dressed in a manner that met his idea of how we falang should show-up at a government office.

Experiences just in this string are all over the map.  Some guys entering a half-dozen times on VOA without a hitch and others being warned not to enter again because they come too much.  The 3 VOA's per year sounds like a current trend with officials but I was doing 7-8 some years back in the mid-2000's before I got my retirement visa without a question.

Guys are sharing their experiences and thoughts in this thread and that's a good thing for the board.

I also have been coming for years, around 6 times a year without a problem. But things have changed hence the reason I now have a "retirement visa". i know Thailand well and I am aware that being polite, well dressed and displaying a pleasant demeanour is the way to go, whether in Thailand or elsewhere. But I rail against "advice" that thinks that is sufficient….because it is not. You say having the appropriate visa is a given and that is my point , but some think that a good attitude will overcome that and I disagree. I think it is misleading . Just my tuppence worth.

Archived