Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Red flagged at immigration

Jnl

I am going for a new one next month in Australia.

Maybe I will give it a go before you then. My current one expires 21st this month, and will submit the papers for the new one the day after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How on earth is that losing money? Makes you wonder where the money is going

This was 2014 data, so possible they are doing better now:

http://www.ttrweekly.com/site/2014/07/elite-card-sales-flop/

The card project was the brainchild of former Prime Minister, Thaksin Shinawatra. It was launched in 2003 with a target of 1 million members. It failed running up debts and almost exhausted its capital forcing repeated efforts to rework the formula and even suggestions that it should be closed.

In November 2012, the Thai Cabinet approved a plan to revive the Thailand Elite Card after years of losses and a failure to reach its membership targets.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Todays Pattaya One...

A thirty-two year old British man, Matthew Joseph Love, has been arrested on Walking Street after Chonburi Immigration officers asked to check his passport.He was then found to have overstayed his thirty-day visa for Thailand by 106 days. He was arrested and is in the process of being prepared for deportation. He will now be banned from returning to Thailand for a period of five years.New regulations, that came into effect in March, include penalties depending if the visa cheat turns themselves in voluntarily or if they are arrested during random ID checks.For volunteers the penalties are limited to one year if the person has overstayed illegally for up to 365 days. For one to three years overstay the penalty is a three-year ban from the Kingdom. Those who have stayed in Thailand for three to five years can expect a ban of five-years. Volunteer overstayers of more than five-years are to be banned from returning for ten-years.However, Mr Love did not surrender himself to immigration officials, he was caught and the penalty for this is immediate arrest, deportation and a minimum five-year ban from returning to Thailand.

Being reported that the guy who got his collar felt was a partner at the Sweet Spot,the popular cake shop now on Third Road and mentioned in dispatches on here from time to time.

Like the shops delicacies,seems like he was offered up on a plate. Been fingered by person or persons unknown? Doesn't sound like a random tug.

Keep your friends close,your enemies even closer.

Build a man a fire,and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire,and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Being reported that the guy who got his collar felt was a partner at the Sweet Spot,the popular cake shop now on Third Road and mentioned in dispatches on here from time to time.

The owner of that business is stating that this is not true.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

That the apprehended bloke wasn't his business partner?

OK.

Build a man a fire,and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire,and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

That the apprehended bloke wasn't his business partner?

OK.

Yes according to the owner of the business he was not a partner. Looks like someone posted some bullshit of Facebook, which is highly unusual....lol

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

Passport was good, just to many entry stamps.

They also requested id card from my workplace.

Did not have any photo id card from my work, got told i need to bring one for my next trip.

So will I need to show some form of picture ID in addition to my passport next time I enter LOS?

So will I need to show some form of picture ID in addition to my passport next time I enter LOS?

If I have it correct they wanted evidence that he was employed and they wanted to see photo ID from his employer as part of that. Unless you think you are in a similar position you will not need anything other than your passport. To put it more simply under normal conditions you only need your passport.

As usual, this is weird. Sure I can bring my company ID, no problem, but anyone with half a brain would figure out that the only ones who actually know to bring their company ID along are the ones who are trying to fake their way through. But of course, logic is suspended once you cross a Thai border.

Nope... Not on a visa exemption... they are extendable by 30 days for 1900 baht from your friendly local Immigration Branch, but are strictly single entry. Meaning that if you do leave for a couple of days/weeks, that visa exemption dies when you leave, and a new one is issued when you return.

So for the example described above, it would indeed be 2 Visa exemptions. Whether or not they let you back in, is, and always has been, up to the individual you are fronting at the Immigration Desk. Doesn't matter if you have a brand new passport, and never been to Thailand, the Immigration Guy/Gal, can turn you back for no reason whatsoever, other than they "just can". That is is within their powers. do they do it? Not often, but the point is they "can".

What you may be thinking of is the re-entry permit, that is available to blokes on retirement extensions etc. Guys on those extensions, need to be aware that if they DO leave the Kingdom, and have not purchased a re-entry permit, their retirement extension dies when they leave the country, and it is back to square one when they get back. My advice is, even if you have no intention of leaving the country when you renew your retirement extension, buy a re-entry permit as a matter of course when you renew. You may have to make an unplanned mercy dash home thru the year, and it it would be easy to forget the re-entry permit..

Get a visa, makes it a whole lot easier, but again, is no guarantee of entry to the country.

I was thinking of the re-entry permit for 1000 baht for SETVs. So he could leave for a few days and still have one SETV.

Yes according to the owner of the business he was not a partner. Looks like someone posted some bullshit of Facebook, which is highly unusual....lol

If it was the owner of the business who did dob him in to immigration then he would deny it?

Ditto me, except it cost 10K by cutting out the middleman!

WOW……excellent. when i went to jomtien soi 5 to enquire they told me it would be 19k + the cost of a re-entry permit

Normal denying...... as others he "was /should" being employing a worker in an illegal way ...(maybe  .?..  ) :Think1:  

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

Was getting worried for a little bit there but then realised I have only had 1 entry so far this year so should be ok.

had visions of Queuing at the thai embassy in Hanoi for a SEV tourist.

Be like a dog,

" if you cant eat it, play with it, or fuck it. Piss on it and walk away."

WOW……excellent. when i went to jomtien soi 5 to enquire they told me it would be 19k + the cost of a re-entry permit

Perhaps there was a communication problem as that should have been 19 hundred, not 19 thousand.

If I have it correct they wanted evidence that he was employed and they wanted to see photo ID from his employer as part of that. Unless you think you are in a similar position you will not need anything other than your passport. To put it more simply under normal conditions you only need your passport.

Yes that is correct.

Maybe i should have added that they did ask a few times if i where working/making money in thailand.

Made it more clear as to why they asked for evidence of employment.

No eternal rewards will forgive us now for wasting the dawn

What is the latest? What are the offshore people doing on 28/28 rosters?

Your question is answered already.

Don't risk more than 3 visa exempt stamps in a 6 month period.

And secondly, the immigration officer on arrival can deny anyone entry if they so choose.

Perhaps if you were married to a Thai you wouldn't be hassled.

Your question is answered already.

Don't risk more than 3 visa exempt stamps in a 6 month period.

And secondly, the immigration officer on arrival can deny anyone entry if they so choose.

Perhaps if you were married to a Thai you wouldn't be hassled.

If he was married to a Thai he'd be hassled a LOT more. Just not by immigration.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Well I`ll have a go again on the Visa excempts from september on and hope for the best.

• 2 weeks later...

Be interested to hear how you go.

Just been called up by the Thai embassy in Denmark today. They asked me to send them a new bank statement, but I was told that when I had done so, they would return my passport within a few days with a new visa - so back to back METV seems to be possible.

Just been called up by the Thai embassy in Denmark today. They asked me to send them a new bank statement, but I was told that when I had done so, they would return my passport within a few days with a new visa - so back to back METV seems to be possible.

Cool. I am posting mine to the Embassy in Canberra today. Fingers crossed.

Retirement Extension?       :hello09:

Catch 22  ? ... I can't get one without a bank account, I can't get a bank account with(out) a retirment extension.   

Catch 22  ? ... I can't get one without a bank account, I can't get a bank account with a retirment extension.   

I think you missed out an 'out' but I know what you mean.

Either you keep trying different banks or you ask the advice of an agent eg Thaivisa Express....I'm told there are ways.

Edit - Or you marry a nice TG.

Archived