IGNORED

Red flagged at immigration

Jnl

Maybe time to start up a marriage of convenience bureau? Line up a load of widowed Isaan pensioners who almost certainly won't want to get married again for real and Bob's your uncle non immigrant O visas for all.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe time to start up a marriage of convenience bureau? Line up a load of widowed Isaan pensioners who almost certainly won't want to get married again for real and Bob's your uncle non immigrant O visas for all.

I wonder in the Thai system whether the marriage has to be consummated for it to be legal?  Could be a deal breaker

Sorry but I have no idea which, if any countries do that.

I was just thinking of those who invested in condos here at a time when such ownership was accepted as a way of qualifying for a One Year Multi-entry, which suited their purpose perfectly.

It just seems unfair, but such is Thai life.

What other countries make a 'special case' for people in this situation?

Many countries have investment visas. I know Colombia has it... even the US does.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I wonder in the Thai system whether the marriage has to be consummated for it to be legal?  Could be a deal breaker

I heard you have to provide pics of you shagging in every room in the house now......

.....might not be true. :-)

Are deportees held in jail then transported to airport detention cells before being bundled on a flight to their home country? Who pays the flight?? And,what happens to the blokes possessions? Would he be allowed to pack his bags,or is he sent out with only the clothes he is standing up in? Anybody have any experience of deportation? Just curious. 

First of all , you stay in detention center until you can arrange and pay your DIRECT flight to home country yourself (or a close person to you ...), same for your possessions .....  

Only way to avoid to loose the whole plot is stay "Thai legal way" ,or give power of attorney in case of having condo to sell,  to a trusted one ,to handle that ,...imagine to do all that while in a detention center .... :Think1:

https://youtu.be/USuJx91t7yI  (detention center video .....

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

I re

I reckon this isn't far off the mark, it is losing money hand over fist so needs some way to attract new members. Maybe the METV's will be the go for a couple of years then it will be oh sorry you can no longer have more than 3 METV's back to back.

What's losing money hand over fist?

I think he's talking about the Thai Elite scheme.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I think he's talking about the Thai Elite scheme.

How on earth is that losing money? Makes you wonder where the money is going

According to my UK Thai Consulate the limit for visa exempts in 12 months is 3.

Its a new thing.

No, not quite! It is 3 times in SIX months:

http://www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/188

Foreigners who enter Thailand under this Tourist Visa Exemption category may only do so for 30 days at one time with a maximum of 3 times in a 6 month period. (Passport or travel document must be valid for at least 1 month after the date of first entry).

Out of date embassy websites  is not uncommon  and conflicting statements is the same. I think it was on the Thai embassy website in my country which said "Your only allowed 3 visa excempts" .....................In a year or in a lifetime ??And of course calling them is a waste of time.

How on earth is that losing money? Makes you wonder where the money is going

Where the money is going is most likely a part of the problem. As I understand there's also a organization behind, that will cost a bit of money.

I'm still not quite clear wether the Elite program is actually a government program, or just backed (by a steady cash flow) by the government? Their website indicates the latter, which makes it a bit uneasy to spend the money for me.

I am currently on the METV, and will in a week or so go home and apply for a new one - I hope they will issue them back to back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you know this is correct? The experiences in this thread and the other one on the same issue indicates that this is no longer correct. The 90 days in 180 days policy is from a couple of years ago. It appears that the policy has changed. Sorry but just because it appears on an embassy's website does not mean that it is actually what is occurring on the ground.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Where the money is going is most likely a part of the problem. As I understand there's also a organization behind, that will cost a bit of money.

I'm still not quite clear wether the Elite program is actually a government program, or just backed (by a steady cash flow) by the government? Their website indicates the latter, which makes it a bit uneasy to spend the money for me.

I am currently on the METV, and will in a week or so go home and apply for a new one - I hope they will issue them back to back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be interested to hear how you go.

According to my UK Thai Consulate the limit for visa exempts in 12 months is 3.

Its a new thing.

How do you know this is correct? The experiences in this thread and the other one on the same issue indicates that this is no longer correct. The 90 days in 180 days policy is from a couple of years ago. It appears that the policy has changed. Sorry but just because it appears on an embassy's website does not mean that it is actually what is occurring on the ground.

What do you mean by "correct"?

SS3 was quoting the Thai Consulate (although he didn't post a link) and I posted what it is currently saying on the embassy's website. 

3 visits in 6 months is NOT the same as 90 days in 180. For example, 3 visits of just one week each would be 21 days.

What is happening on the ground is known about only through hearsay. You have been following the thread on TV so will know that people are having different experiences. If I experienced problems at Immigration, I would ask to see a senior officer and point out what it says at the website of the Thai embassy in my country.

You have been following the thread on TV so will know that people are having different experiences.

I have been doing no such thing! Good luck lecturing them on your rights....lol

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

I have been doing no such thing! Good luck lecturing them on your rights....lol

Yeah i can see Bazle getting arrested at immigration for being annoying.

That website he stands behind looks fishy. No one has mentioned the following from the site when its been discussed.

"Foreigners who enter Thailand under the Tourist Visa Exemption category and would like to leave and re-enter may only stay for a cumulative duration which does not exceed 90 days and is within a 6-month period from the date of first entry. (Passport or travel document must be valid for at least 6 months after the date of first entry).

Foreigners entering Thailand under the Tourist Visa Exemption category must provide proof of adequate finances for the duration of stay in Thailand at the port of entry (i.e., traveller’s cheque or cash equivalent to 10,000 Baht per person and 20,000 Baht per family)"

I heard you have to provide pics of you shagging in every room in the house now......

.....might not be true. :-)

Maybe the thai authorities will use some often seen script from PA.  Pics or it didn't happen.  I knew that PA was more dangerous than I originally thought

That website he stands behind looks fishy. No one has mentioned the following from the site when its been discussed.

They only reason I go to a Thai consulate's website is to get an email address. I do so so that  I can contact them to find out what their requirements are for what I want from them. The reason is that I think that information is on their websites can not be trusted. I can't believe that anyone trusts it when there is so much conflicting evidence. This conflicting evidence even exists between websites of different embassies/consulates.

Are deportees held in jail then transported to airport detention cells before being bundled on a flight to their home country? Who pays the flight?? And,what happens to the blokes possessions? Would he be allowed to pack his bags,or is he sent out with only the clothes he is standing up in? Anybody have any experience of deportation? Just curious. 

IDC in Bangkok, not a holiday camp but it is when compared to Nong Pla Lai. There are dorms usually with 10 in each, the food is pretty rough however there is visiting rights and visitors are allowed to bring in food for the detainees. They are not locked in the whole time and get to see visitors through a wire fence, the food after being checked is put at the end of the compound with their number on it for collection.  Several guys have died in there as any form of medical service is very scarce.  

IDC in Bangkok, not a holiday camp but it is when compared to Nong Pla Lai. There are dorms usually with 10 in each, the food is pretty rough however there is visiting rights and visitors are allowed to bring in food for the detainees. They are not locked in the whole time and get to see visitors through a wire fence, the food after being checked is put at the end of the compound with their number on it for collection. Several guys have died in there as any form of medical service is very scarce.

So farang food is out of the question?

So farang food is out of the question?

Why , you do not like fish heads soup   and rice ....? . :WinkGrin1:

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

Why , you do not like fish heads soup and rice ....? . :WinkGrin1:

Actually I'd have the Thai food, watching my weight don't you know,I'll ask them to leave the sugar.

Archived