Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Need Visa Advice Due to Change in Thai Policy

Sexyfarangman

London state over 50 is OA

Non-Immigrant Type O- A

• Proof of income with a minimum of £1,400.00 per month or £1,400.00 or £16,500 anuually
  • Medical Record
  • Criminal Record check

http://www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/49

OK just saw the O-A note at the bottom - must be applied for at London.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you need to be receiving a pension to get a Non Imm O?

Can't you still get because of family ties etc

Just looked, 

Non-Immigrant Type O

• Birth Certificate (applicant's child)
  • Certificate of Marriage or its equivalents (if married to Thai national)
  • a copy of marriage certificate,a copy of Thai passport/a copy of Thai ID of spouse and (3 months bank statement showing monthly income of more than £1,400 anuually.)
  • An official recommendation letter from organization perform voluntary job in Thailand (for volunteer job)
  • Pension statement if the applicant is a pension earner.

I was only talking about the so-called 'retirement visa' as that's what the posts had been about. I ignored the other ways of getting an 'O'.

:-)

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Criminal record check? Thats most people on here out

For the Brits;

That would probably be a Full UK 'Criminal Record' Report that is required.

If your CR misdemeanours have been 'Stepped Down', it would be prudent to find out first from a Thai embassy about how it might affect your Visa application.

For the Brits;

That would probably be a Full UK 'Criminal Record' Report that is required.

If your CR misdemeanours have been 'Stepped Down', it would be prudent to find out first from a Thai embassy about how it might affect your Visa application.

Clean as a whistle mine 

If i was in charge i wouldnt let any criminals in for any visa/exempt types

If i was in charge i wouldnt let any criminals in for any visa/exempt types

Pattaya would be half empty.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Clean as a whistle mine

LFC Fan, eh?

Does that infer that you never got Caught? :Grin3:

My request today for a 60 day visa was rejected by the Thai Consulate because I didn't provide a bank statement and a copy of my airline ticket. This is the first time I've ever had this problem. The guy at the Thai Consulate told me that they started implementing the policy this week.

For now I would assume it's embassy specific, but there's tightening all around so hard to say. I believe a visa run on the exemption is already problematic for land borders (e.g. returning on same/next day), and that later this year (August?) it will similarly be problematic for airport arrivals, forcing you to apply for a visa. The real test would be applying for a visa in Cambodia, where you can get an agent handle it for you without any hotel/flight booking.

In Singapore for example, I wouldn't bother submitting without a copy of airline ticket, but the bank statement is probably not required. I still got a warning from them, that I had been visiting too frequently and might be denied a visa the next time, yet never had that level of scrutiny from other embassies.

I know the life very well. You're lucky to still have a job.

Indeed. Very lucky. Over the last 5-6 years inparticular, both Labour and Liberals have shut down a vast majority of shipping and off shore jobs in Australia and I have a lot of very experienced friends out of work now. I'm glad I don't own property in Thailand as the future of being able to be here so often is looking dicey.

Shipping is now dominated by foreign crewed vessels and all manner of visa loop holes in off shore. Not sure there's gonna be much of a future in these industries even if exploration were to start again as the overseas workers have been handed it on a plate

Im Getting side tracked from the original thread content I know...just a subject very close to home right now

Indeed. Very lucky. Over the last 5-6 years inparticular, both Labour and Liberals have shut down a vast majority of shipping and off shore jobs in Australia and I have a lot of very experienced friends out of work now. I'm glad I don't own property in Thailand as the future of being able to be here so often is looking dicey.

Shipping is now dominated by foreign crewed vessels and all manner of visa loop holes in off shore. Not sure there's gonna be much of a future in these industries even if exploration were to start again as the overseas workers have been handed it on a plate

Im Getting side tracked from the original thread content I know...just a subject very close to home right now

This happens and has happened to many ex-pats in the past when their job ends and the money dries up, the decision of when to go home and 'regroup' has to be faced and acted upon. Sadly some don't and end up in a dark place by trying to hang on to the Dream, hoping that something will turn up..

• 2 weeks later...

An update on my application for a one year multi entry extension of stay (retirement) visa………..applied through an agent within Thailand and received it yesterday………..took over 3 weeks from application to receipt.

An update on my application for a one year multi entry extension of stay (retirement) visa………..applied through an agent within Thailand and received it yesterday………..took over 3 weeks from application to receipt.

How much did it cost?

How much did it cost?

I paid 25k via an agent……a friend did it himself via soi 5 and it cost him 19k…….some people on here have said they can do it for a lot less but who knows? I can only tell you what i know

I paid 25k via an agent……a friend did it himself via soi 5 and it cost him 19k…….some people on here have said they can do it for a lot less but who knows? I can only tell you what i know

Scuze me......19k at Soi 5 Immigration for what?

For something dodgy, as presumably your 25k was for?

A One Year Extension of Stay (Retirement) costs 1,900 Baht, plus 3,800 Baht if you need a Multi Re-entry Permit.

Sorry if I've misunderstood.

Scuze me......19k at Soi 5 Immigration for what?

For something dodgy, as presumably your 25k was for?

A One Year Extension of Stay (Retirement) costs 1,900 Baht, plus 3,800 Baht if you need a Multi Re-entry Permit.

Sorry if I've misunderstood.

I know peopel have paid 25k when they haven't got the 800,000 in bank for retirement visa and the police put money in bank so the visa can be issued, some people do this year in year out

I know peopel have paid 25k when they haven't got the 800,000 in bank for retirement visa and the police put money in bank so the visa can be issued, some people do this year in year out

Dont think its the police but yes I think most people know that.....but 19k at Immigration itself?

No, you have not misunderstood, that is what I paid. i did not attempt to do anything dodgy either, I have been here 3 years and have enough funds in my Thai bank account. I gave them my bank book, rental agreement and passport.

i tried 2 agents, both of whom quoted the same figure. sounds like i was conned but i did not want to risk refusal on my next entry. My friend, who attends the ex pats meetings ( for advice presumably) paid the same. He is on a 28 day rotation, as i was, so time was of the essence.

This was both our first application for a "retirement visa" and 1900 is apparently what you pay when you renew said visa? It's now water under the bridge but i  would be interested to know of any first timers have paid the figures you mentioned recently i.e. in the past two months.

No, you have not misunderstood, that is what I paid. i did not attempt to do anything dodgy either, I have been here 3 years and have enough funds in my Thai bank account. I gave them my bank book, rental agreement and passport.

i tried 2 agents, both of whom quoted the same figure. sounds like i was conned but i did not want to risk refusal on my next entry. My friend, who attends the ex pats meetings ( for advice presumably) paid the same. He is on a 28 day rotation, as i was, so time was of the essence.

This was both our first application for a "retirement visa" and 1900 is apparently what you pay when you renew said visa? It's now water under the bridge but i  would be interested to know of any first timers have paid the figures you mentioned recently i.e. in the past two months.

Strange that two agents quoted that.

Funds 800k were seeded 2 months in your account?

Only other thing is what visa you were on - if Visa Waiver or Tourist Visa then that would cost you a fair bit more to convert to O Visa.

You could do that yourself too but you might have had to go to Bangkok.

If that's what it was, then you should have got 90 days plus the One Year.

The basic fee for the Extension is definitely 1,900 but then you said multi re-entry so that's another 3,800.

You can apply for your next one up to one month in advance so read up and do it early - the Extension is consecutive so you lose nothing.

Make sure your balance doesn't dip under 800k even for one day of the 3 months prior to your application

Thanks for your input and advice. I have been coming here for years and had no problem going in or out but with the current stance immigration are taking i felt i needed to get the multi entry one year visa.

I had a 60 day tourist visa from UK which is what i gave the agent, forgive my ignorance of the process, but yes you are correct I now have a one year plus 90 days.

I have had +800k baht in my account for at least a year so that was not an issue.

I am meeting my friend this afternoon ( the one who attended the ex pat meetings)  so I will update him on your comments. Neither of us have any experience of the process hence the reason he attended the meetings……..its a pity you were not at them as it appears he ( and ultimately me) were pointed in the wrong direction.

I will heed your advice on renewal and do a bit more homework to boot!

Again thanks for your advice

As others have stated, the bank statement and airline ticket is not a new requirement, and has been part of the requirements for a 60-day VISA since 2012 per the Royal Thai Embassy website in DC.  Attached is a pdf page dated 11/26/2012 showing the Royal Thai Embassy in DC posted requirements when I applied for my 60-day VISA, and its been the same when I applied in 2013, 2014 and 2015.   In addition to the stated requirements they add:

Consular officers reserve the right to request additional documents as

deemed necessary and also reserve the right to reject any application without

having to provide reason.

2012 60 Day Tourist VISA.pdf

Visa exempt is free, 30 day extension 1900 baht

Mmm only 30 day extension.  I am on australian passport and was in 2014 doing  30days exemption I would get a 60day extension for 1900 baht.  This was at immigration in Jomtien.  

Mmm only 30 day extension.  I am on australian passport and was in 2014 doing  30days exemption I would get a 60day extension for 1900 baht.  This was at immigration in Jomtien.  

In 2014 weren't the extensions only for 7 days?

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Archived