Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Need Visa Advice Due to Change in Thai Policy

Sexyfarangman

Yes I know that, I was just thinking out loud (well typing out loud)

:LOL2:

Thinking?

You better go lie down in a darkened room.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was one post by a BM a few months ago saying a woman in Jomtien Immigration said she'd only give him a 7-day extension but if he paid 3000 he'd get 30 days.

He paid 3000 - but the receipt said 1900.

TiT

In that situation I'd leave and get another number and start again or come back the next day.

There was one post by a BM a few months ago saying a woman in Jomtien Immigration said she'd only give him a 7-day extension but if he paid 3000 he'd get 30 days.

He paid 3000 - but the receipt said 1900.

TiT

Certainly you are not alleging that there is corruption in Thailand. :SoWhat1:

In that situation I'd leave and get another number and start again or come back the next day.

She already had his passport!

Certainly you are not alleging that there is corruption in Thailand. :SoWhat1:

Of course not.

She already had his passport!

Of course not.

I'd say no and ask for the passport back. If the story is true she was just trying it on.

He is in the US maybe his consulate has gone rogue.

Or it could be due to the strained Thai/USA relationship.  Seems Thailand is starting to get cozy with China

A bit late for the OP but my recommendation is to always contact the embassy/consulate before applying for a visa to check their requirements. This is because the requirements change regularly and you can't trust what is on any website.

I applied for a non-imm O visa last week in Australia and their requirements were stricter than two years prior (although they no long required income/savings evidence). As normal I contacted them before going and all was good.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

For some people, a 30 day tourist Visa is long enough for the time they need  and do not require double or triple visas

As a tourist Visa is good for 30 days, How long a time does a foreigner have to stay out of the Kingdom before they can fly in again and get another 30 day tourist Visa?

Can they do this time after time or is there a limit?

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Having read the following posts then Yes, I should have written 'Visa Exempt'

For some people, a 30 day tourist Visa is long enough for the time they need  and do not require double or triple visas. Oil Rig Workers for example who work a 28/28 day  Work Rota.

As a tourist Visa is good for 30 days, How long a time does a foreigner have to stay out of the Kingdom before they can fly in again and get another 30 day tourist Visa?

I'm afraid that's a question that there's never a clear answer to.

They go through periods of 'tightening up' then ease off again.

It comes down to whether the Immigration officer looks through your passport and decides there's too many!

Assuming you are flying in and out, not doing out/in land crossings, and there's a gap between visits then you should be OK. No guarantees!

The last announcement I read was saying no more than 180 days in Thailand within a year, but you can't really rely on anything.

For some people, a 30 day tourist Visa is long enough for the time they need  and do not require double or triple visas.

Actually a tourist visa is good for 60 days. A visa exempt stay (which is what you are asking about) allows you to stay in the country for 30 days, but it is not a visa.

I don't know what the definitive answer is to the question as it is always changing. If you are going to stay for an extended period arriving on anything less than a tourist visa (ie with a visa sticker in your passport) is poor planning (to put it politely).

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

Actually a tourist visa is good for 60 days. A visa exempt stay (which is what you are asking about) allows you to stay in the country for 30 days, but it is not a visa.

I don't know what the definitive answer is to the question as it is always changing. If you are going to stay for an extended period arriving on anything less than a tourist visa (ie with a visa sticker in your passport) is poor planning (to put it politely).

Yes, I assumed he meant Visa Exempt and answered accordingly.

Yes, I assumed he meant Visa Exempt and answered accordingly.

Yes I can see that.

Unfortunately many people confuse the visa exempt stays with tourist visas. I understand why there is confusion and I think it is an important distinction to point out.

If you are going to stay for an extended period arriving on anything less than a tourist visa (ie with a visa sticker in your passport) is poor planning (to put it politely).

Some people, such as Oil Rig Workers are tied into a 28 day at work/28days on Leave Rota so can only plan their trips to the Kingdom to coincide with their time on Leave (or 'Field Break' as it is called). It's not Poor Planning, just the only way they can do it without obtaining whatever type of visa it is that constitutes a multi exit-re entry Visa which may be an unnecessary expense they don't have to incur if they are allowed to just keep coming and going on 'Visa Exempts'.

Some people, such as Oil Rig Workers are tied into a 28 day at work/28days on Leave Rota so can only plan their trips to the Kingdom to coincide with their time on Leave (or 'Field Break' as it is called). It's not Poor Planning, just the only way they can do it.

Not easy visiting a Consulate for a visa if you're on a rig :-)

Some people, such as Oil Rig Workers are tied into a 28 day at work/28days on Leave Rota so can only plan their trips to the Kingdom to coincide with their time on Leave (or 'Field Break' as it is called). It's not Poor Planning, just the only way they can do it without obtaining whatever type of visa it is that constitutes a multi exit-re entry Visa which may be an unnecessary expense they don't have to incur if they are allowed to just keep coming and going on 'Visa Exempts'.

People on that rotation are not travelling to Thailand for 'extended periods' so my comment does not apply to them. Even so there have been reports of people in that position having problems when entering Thailand.

According to my local Thai Consulate, you can only have 3 visa exempts then a tourist visa is required.

According to my local Thai Consulate, you can only have 3 visa exempts then a tourist visa is required.

Did you ask for an explanation about this? I mean is it 3 in a row with no or little break in between or 3 in a year or something different?

Did you ask for an explanation about this? I mean is it 3 in a row with no or little break in between or 3 in a year or something different?

See 2, it just says after 3 visits to Thailand. Whoever this applies to give them a call.

277a17d441bd4a692f25df8fb7d4e814.jpg

See 2, it just says after 3 visits to Thailand. Whoever this applies to give them a call.

I think it is poor wording and/or lacking important details. That suggests that if someone visited once a year for 3 years they would need to get a tourist visa for a fourth visit. I think we can take it with a pinch of salt.

I meant a visa exempt visit followed by 28 days away then another visit and so on repeatedly.

as I am reading it, That can happen for only 3 Visits and then a Visa must be obtained before arrival for a 4th visit.

Did I interpret it right?

According to that info from one Thai Consulate.

Doesn't mean that's correct!

Sorry. No hard & fast answer. It's, obviously, the way the Thai's want it.

Up to the discretion of the Officer on the day.

As cc7up highlighted I and many others fall into the 28 day rotation and until this January had no issues coming and going. However I was told in January whilst entering Thailand that I would  not be allowed a further entry unless I had a visa from my own country (UK) Since then many people in the same boat as myself have been told  likewise.

As cc7up highlighted I and many others fall into the 28 day rotation and until this January had no issues coming and going. However I was told in January whilst entering Thailand that I would not be allowed a further entry unless I had a visa from my own country (UK) Since then many people in the same boat as myself have been told

Similar to my schedule and I too was told the same thing. Very difficult to get a visa sorted whilst off-shore. I'm not gonna be going and asking my employer for a letter every 6 months to apply for multi entry. Still wandering how I'm going to deal with this. Applying for single entry tourist visa every 2 nd month and putting my passport in the post with that frequency isn't very comfortable either.

Any advice from others in a similar situation gratefully received. Even if I could get it in the post, the accepted payment methods ( referring to uk advice above) of cash or postal order will be another huge hurdle .

Archived