IGNORED

Need Visa Advice Due to Change in Thai Policy

Sexyfarangman

As cc7up highlighted I and many others fall into the 28 day rotation and until this January had no issues coming and going. However I was told in January whilst entering Thailand that I would not be allowed a further entry unless I had a visa from my own country (UK) Since then many people in the same boat as myself have been told

Similar to my schedule and I too was told the same thing. Very difficult to get a visa sorted whilst off-shore. I'm not gonna be going and asking my employer for a letter every 6 months to apply for multi entry. Still wandering how I'm going to deal with this. Applying for single entry tourist visa every 2 nd month and putting my passport in the post with that frequency isn't very comfortable either.

Give the problem to your employer

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I travel outside of work and of my own choice, no connection to my employer and I pay my own fare. Not sure I want them being involved or knowing I'm overseas so much.

You're meant to be able to get a SETV in any country. It's only the METV that says country of residence only.

It's still a pain, but I guess it means a visit to the nearest Consulate before each visit to Thailand.

Assuming there is one somewhere near where you're working!

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Any other websites where this same problem is being discussed for rig/oil workers or seamen?

Any other websites where this same problem is being discussed for rig/oil workers or seamen?

Thaivisa forum seem to have a lot of visa threads and is probably the best place to look

My request today for a 60 day visa was rejected by the Thai Consulate because I didn't provide a bank statement and a copy of my airline ticket. This is the first time I've ever had this problem. The guy at the Thai Consulate told me that they started implementing the policy this week.

I know I can still enter for 30 days without a visa. My question is whether the extension I can get once in Thailand will be good for 7 or 30 days. I know that it's 30 days if entering on a 60 day visa. However, I don't know if it's still a 30 day extension if just entering for 30 days with my American passport. I seem to recall that there has been some confusion on the issue. If I can get a 30 day extension in Thailand, then I won't need the aggravation of getting a 60 day visa here in the US.

Any authoritative information on this subject is greatly appreciated.

How about giving them the information they ask for?

A travel agent will make a booking and hold it (or cancel it and rebook) so you can have a printed itinerary and one presumes you have a bank account and are not homeless.

A travel agent will make a booking and hold it (or cancel it and rebook) so you can have a printed itinerary and one presumes you have a bank account and are not homeless.

I don't believe that a booking will work at all consulates but may at some. While I was in the office last week a guy was applying for a tourist visa. He gave them a booking and was told that only an eticket was good enough. They were looking for the eticket number on it. I don't believe one of these is issued on a booking that hasn't been paid for. Unless you are going to pay top dollar cancelling or changing dates will not be a good option.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I got a 30 day extension on a 30 day on arrival visa for 1900 baht at Jomtien on the 14th of March 2016.

Remember to bring your hotel info.

I posted previously about being told I would be refused entry at airport on my next visit unless I had a visa from UK...............So I  cut my Thailand vacation short and returned to UK and got a 60 day visa. I have recently returned and I am now in the process of getting a one year extension of stay with multi entries. I have a Thai account with enough funds so hopefully that will resolve the issue......if not I will update you.

It seems those working a 28/28 Rota will only be able to visit the Kingdom on an 'Exempt Visa' for a maximum of 3 visits per year. With having 6 X 'On Leave' opportunities per year, a solution would be to do one Leave time trip to the Kingdom and the next 'leave' to another S.E Asian countries like Cambodia, Vietnam,Bali or PP followed by another trip to the Kingdom and so on thus keeping to the allowed limit Specs without breaking the Rules. One trip to the kingdom every 4 months = 3 X LOS trips per year on an Exempt Visa.

A 'Year' plan could be;

LOS> Rig> Cambo> Rig> LOS> Rig> Bali> Rig> LOS> Rig> V'Nam> Rig>.... and so on.

LOS> Rig> Cambo> Rig> LOS> Rig> Bali> Rig> LOS> Rig> V'Nam> Rig>.... and so on.

Alternatively you could spend a few days in the UK (or in an adjoining country if you work outside of the UK) getting a tourist visa every fourth rotation.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

Alternatively you could spend a few days in the UK (or in an adjoining country if you work outside of the UK) getting a tourist visa every fourth rotation.

Travel time to/from the Rig usually takes up 2 of the 28 days of 'Leave time' so it's actually a 30/26 Day Rota which at best effectively means a 3 week 'trip' is the best option possible leaving a few days each side, just in case of a delay. Not turning up for your 'Crew Change' is a 'Cardinal Sin' which is not appreciated by your Company and especially not by your opposite number who has to stay until you are physically on the Rig to relieve him.

That was my way of life for 35 years as an Oil Rig Worker and when I worked in Africa, I spent my 'Field Breaks' Living as an ex-pat in Pre-EU Malta for 4 years, entering on a Tourist Visa every time.

Travel time to/from the Rig usually takes up 2 of the 28 days of 'Leave time' so it's actually a 30/26 Day Rota which at best effectively means a 3 week 'trip' is the best option possible leaving a few days each side, just in case of a delay. Not turning up for your 'Crew Change' is a 'Cardinal Sin' which is not appreciated by your Company and especially not by your opposite number who has to stay until you are physically on the Rig to relieve him.

That was my way of life for 35 years as an Oil Rig Worker.

I know the life very well. You're lucky to still have a job.

I posted previously about being told I would be refused entry at airport on my next visit unless I had a visa from UK...............So I  cut my Thailand vacation short and returned to UK and got a 60 day visa. I have recently returned and I am now in the process of getting a one year extension of stay with multi entries. I have a Thai account with enough funds so hopefully that will resolve the issue......if not I will update you.

You are getting a one year extension with multi entry?

Where are you getting this from the UK, do you mean a Non Immigrant Multi Entry Visa?

I assume he's over 50 and is getting Retirement Extension.

Where are you getting this from the UK, do you mean a Non Immigrant Multi Entry Visa?

You can only get an extension from within Thailand. You need to apply for a multiple re-entry permit at the same time if you want to come and go.

He said returned.....here....Thailand.

I believe the wording of the one from UK re age has been changed from over 50 to in receipt of state pension...married to Thai being the other choice.

I assume he's over 50 and is getting Retirement Extension.

You can only get an extension from within Thailand. You need to apply for a multiple re-entry permit at the same time if you want to come and go.

I believe the wording of the one from UK re age has been changed from over 50 to in receipt of state pension...married to Thai being the other choice.

Many thanks everyone for clearing that up

In receipt of UK state pension rather than over 50, is this a new thing? Is it still over 50 if applied for in Thailand?

It says State Pension for an 'O' Visa.

It says over 50 for 'O-A' Visa.

On Thai Embassy London website.

It says State Pension for an 'O' Visa.

It says over 50 for 'O-A' Visa.

On Thai Embassy London website.

So you need to be receiving a pension to get a Non Imm O?

Can't you still get because of family ties etc

Just looked, 

Non-Immigrant Type O

• Birth Certificate (applicant's child)
  • Certificate of Marriage or its equivalents (if married to Thai national)
  • a copy of marriage certificate,a copy of Thai passport/a copy of Thai ID of spouse and (3 months bank statement showing monthly income of more than £1,400 anuually.)
  • An official recommendation letter from organization perform voluntary job in Thailand (for volunteer job)
  • Pension statement if the applicant is a pension earner.

In receipt of UK state pension rather than over 50, is this a new thing? Is it still over 50 if applied for in Thailand?

For an Extension of Stay (Retirement) yes it's still 50.

When I looked on the Hull Consulate website recently for a friend it says :-

Capture.JPG

I couldn't find where it used to say over 50 but maybe I missed it?

http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/pdf/v4-rtc-hull-visa-application-pack-2016.pdf

London state over 50 is OA

Non-Immigrant Type O- A

• Proof of income with a minimum of £1,400.00 per month or £1,400.00 or £16,500 anuually
  • Medical Record
  • Criminal Record check

http://www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/49

Archived