IGNORED

How to extend validity of sim card with AIS , DTAC and True

Damn I just tried up to top up my Dtac sim and the number isn't being recognised. I was able to top up again after a few months last time but I guess they've changed things. Oh well, it's not a big deal to just get a new one when I arrive.

• Like 2

• 3 years later...

One option is to ask a friend living in Thailand to top it up for you every month for you at a kiosk, all they need is your number and whatever baht you give them in advance.

However, I was turned on to an even better way this last trip...  A fellow BM recommended AIS and taught me the 'trick' to extending the life of the SIM.  What I did was sign up in their Central Festival store (3rd floor, I believe) for whatever promo they currently had for 250 baht, and got the new pre-paid tourist SIM put in my phone, which was valid until 31 January.  Once I had the SIM, the trick to extending the validity beyond the 30 day tourist SIM is to go the AIS kiosk (in the same store) and top up with 20 baht (or whatever amount you want, 20 baht is the minimum).  I received a text msg saying that I topped up and my SIM was valid another month (28 February).  Topped up again with 20 baht and once again, I receive a text saying my SIM was good for yet another month (31 March).   I kept topping up 20 baht at a time, several times, and now the tourist SIM is valid until 31 December 2020.

I'm not sure if you can do that trick with other providers.

If you want a better experience with your "date"... read, learn, live the following:

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/22263-vetting-bar-girls-and-how-to-pass-their-own-vett

One option is to ask a friend living in Thailand to top it up for you every month for you at a kiosk, all they need is your number and whatever baht you give them in advance.
However, I was turned on to an even better way this last trip...  A fellow BM recommended AIS and taught me the 'trick' to extending the life of the SIM.  What I did was sign up in their Central Festival store (3rd floor, I believe) for whatever promo they currently had for 250 baht, and got the new pre-paid tourist SIM put in my phone, which was valid until 31 January.  Once I had the SIM, the trick to extending the validity beyond the 30 day tourist SIM is to go the AIS kiosk (in the same store) and top up with 20 baht (or whatever amount you want, 20 baht is the minimum).  I received a text msg saying that I topped up and my SIM was valid another month (28 February).  Topped up again with 20 baht and once again, I receive a text saying my SIM was good for yet another month (31 March).   I kept topping up 20 baht at a time, several times, and now the tourist SIM is valid until 31 December 2020.

I’ve been doing this since 2012. I’ve had the same ph number since then. You can also go to Family Mart and buy 50 baht top up card. I buy a couple of top up cards, do 1 straight away and the do the other the next day. Rinse repeat until you get 12 months in advance. This is the maximum that you can be paid up for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

On 23/01/2020 at 09:19, Buddy Edgewood said:

Sorry but what's new in your post ? This is what has been said and explained since years. And you don't need to go to AIS,, just refill 10 thb at the orange machines in front of 711.

It has also been clearly explained for others carriers.

3 hours ago, BkkApt said:

Sorry but what's new in your post ? This is what has been said and explained since years. And you don't need to go to AIS,, just refill 10 thb at the orange machines in front of 711.

It has also been clearly explained for others carriers.

Seems neither perused the thread before posting. 

As you stated, 10 + 2 baht machines in front of 7-11/Family Mart is the cheapest way to max out a new SIM validity.

Though getting all those coins can be inconvenient. :)

As you stated, 10 + 2 baht machines in front of 7-11/Family Mart is the cheapest way to max out a new SIM validity.
Though getting all those coins can be inconvenient. [emoji4]

The cheapest/free way as mentioned many times is to deposit the minimum every time since each deposit extends it by another month. However, I would not deposit more than I actually need because of the recurring plans that will drain your account dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live here and use AIS. AIS will allow you to top off your load giving you another month each time you do so up until one year out.

Rules change, I used to have a 1 year SIM. Now they tell me they do not do them.

What I do...

DTAC prepaid, go into the DTAC booth and give them 100 baht for 5 times 20 baht top up's. That will last you 5 months.

Each time you put another 20 baht in, you get another month on top.

You do not need to take in your phone, just tell them the phone number that you want to charge up, and all good. Anyone can do this for you.

On from this, if you have a Thai bank account you can top up 20 baht via your bank phone app and it gives you another month.

• 2 months later...

Hi there,   I have a Q regarding my AIS mobile no.

As I'm not going to be there before my sim expires due to the current situation, I need to extend my validity.

My Q is, can I use some Cr in my phone now to buy extra time?  I have balance of B806  and expiring 11/04 (April).

Is there a code to buy time from my balance?

Otherwise I will just have to buy some top ups.

Thanks in advance,  Cheers

A Wombat... Eats roots, shoots and leaves.

1 hour ago, johnlb said:

Is there a code to buy time from my balance?

Try *500*9# call ... "should" get you 30 days for 30 Bht

If it doesn't work (or you just want to trickle top up) I use an app called Ding Top Up (https://www.ding.com/). Can do 10 Bht at a time for an extra month, if you time it right fees aren't too bad. First time I used it they where doing 10 Bht for 1 cent for first transfer (with a slight glitch in the code so I got 8 months for 8 cents as they kept offering :Dunno1:). Other times they waived the processing fee.

Just checked and at the moment for 10 Bhat top up (30 day extension) you're looking at AU$1.28.

Not sure i`m correct, but I have an AIS sim in a dedicated thai phone, have downloaded the AIS app and have credit till 05/08/20 can then top up 50Bt a month (max 3 months) when ill top up for my Nov trip and internet in one go, so im all up and running when land.

So for £15 a year get to keep my number, contacts and saves fannying around at the airport and the Mall

I'm with DTAC and go to their shop in Big C Extra and ask for another year on my SIM. The cost is 30 or 35 baht which comes off my balance. 
I've been doing this for years and last did it in November 2019.

20 hours ago, Ru4Real said:

Try *500*9# call ... "should" get you 30 days for 30 Bht

If it doesn't work (or you just want to trickle top up) I use an app called Ding Top Up (https://www.ding.com/). Can do 10 Bht at a time for an extra month, if you time it right fees aren't too bad. First time I used it they where doing 10 Bht for 1 cent for first transfer (with a slight glitch in the code so I got 8 months for 8 cents as they kept offering :Dunno1:). Other times they waived the processing fee.

Just checked and at the moment for 10 Bhat top up (30 day extension) you're looking at AU$1.28.

Thanks Ru4Real, that worked nicely!  Cost me B 31.06 and I got 1 month extra validity.

I'll do that every month. I've also saved that ding.com site too.

THANKS,  Cheers

A Wombat... Eats roots, shoots and leaves.

No worries, Ding works out cheaper (plus you increase balance rather than detract) but whatever works :D

If not wanting to do monthly, just do multiples one after the other, the extra month gets added to a max of 12 months validity. So, $12.80 or there abouts (10 x 10 Bht via Ding) will get you to April 2021.

• Like 2

hello, still no code to extend 12call SIM card ?

Only refill can extend ?

Thank you.

On 24/01/2020 at 17:22, Bruno123 said:

Though getting all those coins can be inconvenient. :)

Give notes to a bar girl, she'll change it from all those 5 baht tips LDOPs keep giving when paying their bills. You then buy her a drink when she's been to the machine and topped up your phone for the year.

4 hours ago, BkkApt said:

hello, still no code to extend 12call SIM card ?

Have you tried *500*9# call

On 31/03/2020 at 05:21, thinkingallowed said:

Give notes to a bar girl, she'll change it from all those 5 baht tips LDOPs keep giving when paying their bills. You then buy her a drink when she's been to the machine and topped up your phone for the year.

You don't need coins at all. The Boontherm machines will keep any change left over credited to your number. So when you use them again, you will see a credit there.

I use Mobil Topup in Thailand. You can Extend for a month for less than A Euro. I am using it five years now,never had a problem. Very cheap.

I extend my AIS 12Call sim using my Bangkok Bank account online. I also use those orange boxes outside the convieniece stores. The oragne box gives an extra 30 days and you can charge ten baht at a time. Each 'charge up' cost a few baht.

• Like 1

Dtac guy here [emoji4]

You can connect the dtac app on your smartphone with your Facebook account. Then you can log on to your dtac account even when you are at home and don't use the dtac sim card.

Top up through credit card works fine as well as starting a data package while still outside of Thailand.

Very convenient

Gesendet von meinem SM-T815 mit Tapatalk

Please keep in mind that everything I write is based on my own experiences, my personal preferences and my expectations. YMMV!

There's nothing wrong about being cheap ... but being cheap isn't being smart ... never was, never will be ... it's just cheap

• 6 months later...

Reviving this thread:

FYI

I have a True SIM that was going to expire in January 2021. I have a lot of credit on it.

I used the True Live Chat today and once I’d got through to an agent, took an hour, she quickly extended the validity for a further 180 days for 12 baht 45 satang taken from my credit.

• Like 2

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

On 29/03/2020 at 13:24, Geordie59 said:

I'm with DTAC and go to their shop in Big C Extra and ask for another year on my SIM. The cost is 30 or 35 baht which comes off my balance. 
I've been doing this for years and last did it in November 2019.

Every time I top up my DTAC sim at one of the machines outside 7/11 I get a full year before expiry. This September I topped up 20 + 2 bt charge and got another year.