IGNORED

How to extend validity of sim card with AIS , DTAC and True

On 09/04/2021 at 20:18, spider0064 said:

In the end I contacted a girl and asked her to get me 2 x50bht  credits but really don't know as I don't have roaming on the sim, just have to wait till I get back now as I don't know how long that will last till, had the number since 2015 so don't want to loose it as it's linked to my kasikorn a/c and a number of friends over the years.

Also not sure how long before they reallocate the number 

Send me the number via PM. I will extend it until 2022 for you. Include the network in the PM.

I use AIS. Not all shops have the scratch off cards. My regular shop does have them. I normally buy "10" 50 baht cards at a time. Using them as needed, I am able to keep a years validity. My normal useage is maybe 50 aht per month so it works well for me.

• 11 months later...

Have heard the Bangkok Bank at Walking Street has been closed.  Will be staying almost opposite the branch on Buakhao so will go in and see them and see if I need to change anything.

Just to make sure that all is still working, I topped up my AIS from my mobile (first time) an hour ago.  Went OK except that I was not able to select 20B top up.  Would not accept it!  So changed to 50B and it worked fine but a bit of a PIA.

Normally use IBanking through my pc to top up AIS and always used 20B.  Logged onto IBanking and selected 20B top up and it went through fine, just like it always had...

Oh well, will never use MBanking for top up again...

But at least my BKK Bank mobile and pc are both working normally.  Feel good about that.

5 hours ago, Barhop said:

Just to make sure that all is still working, I topped up my AIS from my mobile (first time) an hour ago.  Went OK except that I was not able to select 20B top up.  Would not accept it!  So changed to 50B and it worked fine but a bit of a PIA.

Normally use IBanking through my pc to top up AIS and always used 20B.  Logged onto IBanking and selected 20B top up and it went through fine, just like it always had...

Oh well, will never use MBanking for top up again...

But at least my BKK Bank mobile and pc are both working normally.  Feel good about that.

I use Ding.com for my AIS top ups.

It allows Bht 10 top up using a credit card, no fee but they make a small amount on the exchange rate.

Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards.

2 hours ago, Zeb said:

I use Ding.com for my AIS top ups.

It allows Bht 10 top up using a credit card, no fee but they make a small amount on the exchange rate.

Cheers, used mobiletopup.com myself for quite a while, with no complaints, although small fee, until a BM here told of BKK Bank fee free transfer.  No credit cards, just use my bank account.  Lots of ways, it seems :wink:

I had the same dtac-number for years. And to extend it I had to register it with (made up) address, passport and work place. During covid it somehow stopped working in Europe even though I extended it regularly.

When I got back I just bought a dtac sim at the baggage belt and later in a regular shop they actually refused me to register it and just extended it for 100b. Interesting change, perhaps law changed for prepaid sims? Top up done from my Thai bank account app.

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully helpful to somebody here…I’ve just extended validity on my DTAC number for 6 months by dialling *113*180*9# from my phone at a cost of 15 baht from my existing balance.  I’m in the UK currently. 
In the past I’ve extended it via their App…I can no longer see an option to do so.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Well, some good news.  Back in Oz now and decided  minute ago to top up my AIS, to both extend validity and put a transaction on my Bangkok Bank account.  On the payment page, the amount options are listed, starts at 20B, 50B and so on...  The last few times I did this, the 20B would not select and so the minimum was 50B, grrr.

The good news is: the 20B option is once again available :Clap9:

• Like 2

I logged into my AIS account and there is an option for 10 Baht top up (10b extends the SIM validity by 30 days), just did it 6 x to extend my SIM a further 6 months.. :) 

• 3 weeks later...

i always use this ussd code to extend my brother's sim from dtac

*113*180*9# to extend 180 days with dtac, cost 12 baht.

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

15 hours ago, themosch said:

i always use this ussd code to extend my brother's sim from dtac

*113*180*9# to extend 180 days with dtac, cost 12 baht.

I tried to extend validity with Dtac the other day and tje cost had increased  by 50% to 3bht per month. 

Not gonna argue as I did make use of the offer to pay 130bht for a 150bht top up 3 times. 

It's paid for itself. 

Edited by Baddave

On 17/09/2022 at 04:43, Baddave said:

I tried to extend validity with Dtac the other day and tje cost had increased  by 50% to 3bht per month. 

Not gonna argue as I did make use of the offer to pay 130bht for a 150bht top up 3 times. 

It's paid for itself. 

An increase would surprise me, as i extended his validity last april for 6 months, But still cheaper than a monthly plan for tourist who come regularly.

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

4 minutes ago, themosch said:

An increase would surprise me, as i extended his validity last april for 6 months, But still cheaper than a monthly plan for tourist who come regularly.

It  was definitely 3bht deducted from my balance for a 30 day extension. 

I'm now valid till 16th September next year,which should do me just fine,as I probably won't  be back till around that time anyway. 

Edited by Baddave

Due to Covid I’ve let my Thai SIM expire. True online help (which was available instantly) tell me I can get a refund on the balance if I go to a shop but there’s no way to reactivate the number. I’ll see if I actually get the refund - I did screenshot the conversation.

I’ll look for the best package on a new Sim when I get there. Looking at 3 months on/3 months off visits so PAYG will probably still be better than monthly contract. I’ll see.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

With DTac they give you some "coins" you can use 

They have various things you can redeem each day until the daily limit is reached 

You can extend your validity if you want with these coins which you get when you top up credit 

These coins expire December 31 and you can do one a week 

So if you play your cards right you can increase the validity of your Sim and it don't cost you a baht to do so 

Screenshot_2022-09-25-18-57-05-47_565736b1aca24021ed0ed2e2febc9f47.thumb.jpg.cc4ed3fcc9b2f888e21ef6124a8006b4.jpg

• Like 2

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I do the top up method to extend the validity of my AIS for another month by another month.

However, does anyone know how to pause a recurring data plan? I have a monthly recurring unlimited 10mbit plan for 300 baht which I don't want to lose. If I have no money in my account, I don't get charged. However, if I top up to extend the validity and it goes over 60 baht, it will take my money and charge the partial plan! 🤦‍♂️

Not sure if I'm being clever or stupid but I top up my AIS a couple of times a month from a Bangkok Bank account. I'm on a basic b1/min call rate and I pay approx b200/mth for WiFi and super WiFi (auto login in big stores) somehow I get unlimited very fast 4G (150mbps) with tethering. I can receive but not send SMSs in Ireland. My SIM will currently expire 1 Oct 2023.

Basically I'm wary of cancelling my plan for the 3 to 6 months  away as it just seems too good to be true. Even if I only use 6 months of the year it works out it b400/mth for unlimited very fast WiFi/4G and that's a good deal even by Irish standards.

Edited by PostMan

On 21/09/2022 at 15:32, davidge said:

Due to Covid I’ve let my Thai SIM expire. True online help (which was available instantly) tell me I can get a refund on the balance if I go to a shop but there’s no way to reactivate the number. I’ll see if I actually get the refund - I did screenshot the conversation.

I’ll look for the best package on a new Sim when I get there. Looking at 3 months on/3 months off visits so PAYG will probably still be better than monthly contract. I’ll see.

I just got an AIS ‘12 month sim’.

Monthly allowance of 70gig of data, 60mins of local calls.  
Was priced at about 1600b but when he put it through it showed as ‘on promotion’ 1200b (for the whole 12 months).   Can pay another 12 months ahead at any time…

• Like 2

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Perhaps a stupid question but on my last trip I bought a AIS sim with 30 days prepaid in May, I am returning in Oct can I just add time/credit etc onto that sim or would it be dead allready?