IGNORED

How to extend validity of sim card with AIS , DTAC and True

1 minute ago, bangna said:

Every time I top up my DTAC sim at one of the machines outside 7/11 I get a full year before expiry. This September I topped up 20 + 2 bt charge and got another year.

With True you get an extra month every time you top up by 90 baht up to a maximum of 12 months but you can pay a few baht to extend anyway.

• Like 2

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

On 21/10/2020 at 03:06, bangna said:

Every time I top up my DTAC sim at one of the machines outside 7/11 I get a full year before expiry. This September I topped up 20 + 2 bt charge and got another year.

sorry but it's wrong

you get 1 month maximum for any top up.

you need to top up 12 times 10 baht (+2 baht) to get 1 year.

On 21/10/2020 at 02:53, davidge said:

Reviving this thread:

FYI

I have a True SIM that was going to expire in January 2021. I have a lot of credit on it.

I used the True Live Chat today and once I’d got through to an agent, took an hour, she quickly extended the validity for a further 180 days for 12 baht 45 satang taken from my credit.

Why not do it alone with a code to extend ?

58 minutes ago, gaplem said:

Why not do it alone with a code to extend ?

Because the SIM wouldn’t work here - I tried it! 

3 hours ago, gaplem said:

sorry but it's wrong

Sorry, you may need to top up 12 times but you have no idea which DTAC sim I have. I would not make a claim if it was untrue.

I do it every trip to keep my number.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, gaplem said:

sorry but it's wrong

Just checked my messages received following the last 2 top ups, date applied at top, amount and new validity clearly stated.

Screenshot_2020-10-22-21-54-17-35.thumb.jpg.81d39dcc2a79e4b5f03ec4185e346dc5.jpg

IMG_20201022_215549.jpg.0391f341f22971db770e31cc2223d40e.jpg

I have an AIS sim. I just top it up with 50 baht every few months using my K Bank internet banking phone app.

I have about 450baht credit at moment and valid to May 2021.

I think every time you top up it extends the validity period. 

19 hours ago, bangna said:

Sorry, you may need to top up 12 times but you have no idea which DTAC sim I have. I would not make a claim if it was untrue.

I do it every trip to keep my number.

I use Dtac different sims for more than 10 years, so I guess that I know what I am talking about. 10+2 baht topup at orange 711 machine gives 1 month validity, nothing more, nothing else, and it has always been the case.

5 hours ago, gaplem said:

I use Dtac different sims for more than 10 years, so I guess that I know what I am talking about. 10+2 baht topup at orange 711 machine gives 1 month validity, nothing more, nothing else, and it has always been the case.

I top up once each trip just before I leave Thailand to maintain the number but I guess you do not believe the image I posted then

dtac.jpg.9ff1a626e744b1b9d5edd585d1afe726.jpg

The 2 of you are clearly not going to agree so just leave it there please.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Stuck in Oz till f@ck knows when. Had to top-up my AIS sim before it was to expire this month, tried the AIS site but there's a problem at their end when processing, kept rejecting my CC .

Found a site ding.com, there are others, which does transfers. Paid $5.80 including fee for 100baht top-up which I thought was reasonable and gives me another years validity. 

1 hour ago, barmatt said:

Stuck in Oz till f@ck knows when. Had to top-up my AIS sim before it was to expire this month, tried the AIS site but there's a problem at their end when processing, kept rejecting my CC .

Found a site ding.com, there are others, which does transfers. Paid $5.80 including fee for 100baht top-up which I thought was reasonable and gives me another years validity. 

I had the same problem with AIS. Phoned my Bank here in Australia and they said there had been no request from the Thai Bank to obtain payment and that it looked like a link problem.

I thought with AIS you needed to top up with 20 Baht a pop to extend validity - but yours just did straight off the bat with 100 baht- is that correct ?

Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards.

6 minutes ago, Zeb said:

I had the same problem with AIS. Phoned my Bank here in Australia and they said there had been no request from the Thai Bank to obtain payment and that it looked like a link problem.

I thought with AIS you needed to top up with 20 Baht a pop to extend validity - but yours just did straight off the bat with 100 baht- is that correct ?

Correct, with ding.com the lowest is 10baht but they charged my mate $1.17 in fees. Seems you cant select the amount you wish to top-up with, 10baht is the lowest then its 100baht plus there maybe a international transaction fee from my bank which hasnt appeared yet.

53 minutes ago, barmatt said:

Correct, with ding.com the lowest is 10baht but they charged my mate $1.17 in fees. Seems you cant select the amount you wish to top-up with, 10baht is the lowest then its 100baht plus there maybe a international transaction fee from my bank which hasnt appeared yet.

I've just topped up 100 baht - but it only gave me a months extension of validity.

Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards.

6 minutes ago, Zeb said:

I've just topped up 100 baht - but it only gave me a months extension of validity.

I guess it depends on your sim. I purchased mine 10 years ago and its always had a 12 month expiry from date of top-up. I paid 300 for the sim and to have my phone unlocked from a phone shop in soi dianna, long gone now, not from 7/11. 

• Like 2

If you have plenty of credit  you can trade some balance for time extension by using the Mao Mao 30 days code,  *500*9#

it will use around B30 off your balance and give you another month.  AIS.

Cheers, Johnlb.

A Wombat... Eats roots, shoots and leaves.

• 1 month later...
On 20/10/2020 at 20:53, davidge said:

Reviving this thread:

FYI

I have a True SIM that was going to expire in January 2021. I have a lot of credit on it.

I used the True Live Chat today and once I’d got through to an agent, took an hour, she quickly extended the validity for a further 180 days for 12 baht 45 satang taken from my credit.

I've asked a friend to do a few DTAC top-ups at the orange machines outside 7 or Family Marts. Usually I ask for 20 Baht several times but she always is generous and spends more. Can't seem to get it into her head that multiple small spends is what I want to get several months extension, 555. Building up quite a reserve on my account now.

Anyone know if it can be done online for DTAC as Davidge does for AIS?

• 5 weeks later...

just updated my DTAC number to make it valid until 01/2022

and i was charged 3 baht for 30 days it has always been 2 baht

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/01/2021 at 16:59, joelinehan said:

just updated my DTAC number to make it valid until 01/2022

and i was charged 3 baht for 30 days it has always been 2 baht

OK Joe, I'll bite. How exactly did you do that, please?

2 hours ago, Ed Setra said:

OK Joe, I'll bite. How exactly did you do that, please?

*113*180*9#  is the code I use to extend 180 days. Cost 12 baht, but may be 18 now as above.

*113*DAYS*9#. DAYS can be 90,180,270,360 as far as I know at 2 baht every 30 days.

the code for 30 days is*113*30*9#

you can only extend the date to 1 year 

i have been doing it all year as this is the first time in 14 years i have not been in thailand

i need the number kept for thai bank and friends so i keep extending

it each month still got 86 baht left in credit so should last me till i get back to thailand

5 hours ago, rhodie said:

*113*180*9#  is the code I use to extend 180 days. Cost 12 baht, but may be 18 now as above.

*113*DAYS*9#. DAYS can be 90,180,270,360 as far as I know at 2 baht every 30 days.

Presumably you can only extend from outside Thailand if your phone is set up for international roaming?

On 22/10/2020 at 12:59, gaplem said:

sorry but it's wrong

Yes i do this for a friend to keep his sim active till he can return

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif