Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Betfred World Snooker Championship

jocky king

well I got perry wrong, lol

Not really , a very good match could have gone either way . 

First time iv'e seen Wilson play and he looks to have a very strong game and temperament .

His clearance in the 16th frame was superb .

Mikeyboy

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sam Baird played superbly at the first session with Selby , 4-4 . Ranked 59th in the world . Getting to like him more because of his play and attitude .. Hope he will go on to the final . Wikipedia below.

Sam Baird

Born 17 June 1988 (age 27)

Uffculme, England

Sport country England

Nickname The Blade

Professional 2009/2010, 2011–

Highest ranking 46

Current ranking 59 (as of 4 April 2016)

Highest break 142 (2013 World Championship Qualifying)

Century breaks 60[1]

Best ranking finish Last 16 (2013 Welsh Open, 2014 International Championship)

Think Mark Selby will have to be off his game for Sam Baird to beat him , but we have had plenty of upsets already this year , so anything is possible .

Marco Fu first player into the Quarters after beating Anthony McGill 13 - 8  , although Marco was not entirely convincing .

Mikeyboy

Mark Selby - Sam Baird  11-10 , things very tense now .  Who can hold their nerve ? 

Barry Hawkins leading Ronnie 5 -3   things are getting interesting .

Mikeyboy

Mark Selby - Sam Baird  11-10 , things very tense now .  Who can hold their nerve ? 

Barry Hawkins leading Ronnie 5 -3   things are getting interesting .

Mikeyboy

Both Ronnie and Barry played super , hoping for Baird to win against smirky Selby ...

Good match !

Sad to see Baird lose ... Really likes his humble attitude and his play , maybe we'll never see him again on TV snooker , very hard to qualify in the tv scene . ( he is ranked 59 ) Hopefully he will be around for long ..

Sad to see Baird lose ... Really likes his humble attitude and his play , maybe we'll never see him again on TV snooker , very hard to qualify in the tv scene . ( he is ranked 59 ) Hopefully he will be around for long ..

Sam Baird really gave Mark Selby a fright .   He and Kyren Wilson have been fantastic this year .

Standard of play is so high now , that it is  tough to break into the Worlds top 16 , but i think these two will return for sure .

Mikeyboy

Decent second session from the Rocket but equally matched by an impressive Hawkins. All to play for tomorrow night and the tournament is wide open.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

A drama on the final frame of a second session of Allen/Wison , Alern missed a easy pink to finish a session to go for 10-6 but now 11-5 down .. A cruel game of snooker , Wilson is a very talent player , remind me of Mark Stevens of Wales .

Matthew?

Oops ... Thanks .. Lol .. Trump was silly to lose 15 th frame . That will hurt him badly .

Oops ... Thanks .. Lol .. Trump was silly to lose 15 th frame . That will hurt him badly .

My Eurosport seems to be on the blink. You'll have to give me live updates Jocky !

Edit. I miss my Bbc red button lol. The ONLY thing I miss from the UK

My Eurosport seems to be on the blink. You'll have to give me live updates Jocky !

Edit. I miss my Bbc red button lol. The ONLY thing I miss from the UK

Trump was lucky to win the last frame of the second session when Ding unable to push the last red from the pink to be pottable after potting the black . Giving Trump a glimmer of hope for tmw . 10-6 to Ding .

Trump was lucky to win the last frame of the second session when Ding unable to push the last red from the pink to be pottable after potting the black . Giving Trump a glimmer of hope for tmw . 10-6 to Ding .

Too many loose shots already by Trump in the tournament. He's exciting to watch so I hope he pulls back the deficit tomorrow

Trump and Allen in the top 16 lost to the outsiders Ding and Wilson ... Many top sixteen players are out before the quarter final is very rare . Ronnie have a mountain to climb tonight against a very determined Hawkes ,who is playing so well this season.

Ronnie fighting for his snooker life !

13 - 12  Barry Hawkins  over Ronnie O'Sullivan  .  

Rocket goes out in an excellent match .     This year is proving to be full of suprises .

Quarter finals start tomorrow  ,  Selby - Wilson  should be a good one .

Mikeyboy

Bloody white in the pocket, I'm off for a beer !

Not sure I'll watch any more, maybe keep tabs on Williams for his hat trick

Gutted over Ronnie loss , I hope Barry will go on to win the championship . He deserved it after beating Ronnie brilliantly .

Gutted over Ronnie loss , I hope Barry will go on to win the championship . He deserved it after beating Ronnie brilliantly .

This years winner is harder to pick than a broken nose .   

I'ii stick with Mark Selby , but he will have a fearless opponent in Wilson in the quarters . 

Mikeyboy

This years winner is harder to pick than a broken nose .   

I'ii stick with Mark Selby , but he will have a fearless opponent in Wilson in the quarters . 

Mikeyboy

I think Selby can't believe his luck for an easy route to the final with all big names dropping down like flies . Hope he don't win , amazing if anyone backed Leicester city and Selby ( Leicester fan ) a double before the football season started... 85,000/1 (5,000/1 +16/1) ..

ding or selby.. maybe hawkins

what a game between Ronnie and hawkins!!! :GoldenSmile1:

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

Ding was absolutely fantastic to win the match with a session to spare to Mark Williams . Delighted for him , a very quiet humble man . He will have an advantage in the semi on Friday with a free day tomorrow .

Archived