Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Betfred World Snooker Championship

jocky king

Steve Davis retired from Pro Snooker today . 

Last but one of the old school , excluding Jimmy White .

Remember Steve as a kid playing against his namesake Fred Davis in an exibition match .  Won 6 world titles , but probably remembered as much for the final losses to Taylor & Johnson .

Mikeyboy

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve Davis retired from Pro Snooker today . 

Last but one of the old school , excluding Jimmy White .

Remember Steve as a kid playing against his namesake Fred Davis in an exibition match .  Won 6 world titles , but probably remembered as much for the final losses to Taylor & Johnson .

Mikeyboy

He was a gentleman , when I was in Kildare to watch the Irish Open , Alex Higgins beat Davis in the Semi Final , a big queue of his fans was waiting for him at the autograph table , but he fucked off , Steve as a loser offered to take his place to sign everybody autograph , very very gentlemanly ...

I thought he retired 10 years ago 55. Seriously he was a hero to me growing up but it took spitting image to give him a public personality. He wasn't liked by many as he appeared aloof but he has shown in later years to have a good sense of humour.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Ronnie looked rusty but ruthless if you are making mistakes , his safety was average at times but some was classic , now 6-3 to Gilbert , he has a lot of work to do tmw morning at 10 am (4pm Thai ) , Gilbert did well to get three frames including a century break , he smiled a little when watching Ronnie sweeping the tables , Alan McManus the oldest in the tournament , got through by beating his fellow country man , Maguire . McManus is a tough competitor , 45 years old , fantastic .

On the 16th Frame , Ronnie only need a snooker with four red on the table , but gives up the frame .. Crazy .

Looks like Gilbert's race has been run? Good player though

Looks like Gilbert's race has been run? Good player though

Yeah , Gotta feel sorry for him , he played brilliantly at times . Hope we will see him again , he is in top 20 now in world Snooker ranking. Very hard to get in with so many professionals around .

Stuart Pettman was another retired pro living in Thailand , makes his living on pool in Bangkok and sometimes in Pattaya . He was number 13 in the world ranking years ago . David Gray was another pro but don't seem playing pool anymore now , don't know if he still lives in Thailand .

Did you ever come across Jelly Baby in Patts? He did a pool exhibition in my UK local years ago

Did you ever come across Jelly Baby in Patts? He did a pool exhibition in my UK local years ago

Never saw him but Heard of him , playing in Pattaya ... Offered anyone two shots , if I heard correctly .

Yeah , Gotta feel sorry for him , he played brilliantly at times . Hope we will see him again , he is in top 20 now in world Snooker ranking. Very hard to get in with so many professionals around .

Stuart Pettman was another retired pro living in Thailand , makes his living on pool in Bangkok and sometimes in Pattaya . He was number 13 in the world ranking years ago . David Gray was another pro but don't seem playing pool anymore now , don't know if he still lives in Thailand .

I meet Stuart in Hustlers a few times and he said its hard to make money even being a top 20 snooker player, with the expenses. He should know and he is a genuine guy.

Daryle

Stuart Bingham v Ali Carter. 9-10

Stephen Maguire v Alan McManus. 7-10

Ricky Walden v Robbie Williams

John Higgins v Ryan Day

Judd Trump v Liang Wenbo

Martin Gould v Ding Junhui

Mark Williams v Graeme Dott 7-2

Neil Robertson v Michael Holt

Shaun Murphy v Anthony McGill 8-10

Marco Fu v Peter Ebdon 10-2

Barry Hawkins v Zhang Anda

Ronnie O’Sullivan v David Gilbert 10-7

Mark Allen v Mitchell Mann

Joe Perry v Kyren Wilson

Michael White v Sam Baird

Mark Selby v Robert Milkins

Three qualifiers knocked out the top sixteen players already...

I meet Stuart in Hustlers a few times and he said its hard to make money even being a top 20 snooker player, with the expenses. He should know and he is a genuine guy.

Yeah , a lovely fellow , down to earth chap , have time to talk to anybody . I played him twice at mega break , he had to win 22 while I only need a six in Pool Handicap few years ago , beat him 6-11 but played him in the final on the same night ( he won all through the loser group to meet me again ) beat me 22-2 in revenge.. 5555 . He was generous to offer me a congratulation when I beated him . Great player and a gentleman .

Rocket is in the news again 5555 , in trouble for not attending Post interviews after winning his match to impressive Dave Gilbert ... He does not have any good relationship with Barry Hearn ..

A few years back Jelly Baby used to practice in my then local snooker hall in Poole Dorset

His main practice was on the full size snooker tables

He was very good mates with the owner Kip who I have known for years

Played Jelly Baby many times years ago mainly just for drinks

Not seen him for years

First Met Jelly Baby in Jomtien complex donkeys years ago at an exhibition .   1k a frame to play him at pool and he gave you the break and some shots .  

He has done pool nights all over Patts , even as far up as Barracuda in Naklua .

A few years later i bumped into him in Patong , Phuket   , he was there for a while doing the same stuff .

Didn't see him again until a couple of years ago in LK  Metro . A nice guy Dave .

PM me if you want more Info .

Mikeyboy

Rocket is in the news again 5555 , in trouble for not attending Post interviews after winning his match to impressive Dave Gilbert ... He does not have any good relationship with Barry Hearn ..

Ronnie and his male menopause again !

Mikeyboy

Ronnie and his male menopause again !

Mikeyboy

No one individual is bigger than their sport but he's bloody close! TW was the same at golf for a long time.

No one individual is bigger than their sport but he's bloody close! TW was the same at golf for a long time.

Terry Wogan  ? ?

Terry Wogan  ? ?

A legend in his own own lunch time at his local golf club

Just a quick stat on the bbc, the longest best of 19 frame first round match?

Yep you guessed it, Eddie 'steady' Charlton and the 'grinder' Cliff Thorburn LOL

Just a quick stat on the bbc, the longest best of 19 frame first round match?

Yep you guessed it, Eddie 'steady' Charlton and the 'grinder' Cliff Thorburn LOL

I have that match on video if you ever feel like watching it again !

Mikeyboy

I have that match on video if you ever feel like watching it again !

Mikeyboy

Long play?

Robbie Williams. Good singer slightly suspect snooker player

Edit. Wot a fluke on the blue!

Terry Wogan  ? ?

Hell of a putt , when he was on "a round with Allis " ;)

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

Archived