IGNORED

Betfred World Snooker Championship

jocky king

World Snooker Championship starting this morning at 10am .. I'm a great fan of Rocket O Sullivan because of his playing style , Jimmy White and Alex Higgins used to be my favourite but they are gone now . But the one I put my house on is Shaun Murphy , was watching him progressing all the time since last January , he now practiced snooker at his new country house instead of driving up to the club house daily , I think he will be the one to win the World Championship . Judd Trump should be thereabouts in the last four or even win it . Robertson is there as well with his potting excellence . 2015 World Champion Bingham is playing against Ali Carter in the opening this morning . Bingham is a tough competitor , he won't give up his title easily , Ali who recovered from cancer , will be delighted to appear the show this morning . What's s your fancy lads .

My tip for the title... Shaun Murphy .

My hope for the title.. Rocket O Sullivan

The full draw is:

Stuart Bingham v Ali Carter

Stephen Maguire v Alan McManus

Ricky Walden v Robbie Williams

John Higgins v Ryan Day

Judd Trump v Liang Wenbo

Martin Gould v Ding Junhui

Mark Williams v Graeme Dott

Neil Robertson v Michael Holt

Shaun Murphy v Anthony McGill

Marco Fu v Peter Ebdon

Barry Hawkins v Zhang Anda

Ronnie O’Sullivan v David Gilbert

Mark Allen v Mitchell Mann

Joe Perry v Kyren Wilson

Michael White v Sam Baird

Mark Selby v Robert Milkins

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of my favourite sports events .   Bloody hard to pick a winner though .   Ronnie is very beatable now ,  maybe because some players are no longer afraid of him .  

Ronnie at his best is untouchable , but I have a feeling either Mark Selby or Shaun Murphy might win a second title , although Murphy is in a tight scrap with Anthony McGill  right now .

Outsider at a big price is Martin Gould .  He's playing well this year and might just mess up Ding Junhui .

Mikeyboy

One of my favourite sports events .   Bloody hard to pick a winner though .   Ronnie is very beatable now ,  maybe because some players are no longer afraid of him .  

Ronnie at his best is untouchable , but I have a feeling either Mark Selby or Shaun Murphy might win a second title , although Murphy is in a tight scrap with Anthony McGill  right now .

Outsider at a big price is Martin Gould .  He's playing well this year and might just mess up Ding Junhui .

Mikeyboy

I backed Shaun Murphy this morning at the bookies , but saw him playing after dinner , was not at his best , making too many mistakes , never knew his wife is having a baby , maybe that put his mind off snooker , but look at Danny Willet at the Masters , his wife just had a baby and he won the Masters . Maybe , A first round is always rusty at first , then getting better as the tournament goes along for 16 days .

I backed Shaun Murphy this morning at the bookies , but saw him playing after dinner , was not at his best , making too many mistakes , never knew his wife is having a baby , maybe that put his mind off snooker , but look at Danny Willet at the Masters , his wife just had a baby and he won the Masters . Maybe , A first round is always rusty at first , then getting better as the tournament goes along for 16 days .

The way Stuart Bingham was playing this morning i thought he was having a baby .  Better now , but he has had a poor season .

I had a punt on Murphy for this ,  back in February

Mikeyboy

Bingham the champion is out , lost on the decider match to Ali Carter , 9-10 , Ali was very nervy at the end . Glad to see Ali gone through because he had suffered a cancer but recovered , but I'm sad to see Bingham knocked out , he is a gentleman , signing every autograph in the last 12 months ... Another former champion Peter Ebdon (2002) lost to Hong Kong player FU 2-10... Rocket Ronnie playing tomorrow at 2.30 pm (Thai time 8.30 pm )

Yes excellent opening match and shame there had to be a loser. The crucible curse is alive and well 555

I'll ask my thread be locked as I didn't see this one when I posted.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Yes excellent opening match and shame there had to be a loser. The crucible curse is alive and well 555

I'll ask my thread be locked as I didn't see this one when I posted.

Nothing wrong to have two same thread , it is like us in a rival media 55555 , you a daily mail and mine a daily mirror .

Nothing wrong to have two same thread , it is like us in a rival media 55555 , you a daily mail and mine a daily mirror .

Too confusing for me! Got the Liverpool game 7.30 today and then Rocket Ron, should be a good time in the pub. Hope the Leo's cold 555

Stuart Bingham lost to Ali Carter. 9-10

FU beat Peter Ebdon. 10-2

Shaun Murphy 5-4 Anthony McGill .... Playing again tmw 10am

Maguire 3-6 McManus .... Playing tmw at 2.30

Admission by Joe Johnson on Eurosport tonight, he's only beaten Steve Davis once in his career and that was the 86 world final. Not a bad time to do it I suppose.

Admission by Joe Johnson on Eurosport tonight, he's only beaten Steve Davis once in his career and that was the 86 world final. Not a bad time to do it I suppose.

Never forget that final , he was an outsider to win the world champ.. 150/1 .. Blast!!!! I never backed him.

Never forget that final , he was an outsider to win the world champ.. 150/1 .. Blast!!!! I never backed him.

He was potting them off the lampshade! Got to the final again the next year to face Davis but he'd made Davis practice even harder and he had to go back to his kareoke singing

Was sick , when Jimmy missed an easy black to lose the decider to Stehen Henry 17-18 , never won once in his six finals , what a shame , classy player .

Yes he got a bit twitchy seeing the finishing line. Best player not to have won it

Remember that final , a real shock to the Nugget .    Fantastic player as Steve Davis was , the sport needed Joe  and Dennis Taylor to upset the apple cart and beat Steve .

Does Joe Johnson do commentary now ?

Looking forward to the Rocket today .

Mikeyboy

Remember that final , a real shock to the Nugget .    Fantastic player as Steve Davis was , the sport needed Joe  and Dennis Taylor to upset the apple cart and beat Steve .

Does Joe Johnson do commentary now ?

Looking forward to the Rocket today .

Mikeyboy

He was talking to the Eurosport presenter at the interval and before/after match along with Jimmy White. No surprise that after those 2 defeats the nugget won 3 on the spin before Hendrys dominance started.

Carter is one heck of a match player, he'll never lie down.

He was talking to the Eurosport presenter at the interval and before/after match along with Jimmy White. No surprise that after those 2 defeats the nugget won 3 on the spin before Hendrys dominance started.

Carter is one heck of a match player, he'll never lie down.

Even cancer can't beat him ..... Murphy is trouble at the mo , missed few middle pots .

I've never warmed to Murphy, but you never really know what these people are like for real.

The game gone a bit strange at the mo when you have the likes of Ding having to qualify.

I've never warmed to Murphy, but you never really know what these people are like for real.

The game gone a bit strange at the mo when you have the likes of Ding having to qualify.

People who likes Murphy are the ones likes Steve Davis , Henry and Selby . The ones who likes Rocket are the ones who likes Alex Higgins and Jimmy White ... 55555 Murphy just made a horrible shot . All over for him I presume .

Never watched Henry play lol, is he any good?

Never watched Henry play lol, is he any good?

You must be 20 ??? 5555 .... Confirmed that Murphy is gone , McGill deserved the win without a question . But can't understand why he can't win elsewhere but playing great at crucible in the last three years ...

Anthony Magill beats Shaun Murphy .  Big shock .

Magill has played very poorly this season, but the crucible seems to inspire him .  

Mikeyboy

You must be 20 ??? 5555 .... Confirmed that Murphy is gone , McGill deserved the win without a question . But can't understand why he can't win elsewhere but playing great at crucible in the last three years ...

Is Henry Stephen Hendrys brother?

McGill looks like the nugget reincarnated

I think your typo has been spotted Jocky !    

Ding Junhui is obviously a class player , but always fails at the crucible .  I think the weight of expectation from China drags him down

Mikeyboy

Ding never recovered from the pummeling Ronnie gave him !

Archived