IGNORED

Betfred World Snooker Championship

jocky king

A few years back Jelly Baby used to practice in my then local snooker hall in Poole Dorset

His main practice was on the full size snooker tables

He was very good mates with the owner Kip who I have known for years

Played Jelly Baby many times years ago mainly just for drinks

Not seen him for years

Hi there Pheat, I was just wondering as your from Poole if you ever came across an old friend of mine that turned pro after moving down your way, Paul Wykes, he got to around 54 in the rankings but dropped out years ago, I hear he was going to try and make a comeback anything come of it! 

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ronnie got away without a fine , just a slap on his wrist , wonder why he refused a post interview ??? A grudge against BBC or something ??? Ricky Walden got through last night against impressive Williams 10-8 , Stelby got through as well by beating Milkins 10-7 , Milkins fought back from 7-2 down in first sessions to 7-6 , his steam ran out . Robertson in trouble , losing 3-6 to Michael Holt who played superbly with two century breaks ..

Disappointed with the Selby/Milkins match. Milkins battles back from 7-2 down to 7-6 and then after the interval loses the next 3 frames. Selby must have spiked his tea with something!

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Disappointed with the Selby/Milkins match. Milkins battles back from 7-2 down to 7-6 and then after the interval loses the next 3 frames. Selby must have spiked his tea with something!

Wont have been milk!

Wont have been milk!

No, but he definitely failed to deliver in the second half of the session

Holt's doing well against the thunder from down under. His broken knuckle must be ok from when it smacked the table a while back.

I always liked the way he played the game.

Holt's doing well against the thunder from down under. His broken knuckle must be ok from when it smacked the table a while back.

I always liked the way he played the game.

Strange of Robertson going for all risky shot , must be backing himself to lose ??

Strange of Robertson going for all risky shot , must be backing himself to lose ??

Seems to be pushing the boat out

I hope NR loses cos he's a genuine threat to Ronnie

Seems to be pushing the boat out

Yeah , yeah ... Never saw Holt play that well ... Could be a 2016 champion .

Yeah , yeah ... Never saw Holt play that well ... Could be a 2016 champion .

Definitely, no easy rides these days.

Robertson's world is being turned inside out

With Bingham , Murphy and possibly Robertson out of the tournament , Ronnie might be rubbing his hands for an easy route ... 55555

Well he sure is playing very average , and not his usual confident self round the table .

I have never been impressed by Michael Holt .  He has talent , but so often lets himself down with a flakey temperament .

Holt is a bit of a head case to be honest , and this would be a massive shock if he beats Neil Robertson .   

Mikeyboy

With Bingham , Murphy and possibly Robertson out of the tournament , Ronnie might be rubbing his hands for an easy route ... 55555

I don't think he fears anyone but it might put more pressure on him?

Well he sure is playing very average , and not his usual confident self round the table .

I have never been impressed by Michael Holt .  He has talent , but so often lets himself down with a flakey temperament .

Holt is a bit of a head case to be honest , and this would be a massive shock if he beats Neil Robertson .   

Mikeyboy

I understand what you're saying but I can't see him losing from this position. A cracking tournament so far

I understand what you're saying but I can't see him losing from this position. A cracking tournament so far

Yes 9 - 4 Holt .  Never saw this coming in a million years .   A tournament of upsets .  

Edit   9 - 6 , wouldn't be suprised if Michael Holt started to get a bit twitchy .

Mikeyboy

All over for Robertson , beaten by Holt 6-10 ... That is four scalps gone . Bingham , Murphy , Robertson and maguire ...

All over for Robertson , beaten by Holt 6-10 ... That is four scalps gone . Bingham , Murphy , Robertson and maguire ...

Its opening up for Ronnie , Selby and Trump , who all get better as the tournament goes on .

Mikeyboy

Trumps in trouble. Good improvement in Wembo, he even found his way into the arena this time

Judd turned the tables and is a great prospect now. An improved temperament paid dividends this afternoon, glad he's still in it

Judd turned the tables and is a great prospect now. An improved temperament paid dividends this afternoon, glad he's still in it

Yeah he is , not my favourite since he never apologise to Ali for a lucky shot years ago ( Ali beat him that time ) . I backed three players , Murphy , Robertson and Trump ... Trump is only one left for me , hoping he will win me a flight ticket to Bangkok in Xmas .. :) . Won't mind if Ronnie wins instead . I like to see him win the sixth .

I enjoyed the 18 th frame battle from Perry and Wilson . The experience of Old hand Perry got him through . Now for a decider .

Wilson beat Perry on the deciding frame , 10-9 . He was relieved to win after losing a long 18 th frame of safety and errors ,

Archived