Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Under 300 Baht ... And Good! (updated for 2024)

Evil Penevil

On 29/05/2022 at 14:49, Barhop said:

There was discussions earlier about Chill Inn and Jolly's got mentioned also.  Near lunch and I am staying very near and wandered down to take a look.  Jolly's was a bigger size and that's the reason I tried it first.

Could not remember the last time I had a Cordon Bleau and at 285B, thought why not.  The meal was quite large and I will probably only have a couple of spring rolls tonight, if anything.

Here's the pics:

97131235_jollyscordonbleaumenu.thumb.jpg.87ce634bbe669e61974258f3b0e6c62f.jpg116092119_jollyscordonbleaumeal.thumb.jpg.e274c4f532ee108e78b029c6cd19360d.jpg1006452280_jollyscodronbleaueating.thumb.jpg.c461ab408a15daf044c887a5264691c9.jpg

what's with the Spaghetti !! never seen that done before

In this thread and the one on the Chill Inn, the restaurant across the street, Jolly's, was mentioned.  Jolly's has changed ownership since the  previous owners (farang with Thai wife) were busted on drug charges.  It appears the food has improved considerably under the new owner.

Here are some excerpts from Jolly's online menu.  It looks like the focus has remained the same- budget English and international dishes.  The full menu lists over 20 (!) breakfast options, ranging in price from 40 baht for toast and marmalade through 255 baht for a big English fry-up. 

Jolly.PNGJolly2.PNGJolly3.PNGJolly4.PNG

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

On 30/05/2022 at 01:54, Farangkie said:

Kungs The Burger 185฿

Not a traditional burger, it has homemade hash browns instead of a bread bun.

High quality ingredients, cooked well.

Very filling and tasty, highly recommended.

Screenshot_2022_05_30_15_42_15@2x.jpg

Screenshot_2022_05_30_15_42_43@2x.jpg

My taste buds love you, but my arteries hate you 😂

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, olic said:

I just came back from a trip and love finding good spots to eat. A couple of contributions from me.

Good update on options for inexpensive farang food.  Thank you!

I especially happy to see Olala has survived to serve another meal.  It was one of my favorite farang restaurants when I lived in Pattaya.

Evil

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

I especially happy to see Olala has survived to serve another meal.  It was one of my favorite farang restaurants when I lived in Pattaya.

Evil

I liked their half roast chicken with mash and gravy for 199b..think its 250b now

• Like 2

On 24/06/2022 at 07:16, Evil Penevil said:

Evil

Are you planning to return Evil?

image.png

• 2 weeks later...

This week's specials at Cheap Charlie's, taken from its Facebook page. Very low prices on the specials and only 99 baht with Cheap Charlie's Reward Card.

CC.PNGCS2.PNGCCW.PNG

2917494.png

291796422.png

292041732n.png

5 hours ago, Atlas said:

Hi All,

Thought I would add Wombat & Kiwi Bar Beach Rd Jomtien. 
I can say with conviction possibly the best burgers I have had here :)

Really enjoying their Brekky Burger. The Bacon is equal to anything I have had back home in Aus. :)

They have something on special each day. 

image.thumb.png.20c943bc48cd3528706b104f61eb3dd8.png

Since this place is Australian are those breakfast sausages beef?  I don’t like pork so I’d be happy to find a place that will serve me good beef sausages.

7 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

This week's specials at Cheap Charlie's, taken from its Facebook page. Very low prices on the specials and only 99 baht with Cheap Charlie's Reward Card.

CC.PNGCS2.PNGCCW.PNG

2917494.png

291796422.png

292041732n.png

This is rather incredible as I believe 99b specials were the order of the order of the day when was in Thailand in 2019 and baht was stronger than than it is today and food prices have been on a tear over the past 3 years.  Has anybody on the ground noted if portion sizes are getting smaller?

6 hours ago, Atlas said:

Thought I would add Wombat & Kiwi Bar Beach Rd Jomtien. 
I can say with conviction possibly the best burgers I have had here :)

Thank you, @Atlas!  Those are impressively low price prices!  Monday's special from the Wombat & Kiwi Bar's Facebook page:

And 99 or 150 baht for a Sunday roast!  

Untitled-1.jpg

Check out the Facebook page for details of their "all-you-can-eat" buffets.

Thanks again, @Atlas!

1 hour ago, Farangkie said:

Thia food court on the ground floor of The Avenue.

Currently only a few vendors as it's only just newly opened, but would imagine that others will follow soon.

Big advantage of this place is being able to sit inside with air conditioning, and the food at street cart prices, with most dishes at around 50-60 baht.

My chicken fried rice at 50 baht, was very good.

IMG_1300.jpeg

IMG_1304.jpeg

IMG_1305.jpeg

IMG_1302.jpeg

IMG_1303.jpeg

It’s not newly opened. Was opened pre covid and had more vendors operating out of there back then but most shut down.

Surprised that any are still there but maybe it’ll pay off hanging in there. 

13 minutes ago, LuvThaiPussy said:

It’s not newly opened. Was opened pre covid and had more vendors operating out of there back then but most shut down.

Surprised that any are still there but maybe it’ll pay off hanging in there. 

It's been closed up for the last year I've been living here, to be fully accurate maybe what I should have said is that it's just been re- opened.

Edited by Farangkie

15 hours ago, pattayaplayer said:

Since this place is Australian are those breakfast sausages beef?  I don’t like pork so I’d be happy to find a place that will serve me good beef sausages.

Mate I have no idea. I try to stick to the low fat Bacon and cheese burgers :D 

Regards, Atlas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

14 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

Thank you, @Atlas!  Those are impressively low price prices!  Monday's special from the Wombat & Kiwi Bar's Facebook page:

And 99 or 150 baht for a Sunday roast!  

Untitled-1.jpg

Check out the Facebook page for details of their "all-you-can-eat" buffets.

Thanks again, @Atlas!

No worries mate :)

Regards, Atlas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

15 hours ago, pattayaplayer said:

you could be just about certain that they are Pork as beef is more expensive and definately would not be oz or kiwi beef ... way too dear ! even the thai local beef is more expensive than pork . from what I saw over there when shopping and asking questions at the butchers they always said Pork . and myself being a butcher know what they are saying . 

sometimes have seen them put Beef meal into the pork mixing which gives it a red/orange colour , they use a Pork meal which is lighter in colour .. more like white ... to mix the pork snags

sausage rolls and dim sims and spring rolls have pork mince in them in case you eat them and didn't know ... not 100% but a bit ..

Edited by onehunglo
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, rioman said:

Has anybody on the ground noted if portion sizes are getting smaller?

The portion sizes still seem the same!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 05/07/2022 at 13:50, Farangkie said:

It's been closed up for the last year I've been living here, to be fully accurate maybe what I should have said is that it's just been re- opened.

They didnt stand a chance when the road behind the Avenue had food stalls/restaurants but now with them mostly beer bars now , they could work ; especially with the Aircon

Ding Ding ...... Please remember to like and subscribe.

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/07/2022 at 11:25, Farangkie said:

Thia food court on the ground floor of The Avenue.

Thanks for the reminder, Farangkie.

Any one know the opening and, more importantly, the closing times of this food court?

Scent from my anus using crapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Over the past few days had the half roast chicken with potatoes and veg at Hemingway's and beef stew with French bread at Sportsman and enjoyed them both.

Can't remember exact price but both were under 300.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

I really like Hemmingways in Jomtien, food is excellent, but just make sure when you order to ask for a hot plate, or else it gets served on a stone-cold one