Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Bite Me Bistro--Best New Place in Town

expatdude

Thursday's great special! Ribeye Steak with Roast Tomatoes, Oyster Mushrooms, Potato Wedges & a Beetroot, Green Peppercorn & Rosemary Jus - 295B

Free covered parking up to 2 hours across the road - ask for your parking ticket to be stamped at the Bistro

Bite Me Bistro is on 3rd Road Central Pattaya, close to the top of Soi Lengkee, almost opposite New York Pizza. Tel. 09-23456-385 for reservations

https://FB.com/BitePattaya- visit our FB page for all the menus, photos and location map

Please check out our vac-pack and takeaway menus at the top of our FB page - thanks!

Bite Me accepts MasterCard & Visa

ไบร์ท มี บิทโทร ตั้งอยู่ที่ถนนสาย 3 พัทยา ติดปากทางซอย เล้งกี่ เยี้ยงกับ นิวยอก พิชช่า.โทร 09-23456-385

เวปเพจ คือ https://FB.com/BitePattayaหรือ เฟสบุกเพจ จะมีทุกเมนู ,รูป และ ที่ตั้ง แผนที่

image.jpeg

Thailand Wine And Dine - unbiased food reviews around town ... Pollution Watch Thailand - daily air quality readings, news and info, Pattaya

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys, some questions about BMB.  I heard that BMB has merged with the Sweet Spot. 

Does the Sweet Spot have an earlier opening time? 

Which venue is making the coffee?  I'd read that the Sweet Spot has some great coffee, but I really haven't anyone comment on BMB. 

Thanks.

I can't believe I ate the whole thing!

Also a question if I may, apologies if answered already. Do you have a byo wine option with corkage charge?

Steak looks good..will pass by later

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Hi guys, some questions about BMB. I heard that BMB has merged with the Sweet Spot.

Does the Sweet Spot have an earlier opening time?

Which venue is making the coffee? I'd read that the Sweet Spot has some great coffee, but I really haven't anyone comment on BMB.

Thanks.

We have just taken on extra staff, and Bite Me will be open mornings soon for breakfasts. Right now the restaurant opens at 1pm, and Bite Me serves up a decent coffee from that time :)

Sweet Spot is sticking to cakes, pies, sweets and chocs for now!

Thailand Wine And Dine - unbiased food reviews around town ... Pollution Watch Thailand - daily air quality readings, news and info, Pattaya

Also a question if I may, apologies if answered already. Do you have a byo wine option with corkage charge?

We don't put a big mark up on our wines but you are welcome to bring you own! Corkage charge is 300B

It's Friday so it's fish .... but with a Bite Me difference!

Deboned Whole Rainbow Trout filled with a Spring Onion Caper Mousse, Pickled Veg Quinoa & Sauce Vierge - 295B Friday Special

Free covered parking up to 2 hours across the road - ask for your parking ticket to be stamped at the Bistro

Bite Me Bistro is on 3rd Road Central Pattaya, close to the top of Soi Lengkee, almost opposite New York Pizza. Tel. 09-23456-385 for reservations

https://FB.com/BitePattaya- visit our FB page for all the menus, photos and location map

Please check out our vac-pack and takeaway menus at the top of our FB page - thanks!

ไบร์ท มี บิทโทร ตั้งอยู่ที่ถนนสาย 3 พัทยา ติดปากทางซอย เล้งกี่ เยี้ยงกับ นิวยอก พิชช่า.โทร 09-23456-385

เวปเพจ คือ https://FB.com/BitePattayaหรือ เฟสบุกเพจ จะมีทุกเมนู ,รูป และ ที่ตั้ง แผนที่

image.jpeg

We have just taken on extra staff, and Bite Me will be open mornings soon for breakfasts. Right now the restaurant opens at 1pm, and Bite Me serves up a decent coffee from that time :)

Sweet Spot is sticking to cakes, pies, sweets and chocs for now!

Thanks for the reply.  Could you be a little more specific about 'soon?'  Is this something you're planning to put into action in a few weeks, August, the beginning of the high season?

I can't believe I ate the whole thing!

There is a big market for "decent "breakfasts as pattaya generally fails at breakfasts .

We don't put a big mark up on our wines but you are welcome to bring you own! Corkage charge is 300B

I'm not understanding this.  Someone doesn't finish the bottle?  Never have that problem at my table.   :hello09:

There is a big market for "decent "breakfasts as pattaya generally fails at breakfasts .

Quoted for truth, I've been coming to Pattaya 7 years and never had a decent breakfast. I've given up, just have noodle soups now.

That rainbow trout dish looks fantastic, loving the creative ideas on these menus.

Thanks for the reply.  Could you be a little more specific about 'soon?'  Is this something you're planning to put into action in a few weeks, August, the beginning of the high season?

Extra staff just taken on. Just working out the finer details - like what to put on a breakfast menu :)

Healthy Saturday special!

Roast Tomato & Smoked Salmon Tart, Red Cabbage Carrot & Feta Cheese Salad - 220 baht

image.jpeg

Extra staff just taken on. Just working out the finer details - like what to put on a breakfast menu :)

Who ever is taking care of the mains seems to know what they are doing and I'm sure they can come up with something decent.

I do believe there is many ppl like myself that don't mind paying a bit more for better quality ingredients,i know a lot of ppl like the 99 baht breakfasts but personally i would prefer to pay a bit more for some quality.

I think your mains are very well priced for the quality/standard .

Who ever is taking care of the mains seems to know what they are doing and I'm sure they can come up with something decent.

I do believe there is many ppl like myself that don't mind paying a bit more for better quality ingredients,i know a lot of ppl like the 99 baht breakfasts but personally i would prefer to pay a bit more for some quality.

I think your mains are very well priced for the quality/standard .

Thanks - it's always a Catch 22 situation in Pattaya. If you are not in the perfect location like the Sportsman etc., tourist traffic is always going to be limited until you've done a Drew Blu and got the Cafe des Amis to the level and reputation it has now, despite being out of the way. So we picked a low rent but reasonable location, simple decor, and tried to price the dishes at a level where expats don't feel it's a special treat to go out and eat. The quality you can't stint on is staff - you need great chefs to do value for money purchasing, to recognise which cheaper ingredients can be turned into a gourmet meal, to do proper costings (especially important when you work at low margins on food and drink), and to innovate - so that only the most popular specials are repeated. You need great service staff, enthusiastic and cheerful, people prepared to work hard, and who get on with everyone.

So as for breakfast, there is no shortage of basic 100 bahters in the Lengkee/Buakhao area. We do a great cup of coffee. But what main dishes?

What would you like to see on a breakfast menu, and at what kind of price?

Thanks - it's always a Catch 22 situation in Pattaya. If you are not in the perfect location like the Sportsman etc., tourist traffic is always going to be limited until you've done a Drew Blu and got the Cafe des Amis to the level and reputation it has now, despite being out of the way. So we picked a low rent but reasonable location, simple decor, and tried to price the dishes at a level where expats don't feel it's a special treat to go out and eat. The quality you can't stint on is staff - you need great chefs to do value for money purchasing, to recognise which cheaper ingredients can be turned into a gourmet meal, to do proper costings (especially important when you work at low margins on food and drink), and to innovate - so that only the most popular specials are repeated. You need great service staff, enthusiastic and cheerful, people prepared to work hard, and who get on with everyone.

So as for breakfast, there is no shortage of basic 100 bahters in the Lengkee/Buakhao area. We do a great cup of coffee. But what main dishes?

What would you like to see on a breakfast menu, and at what kind of price?

Full English with quality ingredients inc a decent cup of coffee/Tea 175 Baht

Smoked salmon and scrambled eggs toast 175 Baht

Eggs benny 175 Baht

My suggestion is to do a breakfast menu of  more unusual items not generally available in town which keeps with the image of the place already.

So it's a destination breakfast with prices at least 200 baht for something special.

You could collect hundreds of ideas for choices. See what sells over time and change things just as on the regular menu.

Examples I have here.. You could probably find hundreds of others. The point is being different at a tempting price point  but not the cheapest place.

Shrimp and grits U.S. southern food (polenta) 

Eggs benedict with pastrami not ham, or other variations on the standard recipe

chilaquiles platter

huevos ranchero platter

Fancy French toast

machaca (shredded beef and eggs) platter

Some variation of smoked fish and eggs, maybe other than salmon

special Scones

Mediterranean combo plate breakfast (Turkish style, etc.)

Central American Papusa platter with pickled cabbage

Burmese fish chowder (Moohinga)

Some kind of flavorful cream sauce seafood with a crepe type thing or other bread or variation

Nothing wrong with really good French style omelettes either. Not exactly easy to find in Pattaya.

My suggestion is to do a breakfast menu of  more unusual items not generally available in town which keeps with the image of the place already.

So it's a destination breakfast with prices at least 200 baht for something special.

You could collect hundreds of ideas for choices. See what sells over time and change things just as on the regular menu.

Examples I have here.. You could probably find hundreds of others. The point is being different at a tempting price point  but not the cheapest place.

chilaquiles platter

huevos ranchero platter

Fancy French toast

special Scones

Nothing wrong with really good French style omelettes either. Not exactly easy to find in Pattaya.

There is literally NOTHING on that list that I would ever eat. :-)

Hope to sample the menu in a few days. Booked a last minute trip.

As for breakfast, keep it at 185 or under - inc juice & coffee - and have a range of set menus.

Full English.

Omelette.

Pancakes.

Fruit & yoghurt

Etc etc,

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I'm not sure how many people are going to go out of their way in the morning to get the same dishes they can get much closer. I never would. Maybe my idea is crap. It wasn't so much about those specific dishes but more of a concept. Different stuff, not the cheapest, worth going out of your way for at a time of day most people need more motivation to go out of their way. 

I'm not sure how many people are going to go out of their way in the morning to get the same dishes they can get much closer. I never would. Maybe my idea is crap. It wasn't so much about those specific dishes but more of a concept. Different stuff, not the cheapest, worth going out of your way for at a time of day most people need more motivation to go out of their way.

I know what you are saying.

I'm sure the owner will work it out.

It shows the huge difference between the eating habits of different countries.

Whenever I see photos of food at Pastrami & Rye I just think there's absolutely no way I'd eat such 'crap' but the American BM's rave about the place. Different strokes.

:-)

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I'm sure people come regularly from all over town for their lunch and dinner menu. 

I doubt many will for breakfasts with the same choices as everywhere.

For all I know, there is nothing they can do to make breakfast work there, but I wish them luck. 

Top of Soi Lenkee is hardly going out of your way for a decent breakfast

There is literally NOTHING on that list that I would ever eat. :-)

Hope to sample the menu in a few days. Booked a last minute trip.

As for breakfast, keep it at 185 or under - inc juice & coffee - and have a range of set menus.

Full English.

Omelette.

Pancakes.

Fruit & yoghurt

Etc etc,

Yep

Bang on

Just what most folks want for breakfast

The simple stuff

But good quality ingredients cooked well

Not loads of food you have never heard of

Sure, people are more conservative with breakfast.

A lot of people eat the same breakfast everyday for years.

They could try a mix of standard items peppered with some novel offerings and see how it goes.

What percentage of their regular menu crowd do you think lives in or is visiting anywhere near Soi Lengkee? I would guess not many at all.

My suggestion is to do a breakfast menu of more unusual items not generally available in town which keeps with the image of the place already.

Examples I have here.. You could probably find hundreds of others. The point is being different at a tempting price point but not the cheapest place.

chilaquiles platter

huevos ranchero platter

Fancy French toast

special Scones

Some kind of flavorful cream sauce seafood with a crepe type thing or other bread or variation

Hoooo-wee, buddy! .. now you talkin', Kreggerz! .. in a congested market, differentiate yourself.

Restaurants with the same-same often try differentiating themselves with the lowest price .. it has got to be painfully low margin and low quality, which ends up tarnishing the restaurant's all important reputation .. and Bite Me Bistro has a great reputation to defend .. do not cheapen it trying to compete with the poor quality food and service to which cheap-cheap breakfast are inevitably driven, sacrificing the restaurant's more profitable daytime and evening deal flow.

Some creative dishes, which this kitchen seems capable of perfecting, could be useful in reducing any waste from the previous day's food purchase.

Think about mongo 3-egg overstuffed omelettes, made with leftover sauces and sauteed unused veggies and meats from the previous day's purchase that might otherwise be discarded .. sour dough toast .. grilled breakfast potatoes with onions and capiscum .. where else you going to find that? .. and, serve that sour dough toast with homemade jams .. not too difficult, or expensive, to make.

As for measuring the local market demand for breakfast, take a barometric reading off of this forum as an indicator of breakfast's popularity .. one of the absolute most popular of all time threads on PA was/is the Nixon's Best and Worst Breakfast thread .. way more hits, replies and pages than all but a handful of threads on hotties .. fallen only because the thread OP was sadly banned .. (maybe trash talkin' too strongly about someone's poorly prepared bearnaise sauce! .. :WinkGrin1: .. foodies can get quite spirited when a bearnaise is bruised, scorched, or diluted).

Evaluating the positioning, I might include Pascal's in my competitive set .. they appear to have a following of dedicated local regulars, do a booming weekend breakfast trade (unsure of the weekends), are clearly differentiated, and are affordably positioned between the cheap-cheap and the expensive hotel buffets .. go after that buyer .. but .. with a different offer .. give the local regulars a choice to mix it up a bit.

Keep the most expensive fixed asset (the kitchen) working as many hours a day as possible.

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

Breakfast, only 2 things, quality ingredients and a chef who can cook them. Easy really, but not in Pattaya lol.

Poached eggs that don't taste of vinegar

Poached eggs cooked properly, not raw or rock hard.

Scrambled egg that doesn't taste of cheap sausage fat

Scrambled eggs cooked in a small amount of butter, not ladles of cheap margarine.

Bacon that contains meat, rather than 70% fat.

A choice between smoked and unsmoked bacon, and preferably back bacon.

Sausage that are real and not rubber textured and a smoked flavour that masks the cheapness of it.

Bread that doesn't contain ten tonne of sugar.

Baked beans see above.

Orange juice that comes from an orange.

Decent coffee...to be fair there are quite a few places that do good coffee in Pattaya.

Archived