IGNORED

Food I like

just hanging

My favourite breakfast/Lunch

attachicon.gif1478245263010.jpg

Hi Ghosty,

That looks awesome, where is the restaurant that serves this, I cant make it out from the stubby holder, not sure if there is a name there. Cheers

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you been to simons to try the sweet and sour yet? Keen to know what you think, if you like it we can meet down there for feed and some beers before I go home

no pig cheeks for you then?

Ding Ding ...... Please remember to like and subscribe.

MK.....one of my favorite places

attachicon.gifIMG_9699.jpg

the red pork (char siew) is actually quite badly done. HK does the best , with a little charred bits at the edges! Sauce should be minimum so as not to soften the crispiness of the charred bits. MK soup sucks according to my taste. The broth is water-like, there should be some stock in it.

Besides that , I thought the duck and the noodles as well as the tim sum at MK is always underrated and excellent.

CharSiew.jpg

From the www

the red pork (char siew) is actually quite badly done. HK does the best , with a little charred bits at the edges! Sauce should be minimum so as not to soften the crispiness of the charred bits.

attachicon.gifCharSiew.jpg

From the www

agreed, I love the cruncy bits but hard to find here, and I can get a big order at MK :)       When I visit HK I go down by the fish stores, aquarium, and go to the same place, a whole one they slice for me and I pic a crunchy one.....mmmmmmm

agreed, I love the cruncy bits but hard to find here, and I can get a big order at MK :)       When I visit HK I go down by the fish stores, aquarium, and go to the same place, a whole one they slice for me and I pic a crunchy one.....mmmmmmm

We should do a dinner date!

We should do a dinner date!

anytime....joop joop

I do not wish to upset anyone on this thread and admit I have only skimmed many of the posts but I am puzzled that a forum that "I" believe is supposed to inform and "educate" BM's and hopefully "newbies". In this case it is about food but the information given has so many codes given that it gives the appearance of being an "insiders" subject. I admit my "skimming" may be at fault but why cannot each post state where the meal is from (in full) what it cost and a more definitive location. 

I do not wish to upset anyone on this thread and admit I have only skimmed many of the posts but I am puzzled that a forum that "I" believe is supposed to inform and "educate" BM's and hopefully "newbies". In this case it is about food but the information given has so many codes given that it gives the appearance of being an "insiders" subject. I admit my "skimming" may be at fault but why cannot each post state where the meal is from (in full) what it cost and a more definitive location. 

food I like is the title, I am doing it for fun and not getting paid.   I have the name of the restaurant on most, GS will tell you want you want, I am not into making a map, and if you put your mouse over the dish there is a short description coming up and anyone that asked for more info got it.  I put this up so people can find whats out there, if you need more info they cannot easily get, just ask

food I like is the title, I am doing it for fun and not getting paid.   I have the name of the restaurant on most, GS will tell you want you want, I am not into making a map, and if you put your mouse over the dish there is a short description coming up and anyone that asked for more info got it.  I put this up so people can find whats out there, if you need more info they cannot easily get, just ask

Well I started my post by saying "I do not wish to upset anyone" but your reply seems to show I have upset you, for that I apologise. I also apologise for being a "technophobe", my fault as I have not been able to keep up, probably my age and my personal situation in my home country which is certainly only my own responsibility. I was never expecting a map but just tried to indicate that for some a description of the location and less use of abbreviations may be more helpful. Again my apologies I appreciate that many may understand the content of the posts, I just was a little confused about what I thought would be very eluciidate content.

Well I started my post by saying "I do not wish to upset anyone" but your reply seems to show I have upset you, for that I apologise. I also apologise for being a "technophobe", my fault as I have not been able to keep up, probably my age and my personal situation in my home country which is certainly only my own responsibility. I was never expecting a map but just tried to indicate that for some a description of the location and less use of abbreviations may be more helpful. Again my apologies I appreciate that many may understand the content of the posts, I just was a little confused about what I thought would be very eluciidate content.

no biggie, all good

Can't find an authentic spaghetti carbonara in Thailand. So I make it myself....

IMG_0359.JPG

IMG_0360.JPG

IMG_0361.JPG

did you specifically angled the wine glass so the plate looks like an egg in the wine or some art thing?

wooden box..new items

chicken satay sandwich without the bread.....sweet potato fries

chicken sanwich satay.JPG

Chicken Mango

Chicken Mango.JPG

Why do so many of you eat western food in Thailand? The most I'll do when I hit SEA is an occasional pizza but apart from that its local food all the way.

I can add fried crickets, cicadas, larvae amd frogs to my 'done' list as of two weeks ago. Brilliant bar snacks and I was buying little bags of those crawly fuckers throughout my stay.

Why do so many of you eat western food in Thailand? The most I'll do when I hit SEA is an occasional pizza but apart from that its local food all the way.

I can add fried crickets, cicadas, larvae amd frogs to my 'done' list as of two weeks ago. Brilliant bar snacks and I was buying little bags of those crawly fuckers throughout my stay.

Two general reasons are because we like it and/or we live here and get bored with eating the same local stuff all the time and want variety just as if we were living anywhere. 

Two general reasons are because we like it and/or we live here and get bored with eating the same local stuff all the time and want variety just as if we were living anywhere.

Fair enough. I dont really eat much western food at home, so I don't have to take a huge leap to adopt the local food when I travel as much as some others

Fair enough. I dont really eat much western food at home, so I don't have to take a huge leap to adopt the local food when I travel as much as some others

Living in Thailand, western food becomes exotic. 

I do think that when traveling it makes sense to mostly eat the local foods unless for the some reason they can't. 

Living in Thailand, western food becomes exotic. 

That makes perfect sense actually. And I have found that there is some pretty bloody good western food in Thailand of you happen across a decent place.

New York Diner...next to Insomnia

funny they have thai food dishes, 99 baht with a beer.  I asked can I change to water, which is cheaper but no.

the food was just okay, music from across the street great

IMG_9871.JPG

IMG_9872.JPG

IMG_9873.JPG

New York Diner...next to insomnia

funny they have thai food dishes, 99 baht with a beer.  I asked can I change to water, which is cheaper but no.

the food was just okay, music from across the street great

attachicon.gifIMG_9871.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_9872.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_9873.JPG

Are these really the Thai food dishes which they have on promotion? Funny I haven't seen any Thai food like that here in Hua Hin.

Archived