Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Rugby World Cup

kikielee

I would hope that Stuart Lancaster resigns as soon as the group stage is over .    By all accounts he is a thoroughly decent man , and should do the right thing . 

Don't think his bosses Rob Andrew and the other guy ( forget name )  will go  , even though they handed out the six year contracts .  

A sorry mess , and could have been so much better as i think there is decent talent in the side .    England were playing with fear against Australia and the result was never in doubt . 

Looking forward to some good  Q final match ups .     

Mikeyboy

Mikeyboy I have to challenge part of the above, any man/men stepping onto the international rugby field in this day and age are not fearful. Lacking in confidence? IMO without a doubt, questioning their own teams ability I can even agree with that. Fear, I saw no signs of.

I am in no way partisan so I watch purely for the pleasure of seeing a good game, which that match was not in my opinion.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always extra pressure to perform on your home soil in a big tournament lthough offset by home ground advantage. England underperformed really.

Aussies definitely not unbeatable so game against Wales will be a great game I think. Aussies would go in as favourites though.

Mikeyboy I have to challenge part of the above, any man/men stepping onto the international rugby field in this day and age are not fearful. Lacking in confidence? IMO without a doubt, questioning their own teams ability I can even agree with that. Fear, I saw no signs of.

I am in no way partisan so I watch purely for the pleasure of seeing a good game, which that match was not in my opinion.

Ok Cerberus , maybe fear was too strong a word ,  but from what i saw the occasion did get to the England players . 

Lacking in confidence sure , but also no obvious game plans  , dummy runs and missed passes seemed to be the order of the day and then just try and bull through the Australian defence . 

Was never going to work against one of the top sides , a bit of flair and imagination was needed .  

Mikeyboy

Ok Cerberus , maybe fear was too strong a word ,  but from what i saw the occasion did get to the England players . 

Lacking in confidence sure , but also no obvious game plans  , dummy runs and missed passes seemed to be the order of the day and then just try and bull through the Australian defence . 

Was never going to work against one of the top sides , a bit of flair and imagination was needed .  

Mikeyboy

Now I agree with you fully  :Evil_Grin2: I remember the dark years of Welsh rugby when I waited with anticipation for their return, as I knew they would return.  Just as I know the English players are saying to each other exactly what you/we have said. I have been to watch the battles in Dublin, Murrayfield and Cardiff and Twickenham. Win or lose its always been great craic in the pub afterwards. After all its rugby not football. 

I would love to see an Ireland v Wales final. OK perhaps wishful thinking but who knows.

South Africa 64 USA 0 did expect South Africa to win but not by so much .

Big improvement from their first game when they lost to Japan .

Ireland v Wales in the final would be fantastic...Ireland are looking powerfully confident, Wales are playing with their hearts....It would be a fantastic celtic spectacle...

Yes SA were expected to beat the US, but they did it with ease and style....Wales have to beat the Ozzys Saturday...if they don't, then facing SA will be a game to far...

Big day for Scotland , they have to beat Samoa because Japan should get past the USA

Wales - Australia   &   France - Ireland  ( tomorrow )  should be good match ups and give a good insight into their Q/F chances . 

Mikeyboy

Colossal defending by Australia when they were down to 13 players – truly amazing.  Its moments like that when players start to believe that anything is possible.

I’ve lost all interest in the embarrassment that is England and have decided to watch footy instead.

Tomorrow I will jump on the Irish bandwagon and cheer them on at the Olympic park fan zone.

Colossal defending by Australia when they were down to 13 players – truly amazing.  Its moments like that when players start to believe that anything is possible.

I’ve lost all interest in the embarrassment that is England and have decided to watch footy instead.

Tomorrow I will jump on the Irish bandwagon and cheer them on at the Olympic park fan zone.

Yes , the defending by Australia 2 men down was fantastic .  Excellent game despite no tries .      Wales will find it really tough against a South African team getting better by the match .

Would be great to see the Irish turn  " le bleus " over and avoid the All blacks in the Q finals . 

Mikeyboy

Just watched the Australia Wales replay, and WOW, Wales blew that one.

After the 3rd penalty in a row, 15 v 13 and no result, they should've taken the points and reset. People think it's easy playing a man or two up, but you really do need a solid plan. Taking a penalty kick and resetting can often be the better option, as it opens the field right up.

Must've been demoralizing once they gave that penalty away. Poor buggers.

In saying that, Australia were very lucky considering the injury toll Wales had, they should've won that a bit more comfortably.

Great Wallaby win against a good Welsh team. With 2 players off the pitch the wallabies held off a huge effort by the Welsh attacking the line for 10 minutes.

Aussies v Wales was a good game without being great. Aussies very sloppy in their execution. Game before of Scots v Samoa was a great game which to me was the best of the tournament so far.

Wales now in the Southern Hemispere side of the draw I think and need to beat SA and NZ. Can't see them doing that to be honest.

Wales had their chances...the Ozzys were so clinical. You have to think what Wales would have done if they had their full team...Wales now have a very tough route, SA next week , and if they win...they face the Kiwis...

Ironic really both Wales rugby and football lost, but the rugby team are through to the quarters, and the football team are through to the Europe championships....

Aussies v Wales was a good game without being great. Aussies very sloppy in their execution. Game before of Scots v Samoa was a great game which to me was the best of the tournament so far.

Wales now in the Southern Hemispere side of the draw I think and need to beat SA and NZ. Can't see them doing that to be honest.

Both games were enjoyable to watch , just different , that is all.

Samoa / Scotland was an attack fest , particularly in the 1st half , and Scotland certainly fell into the Samoans pattern of play , which almost cost them the win.  They certainly had the rub of the green , and only that they changed their philosophy & took the kicks for goal , or they would have all been barracking for USA 2nite.

Aus / Wales was full of drama & defense , with both teams giving it a red hot dip.  Wales had their chances , when playing a depleted team , due to indiscretions , but could not finish off , so they got beaten , no shame in that.

As for those lamenting "what Wales would have done if they had their full team" , there are always injuries in any tournament , shit happens , it is a test of depth as much as it is about fielding what is perceived as the "A" team , prior to the tournament commencing.  

Wales are not without a chance of an upset in the coming gas , so don't be throwing your tickets out yet

Both games were enjoyable to watch , just different , that is all.

Samoa / Scotland was an attack fest , particularly in the 1st half , and Scotland certainly fell into the Samoans pattern of play , which almost cost them the win.  They certainly had the rub of the green , and only that they changed their philosophy & took the kicks for goal , or they would have all been barracking for USA 2nite.

Aus / Wales was full of drama & defense , with both teams giving it a red hot dip.  Wales had their chances , when playing a depleted team , due to indiscretions , but could not finish off , so they got beaten , no shame in that.

As for those lamenting "what Wales would have done if they had their full team" , there are always injuries in any tournament , shit happens , it is a test of depth as much as it is about fielding what is perceived as the "A" team , prior to the tournament commencing.  

Wales are not without a chance of an upset in the coming gas , so don't be throwing your tickets out yet

Yes I understand you 'pick up injuries' in the tournament...but Wales had 7 before it started ! 

Yes the Scotland game was non stop excitement by both sides. You could argue that Scotlands first try was a bit lucky compared with the Samoan tries. Greg Laidlaw  not only kicked the penalties he also scored what  proved to be the winning try.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

Irelands call is an embarrassment which it was binned

???       

Ireland 9  France 6   halftime   ,    hard game , Sexton and O'connell injured  .   loser gets the all blacks in the quarters

Mikeyboy

???       

Ireland 9  France 6   halftime   ,    hard game , Sexton and O'connell injured  .   loser gets the all blacks in the quarters

Mikeyboy

meant to say wish it was binned.  Those injuries arent good. Im not a fan of looking for easier routes in tournaments and then scratching the head when things go wrong in a semi or final. If you have ambitions to win the tournament you should be happy to play NZ and knock them out asap

24 - 9  Ireland  .  completely bossed the second half .  French looked a bit ragged towards the end .   

The injuries will be a concern of course ,  q/finals next weekend .  

Mikeyboy

24 - 9  Ireland  .  completely bossed the second half .  French looked a bit ragged towards the end .   

The injuries will be a concern of course ,  q/finals next weekend .  

Mikeyboy

Can say i know much about Argentina but i expect a win. NZ, Australia, SA, Ireland final 4?

Can say i know much about Argentina but i expect a win. NZ, Australia, SA, Ireland final 4?

Have a small financial interest in Argentina . 

They are are decent side with a much improved running game now , to go with a formidable pack .  

Far from a pushover . N Z could only beat them 26 -16 in the pool match .

Mikeyboy

Have a small financial interest in Argentina . 

They are are decent side with a much improved running game now , to go with a formidable pack .  

Far from a pushover . N Z could only beat them 26 -16 in the pool match .

Mikeyboy

They are really improved. Their pack dominated this year against SA, NZ and Australia.

Archived