IGNORED

Rugby World Cup

kikielee

It's about to start in a few hours...and no thread yet? Not many rugby fans here then?

As I said in a few hours it start with England V fiji....England are of course in the 'group of death' with Wales and the Ozzys...So I can see the Ozzys going home early. But then you can never write off the Fijians...

Who do I see winning it? Not sure. The bookies obviously favor the Kiwis, but anything could happen. And to be fair over the years the Kiwis don't seem to be at their strongest in the World cup. 

England have a strong squad, Wales were looking very strong but have had a few injury's recently,  France are weak but always seem to come together for this, Ireland are blowing hot & cold...then we have S.Africa- who are always strong....So all in all should be a good few months of rugby...

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You beat me to it , re. opening a thread .    Should be a good tournament , and looks to be wide open if you exclude the Kiwi's . 

I think the semi finals  line up could be New Zealand , England  , Ireland and France .   

The Austalians don't look as strong as usual ,  South Africa , not this time  .   Wales have injury problems and under achieve most world cups .

France have the X factor to beat any one on their day , but equally can be dreadful .   England if they get on a roll will be the team that nobody will want to play .

Mikeyboy

As long as we beat the English I don't care!

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

It's about to start in a few hours...and no thread yet? Not many rugby fans here then?

As I said in a few hours it start with England V fiji....England are of course in the 'group of death' with Wales and the Ozzys...So I can see the Ozzys going home early. But then you can never write off the Fijians...

Who do I see winning it? Not sure. The bookies obviously favor the Kiwis, but anything could happen. And to be fair over the years the Kiwis don't seem to be at their strongest in the World cup. 

England have a strong squad, Wales were looking very strong but have had a few injury's recently,  France are weak but always seem to come together for this, Ireland are blowing hot & cold...then we have S.Africa- who are always strong....So all in all should be a good few months of rugby...

France may be weak but I have a sneaky feeling about them.

Three of the top 5 ine the world in one group - Asutralia (2), England (4) and Wales (5) is going to be very very tough and one team that should really be making quarter finals is going home disappointed.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Advantage England , although could be close .  I think it might just be the Aussies .

35 - 11 England in a match that was close for an hour ,   the Fijians ran out of steam    6 foot 4 inch 20 stone wing  was a handful !

Fiji will cause the Welsh and Aussies problems . 

Mikeyboy

It was looking tight ...but as ever the very physical Fijians ran out of steam...Wales have Uruguay tomorrow- should be a light training session...

Good start for England ! 

japan 34   South Africa  32    ,  brilliant  , the mighty springbok's absolutely second best in this match .

World cup has taken off !  

Mikeyboy

Fantastic by Japan....In football terms it's a bit like Accrington Stanley beating Manchester City. Incredible result. Greatest upset in Rugby history. 

IF ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL WHERE IS THE REST OF MY PENIS?

You guys didn't look very hard for a existing thread :)

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/278789-rugby-world-cup-the-hunny-pot/

How good was Japan tonight.

Blue Sky Group Ban Chang 0861415944 

https://www.facebook.com/Blue-Sky-Group-Ban-Chang-110095910415280

any world cup games on thai tv?

Fox Sports 2 via True is the Thai rights holder. ITV have the English rights and can be viewed free in SD via Filmon for HD IlikeHd is paid but good value, need a reasonable Internet connection though.

Blue Sky Group Ban Chang 0861415944 

https://www.facebook.com/Blue-Sky-Group-Ban-Chang-110095910415280

A few of the Japanese players don't look Japanese :GoldenSmile1:

Yes  , most teams look for foreign Imports  , including the southern hemisphere nations .   

Way of sport nowadays  sadly . 

Mikeyboy

Yes  , most teams look for foreign Imports  , including the southern hemisphere nations .   

Way of sport nowadays  sadly . 

Mikeyboy

Jack Charlton set the trend when 11 English players lined up for Ireland!

The jack Charlton school of nationality, if you sat  next to someone on the bus who knew someone who drank guiness, qualifies you to play

ITV. Losing build up to sporting events since 1954.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Wales-Uruguay  easy game...54- 9...

All Blacks 19-16 up on the Argies - Latest at 55mins...All blacks have fielded the most experienced team ever with over 1,000 caps between them...

Wales-Uruguay  easy game...54- 9...

All Blacks 19-16 up on the Argies - Latest at 55mins...All blacks have fielded the most experienced team ever with over 1,000 caps between them...

Yes , Uruguay look to be the whipping boys in pool A  , big match next weekend in this group i'm looking forward to .

Mikeyboy

if i was a betting man...

I would  be heading straight down to put money on south Africa..

they will react.. dont  doubt it :GoldenSmile1:

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

if i was a betting man...

I would  be heading straight down to put money on south Africa..

they will react.. dont  doubt it :GoldenSmile1:

Yes and it reminds me of the football world cup in 1990,Cameroon beat Argentina (the holders) 1-0 and although it wasnt a particularly good Argentinian,side they still managed reached the final,never write of the big guns no matter how tempting it is!

As if the injury situation couldn't get worse for Wales, Cory Allen has been ruled out for the whole tournament...

Unfortunately Japan were unable to repeat their performance against the sweaty socks.

What a shame that so many tickets are being sold by touts on secondary ticket sites. The governemnt blocked leglisation to prevent tickets being sold by touts - unlike the Olympics. Like almost every major sporting event us fans are always treated like dirt.

Archived