IGNORED

Rugby World Cup

kikielee

if i was a betting man...

I would  be heading straight down to put money on south Africa..

they will react.. dont  doubt it :GoldenSmile1:

South Africa beat Samoa   46 - 6  this afternoon .

First big match up of the competition ,   England  Wales  at Twickenham .      Bizarre that the worlds 2nd , 3 rd & 4 th ranked teams are all in the same group .

Been looking forward for ages to this one .      Bookies have England as favourites by 8  , but could be a very close match .

Mikeyboy   

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

England  V Wales :GoldenSmile1:

WALES VS ENGLAND.jpg

"It is the biggest match of the Rugby World Cup so far: two ancient enemies, two neighbours united by both border and historic rivalry, coming together in a group in which only the strongest can survive." BBC Sport

65 minutes gone and wales injuries are mounting , a game played at top speed .  22 - 18 England  , should go down to the wire .

Mikeyboy

Wales 28  England 25    

Well done the Welsh  , in a game that England led for nearly all , a converted try and a penalty in the last ten minutes saw them home .

Really hard game , the kickers didn't miss a pot at goal .

England now have to beat Australia to stay in the competition .

Mikeyboy

England 25

Wales B Team 28

With their injuries , i think they will need their C team for the next game .

Mikeyboy

3 words.....Awesome !!!!   As they say 'its not the dog in the fight but the fight in the dog'.  England were dominant in the set play, Wales again suffered more injury's- but kept battling - it paid off, as England seemed to run out of steam and options.....

I honestly hope that England beat the Ozzys and both go through...

Fair play to our Welsh cousins they deserved the victory.

Managed to pop down to the fan zone at the Olympic park today - loads of activities and a massive screen. If you are near one of the zones then its worth popping down.

Wales v Fiji will be no gimme

Wales have another 3 players out and many will have to play out posistion.

Amazing what they done last night with so many injuries and at HQ just shows what Desire

and believe can do.

It's also nice to see Dan Biggar get some credit a couple of years ago they kept picking Priestland

ahead of him who cost them match after match noteably against Australia when he kicked the ball

To the Aussies when leading with seconds to play for them to counter attack and score the winning

try with the last play of the game.

The Irish filled wembley today something England haven't done since 1996. :GoldenSmile1:

Was Guinness on special today at Wembley  ?     :GoldenSmile1:

Mikeyboy

Was Guinness on special today at Wembley  ?     :GoldenSmile1:

Mikeyboy

drank it dry. We'll pop over to twickenham and fill that for you after ye get knocked out :ThumbUp6:

drank it dry. We'll pop over to twickenham and fill that for you after ye get knocked out :ThumbUp6:

Very possible ,  Ireland have a decent chance of going a long way .     Some big matches coming up .   

Mikeyboy

Very possible ,  Ireland have a decent chance of going a long way .     Some big matches coming up .   

Mikeyboy

"A long way" how about IRELAND all the way.

Wales v Fiji will be no gimme

Wales have another 3 players out and many will have to play out posistion.

Amazing what they done last night with so many injuries and at HQ just shows what desire

and believe can do.

It's also nice to see Dan Biggar get some credit a couple of years ago they kept picking Priestland

ahead of him who cost them match after match noteably against Australia when he kicked the ball

To the Aussies when leading with seconds to play for them to counter attack and score the winning

try with the last play of the game.

I could not understand  why the Welsh scrumhalf. with about 2 minutes to go,  kicked the ball a short distance into touch for an English line-out. Luckily England  made a hash of the line-out. and Wales got a line-out put in which they won. But I could not believe it when the scrumhalf again kicked the ball away and it was charged down but luckily Wales managed to recover.it.

I thought the standard tactic with a few minutes to go was to keep possession.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

I'm still drunk from saturday, after watching that fantastic match.

Did anyone in Wales go to work today? :GoldenSmile1:

I could not understand  why the Welsh scrumhalf. with about 2 minutes to go,  kicked the ball a short distance into touch for an English line-out. Luckily England  made a hash of the line-out. and Wales got a line-out put in which they won. But I could not believe it when the scrumhalf again kicked the ball away and it was charged down but luckily Wales managed to recover.it.

I thought the standard tactic with a few minutes to go was to keep possession.

We wanted to give them hope.

Did anyone in Wales go to work today? :GoldenSmile1:

I live in Wales but work in england, I'm gutted I'm not back in work until wednesday.

New Zeland beat Georgia- again not a fantastic performance from the Kiwis......but a win is a win !

Big game tomorrow England v Austrailia...If England lose they are most definatley out... I think England will beat them...

Another hard fought battle against Fiji and yes our injuries are mounting up, this will be critical if we progress thru the tournament, but more worrying than that was our scrummaging on numerous times we were pushed back at a rate of knots ! Fiji are re known for their fast open play rugby and throwing the ball around just like they did in the 2nd half but not their scrumaging ? Wales were lucky to win and won the game thru determination, passion and never say die attitude that they showed against England last week  .

As for England they are in the last chance saloon that's for sure, I wouldn't want to be in Lancasters shoes right now, the team now after last weeks defeat at HQ are shell shocked and do not have the belief in themselves and way too much pressure on them now from media, supporters and just about everyone else !  with pressure comes forced errors and wrong decisions and playing against Australia that is a recipe for disaster.

Sorry my English cousins but today I cant see you beating a strong Australian team, their backrow are awesome at break downs and will out play Robshaw an co and their backs too quick, my only wish for todays game is Australia have a few injuries, because when Wales face the Aussies it will be Wales C side they will be facing due to our injuries lol. 

It has been a thrilling World Cup so far and a few shock results , Japan beating South Africa showed just what the World Cup was all about , making the impossible very much possible. England need to believe in themselves and ignore everything else that's happened and have a little luck and they could be the next Japan otherwise its tournament over.  

I know its not the genuine Rugby fans but the English fans who have jumped on the world cup bandwagon booing the Penalty Kicks are a disgrace

Archived