IGNORED

No more in-out border runs to Cambodia?

brewster

Update on my "visa run"

Got a call 7pm last night from the the visa company and was asked if i could wait to go until 18th "my visa expire that date"

She told today was a bad day to go because some police general would visit the border so there would be loads of police.

And i think now not to many people go so maybe they dont want go with 1 or 2 costumers but try to wait until they can fill the minivan.

Cant wait until this nonsens is over.

Life is nice :GoldenSmile1:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoping rain will get mostly over by the end of September...

On average October is the second wettest month... :P

Don't worry about your passport too much. I am guessing that you will have postal tracking and I don't believe much goes wrong when you have that.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Update on my "visa run"

Got a call 7pm last night from the the visa company and was asked if i could wait to go until 18th "my visa expire that date"

She told today was a bad day to go because some police general would visit the border so there would be loads of police.

And i think now not to many people go so maybe they dont want go with 1 or 2 costumers but try to wait until they can fill the minivan.

This visit to the border by the "big chief" would seem to be the reason for the crackdown.  Things should return to normal once it's over.  I hope!

This visit to the border by the "big chief" would seem to be the reason for the crackdown.  Things should return to normal once it's over.  I hope!

I'm afraid it'll take a lot longer, but I hope you're right!

Don't worry about your passport too much. I am guessing that you will have postal tracking and I don't believe much goes wrong when you have that.

I take it that was sarcasm or you don't use Australia Post much.

Update on my "visa run"

:Flying:

I take it that was sarcasm or you don't use Australia Post much.

If it was as bad as some people think companies wouldn't be using them to deliver parcels worth thousands of dollars. I have had quite a few of such parcels delivered and many parcels of less value delivered with no issues. If you are talking about items that have no tracking and do not require a signature then you may have a point but I was not referring to that situation.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

How is it nonsense ??

Visa Runs to Border Posts are completely against the spirit of Visa Exempt entries. Totally legal I agree but not what they were intended for.  Get a Multiple Tourist Visa from your home Country

I have never been comfortable with relying on exempt entries, even though I have had to use them a couple times to avoid overstays, which I am pretty sure reflect even more badly on ones record than a few exempt entries.

Honestly, we should all be thankful the process is so simple.

How is it nonsense ??

Visa Runs to Border Posts are completely against the spirit of Visa Exempt entries. Totally legal I agree but not what they were intended for.  Get a Multiple Tourist Visa from your home Country

And thats what i got

But still have to do a visa run every 3 months

How is it nonsense ??

Visa Runs to Border Posts are completely against the spirit of Visa Exempt entries. Totally legal I agree but not what they were intended for. Get a Multiple Tourist Visa from your home Country

If border runs are legal it's nonsense to suddenly stop processing them.

It sounds like they are only cracking down on those who are abusing the system. They are again targeting those who are in Thailand for purposes other than tourism. For those people it is not a legal avenue to stay in Thailand. I base this on the earlier post by davidge on the first page of this thread which I don't think has been confirmed yet.

It sounds like they are only cracking down on those who are abusing the system. They are again targeting those who are in Thailand for purposes other than tourism. For those people it is not a legal avenue to stay in Thailand. I base this on the earlier post by davidge on the first page of this thread which I don't think has been confirmed yet.

Rather worrying for me, as my GF and mother of my 6 month old son is from Laos and has lived in Pattaya for 5+ years on in-out border runs to Cambodia. This is the first time she's not been able to do one and has had to make the 14 hour trip back to Laos and then come back the next day.

Next month will hopefully be back to normal.

And thats what i got

But still have to do a visa run every 3 months

Lots of guys using them to work here illegally and they cracked down on it before.

Multi-entry TVs are meant for tourists who come here, then travel somewhere else, then come back.

They're not intended for continuous stay and if that's how you use them you can't complain if they reel you in now and again.

Lots of guys using them to work here illegally and they cracked down on it before.

Multi-entry TVs are meant for tourists who come here, then travel somewhere else, then come back.

They're not intended for continuous stay and if that's how you use them you can't complain if they reel you in now and again.

In a nutshell....+1

For exactly the reason you quoted me from !!

Reading on Thaivisa that the Status Quo has been resumed and its as we were.  Back to normal

Where does it says that i have to travel somewhere and then come back what it says is that you have to leave the country every 60 days not saying where and how long you should go before enter again.

For tourist visa, each entry allows you to stay in Thailand for 60 days. If you apply for a double or a triple entry, then you should leave the country every 60 days. (You are advised to check the stamp of the immigration upon arrival.)

Holders of Danish travel documents and Danish alien passports must apply for a visa regardless of how many days the applicant will stay in the Kingdom.

With tourist visa, travellers are strictly prohibited to conduct in all kinds of work including voluntary work and internship.

Where does it says that i have to travel somewhere and then come back ....................................

In all the guidelines Immigration issued the last time they implemented a blanket crackdown.

Being pedantic about what it says on your Visa won't get you anywhere if the officer thinks you're dodgy - it happened to lots of border runners.

Yep I was told the same Friday.. luckily I am ok 'til sept 2016. Plenty of time to get 800,000 transferred but some will not be so lucky or not have the funds immediately available..

That figure will be raised eventually, I've been expecting it all this year and I'm surprised actually it hasn't happened already. I certainly don't have any insider information on this but my guess is before too long to get retirement extensions - no more income statements from embassies accepted and 1.3 million THB in a Thai bank account. 

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

Where does it says that i have to travel somewhere and then come back what it says is that you have to leave the country every 60 days not saying where and how long you should go before enter again.

For tourist visa, each entry allows you to stay in Thailand for 60 days. If you apply for a double or a triple entry, then you should leave the country every 60 days. (You are advised to check the stamp of the immigration upon arrival.)

Holders of Danish travel documents and Danish alien passports must apply for a visa regardless of how many days the applicant will stay in the Kingdom.

With tourist visa, travellers are strictly prohibited to conduct in all kinds of work including voluntary work and internship.

Having a visa is not a guarantee that you will be admitted. The immigration officer has the right to refuse entry he/she feels that you are not a tourist. Likewise they are not obliged to admit you for 60 days.

No more Out/In stamps on Thai-Cambo border  for anyone.......

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/856633-no-more-outin-stamps-on-thai-cambo-border-for-anyone/  EVEN WITH VISA .....!! the article say , published at 20 .00 time

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

It does appear that anyone needing to activate a 2nd or 3rd entry on a multiple entry visa will need to spend at least one night outside Thailand before returning. However, non Cambodian border points (Laos) might still be allowing immediate return.

Even with visa?

Great. I should have just come with the 30 day exemption like I originally planned. Now my passport is sitting on someone's desk at the embassy, waiting to get it back, and they emailed me asking when i plan to use my 2nd entry.  I just want to spend as much time as I can there and now these laws are changing right before I arrive :(

Well, I panicked and began the tourist visa process here in the states today. I didnt want to do it because I dont like the idea of putting my passport in the mail this close to leaving the country. If something were to happen to my passport, I am completely screwed. But I sent it overnight for a hefty fee and included an overnight return envelope for a hefty fee so between the shipping days and the three days the consulate said it would take to process I should have it by middle of next week, mailed to the location i will be in at that time, with two days to spare before the plane takes off.

I am ridden with anxiety now with my passport mailed off and wondering between it getting lost or sent to the wrong address or the consulate coming back and saying I failed to include something, how I am going to be able to relax for the next week. I am already letting thoughts of the trip interrupt my work responsibilities, now I have this hanging over my head. 

Hopefully, I have done the right thing. I guess my next question would be, is there anything that can be done if you cannot get your passport in hand with only 24-48 hours to do something about it?

For the love of god, just get me to Pattaya!

Take a deep breath mate, "she'll be right".

Not sure about the states mate, but worse case scenario if the passport goes missing, here in Ozz I can go to the passport office and get a new one same day if I'm prepared to wait a few hours.

Might be worth checking that out to give you a bit of peace of mind. Then at least your back to square one and at worst you'd have to fly out of Thailand to PP for example rather than doing the bus border run.

Hope it all works out for you.

Cheers

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Archived